Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    DSS invites Datti Baba-Ahmed over alleged inciting public comments

    DSS invites Datti Baba-Ahmed over alleged inciting public comments

    November 29, 2025
    Minister for Justice and Attorney-General Abubakar Malami EFCC assets

    Malami released after EFCC grilling

    November 29, 2025
    Veteran Nollywood actor and cultural icon Lere Paimo

    Lere Paimo is alive – ANTP

    November 29, 2025
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • DSS invites Datti Baba-Ahmed over alleged inciting public comments
    • Malami released after EFCC grilling
    • Lere Paimo is alive – ANTP
    • Jonathan questions Guinea-Bissau’s president’s involvement in coup
    • Tanker explosion kills three in Kano
    • Kwara govt yet to release freed church abductees after one week
    • Terrorists now using satellite communication, says NASRDA
    • Tax reforms: NOA launches nationwide campaign to counter misinformation
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Saturday, November 29
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Seven abducted in FCT as bandits strike again

    Opalim LiftedBy Opalim LiftedNovember 28, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Seven abducted in FCT as bandits strike again
    Gunmen
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Barely a week after a police officer was killed in Guto, Bwari Area Council, Federal Capital Territory (FCT) has again come under attack, with bandits abducting six young girls and a 16-year-old boy during a late-night raid on Gidan-Bijimi, a settlement in Kawu Ward.

    The attack occurred around 9:47 p.m. on Wednesday when armed men wielding AK-47 rifles stormed two homes, firing repeatedly into the air before escaping with their victims.

    Kawu, which borders Kaduna State, lies close to the Gidan Dogo and Kweti forests—long-known transit routes and hideouts for criminal gangs operating along the FCT–Kaduna corridor.

    Gidan-Bijimi itself sits near Marke village, an area that has witnessed rising criminal activity in recent months.

    The latest abduction comes just days after gunmen invaded Guto, another boundary community in Bwari, where the FCT Police Command reported that about 30 attackers attempted to kidnap a family. Two assailants were killed in that incident, while a police officer lost his life.

    A resident of Kawu, Suleiman Shuaibu, confirmed that the abducted girls were between 17 and 23 years old.

    • FCTA orders early closure of schools over rising security threats

    “I got a call around 9:53 p.m. that bandits had invaded the village. They abducted six young girls. Unfortunately, my cousin sister is among the victims,” he said, adding that a teenage boy was also taken.

    Shuaibu added that members of the local vigilance group attempted to confront the gunmen but withdrew due to the attackers’ superior firepower.

    Several residents fled into nearby bushes, while others hid indoors until morning. As of Thursday, there had been no contact from the kidnappers, and police had yet to officially confirm the incident.

    The abduction has deepened concerns over the worsening security situation in Bwari Area Council, prompting renewed calls for stronger protection across communities bordering Kaduna and Niger states.

    In response to rising anxieties, the Federal Capital Territory Administration on Wednesday announced fresh security measures following an expanded meeting of the FCT Security Council chaired by Minister Nyesom Wike.

    FCT Commissioner of Police, Miller Dantawaye, said the council had fully activated Operation Sweep, a multi-agency security response reorganised to tackle emerging threats.

    He explained that the operation now covers four major sectors, including Gwagwalada, Bwari, and two corridors stretching across the city centre from Berger and Wuse through Karu, Mararaba, Karshi, and Orozo.

    According to him, the minister has provided “adequate logistics” for the joint deployment of personnel from the police, military, DSS, NSCDC, FRSC, Immigration Service, Correctional Service, and other agencies.

    Despite the new measures, Wednesday night’s attack underscores the vulnerability of remote communities and the growing audacity of criminal groups pushing toward the capital.

    Residents said they now live in constant fear and appealed for urgent action to rescue the victims and halt what many described as a slide into daily terror.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    DSS invites Datti Baba-Ahmed over alleged inciting public comments

    DSS invites Datti Baba-Ahmed over alleged inciting public comments

    Minister for Justice and Attorney-General Abubakar Malami EFCC assets

    Malami released after EFCC grilling

    Veteran Nollywood actor and cultural icon Lere Paimo

    Lere Paimo is alive – ANTP

    2027: Court asked to restrain Jonathan from contesting

    Jonathan questions Guinea-Bissau’s president’s involvement in coup

    39 Niger tanker explosion victims get mass burial

    Tanker explosion kills three in Kano

    The terrorists who kidnapped about 35 worshippers from the Christ Apostolic Church, Oke-Igan, Eruku, in the Ekiti Local Government Area of Kwara State, have reportedly demanded N100 million ransom per victim.

    Kwara govt yet to release freed church abductees after one week

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    DSS invites Datti Baba-Ahmed over alleged inciting public comments

    DSS invites Datti Baba-Ahmed over alleged inciting public comments

    November 29, 2025
    Minister for Justice and Attorney-General Abubakar Malami EFCC assets

    Malami released after EFCC grilling

    November 29, 2025
    Veteran Nollywood actor and cultural icon Lere Paimo

    Lere Paimo is alive – ANTP

    November 29, 2025
    2027: Court asked to restrain Jonathan from contesting

    Jonathan questions Guinea-Bissau’s president’s involvement in coup

    November 29, 2025
    39 Niger tanker explosion victims get mass burial

    Tanker explosion kills three in Kano

    November 29, 2025
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2025 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.