Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Gabon suspends social media amid 'fake news', rising unrest

    Gabon suspends social media amid ‘fake news’, rising unrest

    February 19, 2026
    Canada flags Nigeria, 16 African countries as high-risk in new travel advisory

    Canada updates express entry for foreign professionals

    February 19, 2026
    Yoon: South Korea’s ex-president indicted for abuse of power

    Yoon: Ex-South Korea leader bags life sentence over insurrection

    February 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Gabon suspends social media amid ‘fake news’, rising unrest
    • Canada updates express entry for foreign professionals
    • Yoon: Ex-South Korea leader bags life sentence over insurrection
    • Bolt reveals slain S’Africa-based Nigerian student worked illegally
    • Tinubu made Buhari, he can make an Igbo President too – Cubana Chief Priest
    • Vinicius gets support from football stars over racist abuse incident
    • US to withdraw all troops from Syria
    • Police deploy personnel ahead of FCT council elections
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Thursday, February 19
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Police grill Ogun monarch over assault of 73-year-old man

    Vincent OsuwoBy Vincent OsuwoFebruary 4, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Police grill Ogun monarch over assault of 73-year-old man
    The 73-year-old man was seen dehumanized by the monarch in a viral video
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Oba Abdulsemiu Ogunjobi, the Olorile of Orile-Ifo, has been invited and questioned by the Ogun State Police Command on Monday for assaulting Areola Abraham, a 73-year-old chief.

    The state government announced that the monarch would be suspended for six months.

    After a video of Ogunjobi verbally and physically abusing Arinola went viral, it caused anger.

    The two-minute video showed Arinola kneeling on the road as a man who was allegedly Ogunjobi lambasted him and his family and accused him of plotting.

    Threatening to imprison the chief, the monarch, who was allegedly a retired police officer, also boasted of his power over law enforcement.

    Areola was once smacked by a man who was with the traditional ruler and told to bow down in front of the monarch.

    In a Monday post on his X Twitter, Force Public Relations Officer Olumuiywa Adejobi provided an update on the incident, revealing that the monarch had been invited and questioned about it.

    The FPRO stated that justice would be done in the case and pointed out that no one person could dominate the police force.

    Adejobi said, “The Oba has been invited and interrogated today by the command. The matter is being looked into for justice to prevail. Nobody can claim to be controlling the NPF. Justice must be served by all means. Thanks.”

    The decision was made after Oba Ogunjobi and his victim were invited for an interrogation by Ganiyu Hamzat, the Commissioner for Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs, according to a statement released Monday by Kayode Akinmade, Special Adviser to Governor Dapo Abiodun on Communication and Strategy.

    “This became imperative as a result of the reckless utterances and public misconduct of the Kabiyesi, as it was evident on social media and being bandied in the larger public space.

    “After the investigation conducted on the matter, the Kabiyesi has been suspended and stripped of the paraphernalia of the stool of Olorile-Ifo pending the determination of his culpability or otherwise on the allegation.

    “The foregoing decision was reached by the ministry in conjunction with the Egba Traditional Council under Section 52(1) of the Obas and Chiefs’ Law of Ogun State 2021.”

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Canada flags Nigeria, 16 African countries as high-risk in new travel advisory

    Canada updates express entry for foreign professionals

    Yoon: South Korea’s ex-president indicted for abuse of power

    Yoon: Ex-South Korea leader bags life sentence over insurrection

    Bolt has revealed that Isaac Satlat, the Nigerian student murdered by suspected carjackers in Pretoria, South Africa, was an illegal driver.

    Bolt reveals slain S’Africa-based Nigerian student worked illegally

    Tinubu made Buhari, he can make an Igbo President too – Cubana Chief Priest

    Tinubu made Buhari, he can make an Igbo President too – Cubana Chief Priest

    100 US troops arrive in Nigeria for counterterrorism support

    US to withdraw all troops from Syria

    Police deploy personnel ahead of FCT council elections

    Police deploy personnel ahead of FCT council elections

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Gabon suspends social media amid 'fake news', rising unrest

    Gabon suspends social media amid ‘fake news’, rising unrest

    February 19, 2026
    Canada flags Nigeria, 16 African countries as high-risk in new travel advisory

    Canada updates express entry for foreign professionals

    February 19, 2026
    Yoon: South Korea’s ex-president indicted for abuse of power

    Yoon: Ex-South Korea leader bags life sentence over insurrection

    February 19, 2026
    Bolt has revealed that Isaac Satlat, the Nigerian student murdered by suspected carjackers in Pretoria, South Africa, was an illegal driver.

    Bolt reveals slain S’Africa-based Nigerian student worked illegally

    February 19, 2026
    Tinubu made Buhari, he can make an Igbo President too – Cubana Chief Priest

    Tinubu made Buhari, he can make an Igbo President too – Cubana Chief Priest

    February 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.