Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    The Lagos State Internal Revenue Service has declared that it will use third-party agents to collect unpaid taxes from defaulting taxpayers, including banks, employers, debtors, tenants, and business partners.

    Lagos implements 5% withholding tax on gaming winnings

    February 20, 2026
    Oba Kehinde Falodun, the monarch of the Agamọ Community in the Akure North Local Government Area of Ondo State, was reportedly slain by suspected Terrorists.

    Terrorists kidnap three in fresh attack on Plateau community

    February 20, 2026
    President Bola Tinubu has expressed sadness over the demise of the Chief of Naval Operations of the Nigerian Navy, Rear Admiral Musa Katagum, who passed away on Thursday after a protracted illness.

    Tinubu mourns death of naval chief Katagum

    February 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Lagos implements 5% withholding tax on gaming winnings
    • Terrorists kidnap three in fresh attack on Plateau community
    • Tinubu mourns death of naval chief Katagum
    • N738m fraud case: Judge rebukes Maina over delays
    • Police arrest Buhari’s ex-aide Obono-Obla over alleged certificate forgery 
    • Tinubu urges orderly conduct as Rivers, Kano, FCT vote Saturday
    • Lakurawa terrorists kill 33 in Kebbi’s attack
    • Plateau inaugurates panel to probe VIO misconduct
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Saturday, February 21
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Police declare Burna Boy ‘wanted’ for attack of Mr 2kay

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorNovember 21, 2017No Comments5 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Burna Boy says Nigeria is collateral damage
    Nigerian music star Burna Boy
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Burna Boy
    Burna Boy

    Three of the four suspects arrested by the Lagos State Police Command for allegedly robbing an artiste, Abiye Jumbo, aka Mr. 2Kay, have owned up to the crime.

    The suspects confessed that they carried out the operation on the orders of Mr. 2Kay’s colleague, Damini Ogulu, aka Burna Boy.



    The suspects are Balogun Ademola, Obina Igwe, Tunmise Omotore and Joel Kantiok, who claimed to be Burna Boy’s road manager.

    This is just as the command asked Burna Boy to turn himself in, saying efforts to arrest him had proved abortive.

    It had been reported that Mr. 2Kay was attacked by a gang on October 22, 2017 in his room at the Eko Hotel and Suites on Victoria Island after performing in the 2face’s ‘Buckwyld N Breathless’ concert held in the facility.

    The assailants had disguised as room service officials to gain entry into the singer’s room.

    They were reported to have beaten him up and dispossessed him of a wristwatch, gold jewellery, phones, among other valuables estimated at millions of naira, at gunpoint.

    They were said to have tied him up and fled with their loot.

    Read Also West Brom sack Tony Pulis after Chelsea defeat

    The state Acting Commissioner of Police, Edgal Imohimi, who paraded the suspects at the command headquarters in Ikeja on Monday, said the police tracked down the suspects through footage of Closed Circuit Television cameras installed in the hotel.

    Imohimi, who gave a blow-by-blow account of the attack, said Burna Boy paid the gang a sum of N100,000 “to teach Mr. 2Kay a lesson.”

    He said, “At about 2am, someone knocked on the door of Mr. 2Kay’s room and introduced himself as a room service official from the reception. Mr. 2Kay opened the door and four men entered with a gun. They robbed him of his Audemars Piguet, an automatic gold wristwatch valued at $25,000; gold jewellery valued at N1.5m; an iPhone 7 valued at N380,000, a Samsung Galaxy S7 valued at N240,000, Samsung Galaxy S5 worth N110,000; Addidas shoes valued at N75,000; three bottles of perfume worth N180,000 and a cash sum of N45,000.

    “The gang then tied him and his girlfriend up before leaving the room. During investigations, the girlfriend of one of the gang members, Nimota Mutajero, was arrested. Her confession led to the arrest of three suspects. They confessed that one Damini Ogulu aka Burna Boy, an artiste, through his road manager, one Joel Kantiock, contacted and paid them to rob Mr. 2Kay to teach him a lesson.

    “Kantiock was subsequently picked up in his hideout at Zaria, Kaduna State.

    “He confessed that his boss, Burna Boy, instructed him to look for armed men that could rob Mr. 2Kay. Burna Boy mobilised the gang with an initial cash sum of N50,000 and a subsequent sum of N50,000 when the job had been completed.

    “I advise Ogulu aka Burna Boy, to report himself at the nearest police station since efforts to locate him at his residence at 7 Cheview Estate, Lekki, or any known hangouts, have proved abortive.”

    In an interview with our correspondent, the paraded suspects, except Kantiock, confessed to participating in the attack.

    Kantiock denied that Burna Boy directed him to arrange for the gang to attack Mr. 2Kay, adding that he was not aware of any disagreement between the artistes.

    But the gang leader, Omotore, 27, who hails from Ondo State, said Kantiock invited him to deal with Mr. 2Kay on the orders of his boss.

    He said, “On that day, I was at home when Joel (Kantiock) called me on the telephone and said Mr. 2Kay had to be beaten up. He said Mr. 2Kay had issues with Burna Boy. On getting to the hotel, he gave me the room number where Mr. 2Kay was. He led me and three others, including one Sunny, to the elevator and told a security man to open the elevator for us.

    “We posed as room service officials, entered his room and beat him up. We tied him up and collected his phones, a wristwatch and some other things. I was paid N50,000.”

    Igwe, 20, from Anambra State, denied carting away the victim’s valuables.

    “My friend, Tunmise (Omotore), contacted me on the telephone. He said Burna Boy told his road manager that he was having a misunderstanding with Mr. 2Kay. I am also a fan of Burna Boy, so I decided to volunteer myself. Tunmise came to pick me at Bariga and we went to the hotel,” he added.

    The command also paraded suspected killers of a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress, Emmanuel Uba, who was murdered in the FESTAC area of the state on July 21, 2017.

    The police boss, Imohimi, said the case was transferred to the Inspector-General of Police Intelligence Response Team, which tracked down the suspects.

    He added, “Luck ran out on the principal suspect, one Fatai Onifade aka Apase. A beretta pistol, one pump-action gun and two rounds of live ammunition, were recovered from the suspect.

    “He confessed to the crime and led detectives to arrest three of his gang members – Michael Fashola, Mufutau Tokosi aka TK and Abidemi Adeleye, aka Baido. The suspects will be charged to court at the completion of investigation.”

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    The Lagos State Internal Revenue Service has declared that it will use third-party agents to collect unpaid taxes from defaulting taxpayers, including banks, employers, debtors, tenants, and business partners.

    Lagos implements 5% withholding tax on gaming winnings

    Oba Kehinde Falodun, the monarch of the Agamọ Community in the Akure North Local Government Area of Ondo State, was reportedly slain by suspected Terrorists.

    Terrorists kidnap three in fresh attack on Plateau community

    President Bola Tinubu has expressed sadness over the demise of the Chief of Naval Operations of the Nigerian Navy, Rear Admiral Musa Katagum, who passed away on Thursday after a protracted illness.

    Tinubu mourns death of naval chief Katagum

    N738m fraud case: Judge rebukes Maina over delays

    N738m fraud case: Judge rebukes Maina over delays

    Police arrest Buhari's ex-aide Obono-Obla over alleged certificate forgery 

    Police arrest Buhari’s ex-aide Obono-Obla over alleged certificate forgery 

    Emergency rule: Court to decide if Tinubu can remove elected officials March 9

    Tinubu urges orderly conduct as Rivers, Kano, FCT vote Saturday

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    The Lagos State Internal Revenue Service has declared that it will use third-party agents to collect unpaid taxes from defaulting taxpayers, including banks, employers, debtors, tenants, and business partners.

    Lagos implements 5% withholding tax on gaming winnings

    February 20, 2026
    Oba Kehinde Falodun, the monarch of the Agamọ Community in the Akure North Local Government Area of Ondo State, was reportedly slain by suspected Terrorists.

    Terrorists kidnap three in fresh attack on Plateau community

    February 20, 2026
    President Bola Tinubu has expressed sadness over the demise of the Chief of Naval Operations of the Nigerian Navy, Rear Admiral Musa Katagum, who passed away on Thursday after a protracted illness.

    Tinubu mourns death of naval chief Katagum

    February 20, 2026
    N738m fraud case: Judge rebukes Maina over delays

    N738m fraud case: Judge rebukes Maina over delays

    February 20, 2026
    Police arrest Buhari's ex-aide Obono-Obla over alleged certificate forgery 

    Police arrest Buhari’s ex-aide Obono-Obla over alleged certificate forgery 

    February 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.