Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Troops intercept N37m, terrorists’ supplies in Borno

    Troops intercept N37m, terrorists’ supplies in Borno

    February 17, 2026
    Presidency links El-Rufai’s thallium sulphate claim to N432bn Kaduna corruption probe

    El-Rufai in EFCC custody over N423bn Kaduna probe

    February 17, 2026
    ‘Godfather’ actor Robert Duvall dies at 95

    ‘Godfather’ actor Robert Duvall dies at 95

    February 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Troops intercept N37m, terrorists’ supplies in Borno
    • El-Rufai in EFCC custody over N423bn Kaduna probe
    • ‘Godfather’ actor Robert Duvall dies at 95
    • Social network X restored after global outage
    • Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others
    • US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links
    • Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack
    • Tinubu lauds Adamawa gov for infrastructure projects
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Tuesday, February 17
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Plateau police not investigating VeryDarkMan’s missing N180m

    Vincent OsuwoBy Vincent OsuwoDecember 28, 2024No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    VeryDarkMan (VDM): Allow EFCC do its job without fear or favour - Commission
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The Plateau State Police Command has denied any involvement in the investigation into the alleged hacking of VeryDarkMan’s NGO, Martins Vincent Otse Initiative, which resulted in the theft of N180 million. 

    According to DSP Alabo Alfred, Plateau State’s Police Public Relations Officer, the incident was not reported to the command, and the crime did not occur within their jurisdiction.

    VeryDarkMan previously stated that hackers stole N180 million from his NGO’s account, saying that the offenders had been identified and one suspect detained.

    He also mentioned that he was going to Jos to reclaim the stolen monies.

    However, Alfred added that VeryDarkMan’s statement about travelling to Jos did not mean that the Plateau State Police Command was handling the matter.

    “The matter is not reported to us. We are not the ones handling the matter because the crime was not committed within our jurisdiction. If he said he is coming to Jos, that does not mean that we are the ones handling the case.

    “The crime happened in Abuja. So, he is not coming to Jos to report an incident that did not happen within our jurisdiction. If he reported the case at the Force CID level, it is the Force PRO who can speak about it.

    “If he reported the case at the FCT Command level, it would be a different thing. Of course, the Force PPRO can talk about it as well. If he can get police officers from where he reported the case, they can all come together to Jos and do their investigation.

    “After that, they can report back to where they came from and continue from there. But we can’t talk on a matter that did not happen within our jurisdiction”, the PPRO said.

    The Martins Vincent Otse Initiative was launched in October, with the aim of addressing Nigeria’s educational challenges.

    The NGO had received significant donations, including N100 million from prominent music producer Don Jazzy.

    The alleged hacking incident has raised concerns about the security of NGOs’ financial systems and the need for increased vigilance in protecting against cyber threats.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Troops intercept N37m, terrorists’ supplies in Borno

    Troops intercept N37m, terrorists’ supplies in Borno

    Presidency links El-Rufai’s thallium sulphate claim to N432bn Kaduna corruption probe

    El-Rufai in EFCC custody over N423bn Kaduna probe

    Social network X restored global outage

    Social network X restored after global outage

    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack

    Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Troops intercept N37m, terrorists’ supplies in Borno

    Troops intercept N37m, terrorists’ supplies in Borno

    February 17, 2026
    Presidency links El-Rufai’s thallium sulphate claim to N432bn Kaduna corruption probe

    El-Rufai in EFCC custody over N423bn Kaduna probe

    February 17, 2026
    ‘Godfather’ actor Robert Duvall dies at 95

    ‘Godfather’ actor Robert Duvall dies at 95

    February 17, 2026
    Social network X restored global outage

    Social network X restored after global outage

    February 16, 2026
    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.