Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Social network X restored global outage

    Social network X restored after global outage

    February 16, 2026
    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    February 16, 2026
    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Social network X restored after global outage
    • Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others
    • US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links
    • Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack
    • Tinubu lauds Adamawa gov for infrastructure projects
    • APC apologies for listing late army general, serving justice as stakeholders
    • Natasha in fresh clash at senate committee chairman’s office
    • Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break fast
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Tuesday, February 17
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Paystack cites ‘reputational damage’ as reason for sacking cofounder Ezra Olubi

    Opalim LiftedBy Opalim LiftedNovember 25, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Paystack cites ‘reputational damage’ as reason for sacking cofounder Ezra Olubi
    Ezra Olubi
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Paystack says it terminated the employment of Ezra Olubi, its co-founder, due to the “significant negative reputational damage” caused by resurfaced tweets.

    According to a TechCabal report, the fintech company said the action was taken independently of the ongoing investigation into allegations of workplace misconduct.

    In a statement to the publication, Paystack explained that it acted within its contractual rights and “followed due process,” adding that all financial entitlements due to Olubi had been settled.

    “As a regulated company operating in multiple markets, we have a responsibility to act quickly when conduct has the potential to undermine trust,” the company said.

    “After reviewing the situation, we exercised our right under his contract and followed due process to end his employment.

    “This has no bearing on, and is separate from, the independent investigation into the allegations of workplace misconduct, which remains ongoing.

    “The review is being led by Aluko & Oyebode, the external law firm appointed by the board. It is continuing independently, and we will share updates once it is complete.”

    • Ezra Olubi cries over ‘unfair’ sack by Paystack

    Paystack did not respond to enquiry, Cable NG reports.

    Earlier in a blog post, Olubi said he had been sacked by the company, claiming that the dismissal decision was “taken before the supposed investigation was concluded, and without any meeting, hearing, or opportunity for me to respond to the issues raised, in clear contravention of the terms of the suspension and Paystack’s own internal policies.”

    He argued that his silence created “a vacuum that allowed assumptions and misrepresentations to spread without challenge,” insisting that the resurfaced posts do not reflect his conduct or values.

    Olubi also said he would take legal action to review the process that led to the termination of his employment contract.

    On November 12, Olubi’s resurfaced tweets — including posts about wanting to photograph a coworker’s thighs and remarks referencing minors, bestiality, and sexualised anime characters from 2009–2013 — trended on X.

    The incident led him to deactivate his account the following day.

    Afterward, Paystack suspended the co-founder on November 14 and launched a formal investigation into the alleged sexual misconduct.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Social network X restored global outage

    Social network X restored after global outage

    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack

    Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack

    Emergency rule: Court to decide if Tinubu can remove elected officials March 9

    Tinubu lauds Adamawa gov for infrastructure projects

    APC apologies for listing late army general, serving justice as stakeholders

    APC apologies for listing late army general, serving justice as stakeholders

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Social network X restored global outage

    Social network X restored after global outage

    February 16, 2026
    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    February 16, 2026
    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    February 16, 2026
    Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack

    Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack

    February 16, 2026
    Emergency rule: Court to decide if Tinubu can remove elected officials March 9

    Tinubu lauds Adamawa gov for infrastructure projects

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.