Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    APC demands NASS takeover of Rivers Assembly

    Rivers assembly stops impeachment proceedings against Fubara

    February 19, 2026
    EFCC accuses banks, fintechs of enabling N18.7bn fraud

    EFCC secures interim attachment order on nine mineral-laden trucks in Kwara

    February 19, 2026
    Providus-Unity bank merger stalls over N4.8bn insider loans

    Unity Bank says merger with Providus firmly on track

    February 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Rivers assembly stops impeachment proceedings against Fubara
    • EFCC secures interim attachment order on nine mineral-laden trucks in Kwara
    • Unity Bank says merger with Providus firmly on track
    • Nigeria digital trade platform for air, sea cargoes to launch March 2026
    • Ondo monarch killed by terrorists
    • Gabon suspends social media amid ‘fake news’, rising unrest
    • Canada updates express entry for foreign professionals
    • Yoon: Ex-South Korea leader bags life sentence over insurrection
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Thursday, February 19
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    BREAKING: Osinbajo now in charge, says Buhari

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorMarch 6, 2022No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    President Muhammadu Buhari will depart for Saudi Arabia on Monday Daura
    President Muhammadu Buhari
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    President Muhammadu Buhari on Sunday said his deputy, Vice President Yemi Osinbajo is now in charge of the country.

    President Buhari stated this before he departed Abuja for London, United Kingdom on a routine medical check-up.

    The president had initially truncated his plan to travel to London from Nairobi, Kenya after attending the United Nations Environmental Programme (UNEP) at 50.

    He returned to Nigeria on Friday but has now left for London. On March 1, his spokesman, Femi Adesina, said President Buhari would from Kenya proceed to London for ”routine medical checks that will last for a maximum of two weeks.”

    President Muhammadu Buhari and Vice President Yemi Osinbajo
    President Muhammadu Buhari and Vice President Yemi Osinbajo

    According to Adesina’s statement, Buhari is due to return to Abuja in two weeks.

    Speaking before boarding his plane, Buhari told journalists at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja, that Vice President Yemi Osinbajo is in charge constitutionally when he was out of the country.

    • Fuel Scarcity: Probe spending on refineries or face legal action, SERAP tells Buhari

    The President said his absence would not affect state function as he was aware of every development taking place in his absence.

    Asked about how the country would function in his absence, he said: “Well, I cannot claim to be doing the work alone. The government is fully represented. The Vice President is there.

    “Constitutionally, when I’m away, he’s in charge. Then, we have the Secretary to the Government of the Federation and then the Chief of Staff, so, there’s no problem.”

    On the anxiety over the March 26 convention of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), he doused tension and said the party had the capacity to organise the scheduled programme.

    On what he would tell Nigerians who had expressed doubts regarding the ability of APC to conduct his national convention successfully, he said: “Well, they should wait and see. How did we come as a party to take power from the ruling party which had been there before us for so many years? So, we have the capacity. Everything will be alright,” he said.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    APC demands NASS takeover of Rivers Assembly

    Rivers assembly stops impeachment proceedings against Fubara

    EFCC accuses banks, fintechs of enabling N18.7bn fraud

    EFCC secures interim attachment order on nine mineral-laden trucks in Kwara

    Providus-Unity bank merger stalls over N4.8bn insider loans

    Unity Bank says merger with Providus firmly on track

    Nigeria digital trade platform for air, sea cargoes to launch March 2026

    Nigeria digital trade platform for air, sea cargoes to launch March 2026

    Oba Kehinde Falodun, the monarch of the Agamọ Community in the Akure North Local Government Area of Ondo State, was reportedly slain by suspected bandits.

    Ondo monarch killed by terrorists

    Canada flags Nigeria, 16 African countries as high-risk in new travel advisory

    Canada updates express entry for foreign professionals

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    APC demands NASS takeover of Rivers Assembly

    Rivers assembly stops impeachment proceedings against Fubara

    February 19, 2026
    EFCC accuses banks, fintechs of enabling N18.7bn fraud

    EFCC secures interim attachment order on nine mineral-laden trucks in Kwara

    February 19, 2026
    Providus-Unity bank merger stalls over N4.8bn insider loans

    Unity Bank says merger with Providus firmly on track

    February 19, 2026
    Nigeria digital trade platform for air, sea cargoes to launch March 2026

    Nigeria digital trade platform for air, sea cargoes to launch March 2026

    February 19, 2026
    Oba Kehinde Falodun, the monarch of the Agamọ Community in the Akure North Local Government Area of Ondo State, was reportedly slain by suspected bandits.

    Ondo monarch killed by terrorists

    February 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.