Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break

    Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break fast

    February 16, 2026
    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    FG files charges against El-Rufai for intercepting Ribadu’s phone

    February 16, 2026
    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break fast
    • FG files charges against El-Rufai for intercepting Ribadu’s phone
    • US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links
    • Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution
    • BREAKING: DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation
    • Nigerians ‘paying for darkness’, Ajaero slams power sector reform as failure
    • US embassy, consulate in Nigeria observe Presidents’ Day
    • National Assembly moves to shift 2027 presidential poll to Feb13
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Monday, February 16
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Oando holds shareholder meeting after SEC green light

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorSeptember 12, 2017No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Adewale Tinubu secretly sold O&O Network Airtel shares to Delta Ministry of Finance Incorporated and Delta State Government Photo: Wale Tinubu (Twitter)
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp
    Adewale Tinubu says SEC has given Oano green light to proceed
    Photo: Wale Tinubu (Twitter)

    Nigeria’s Oando Plc held its annual shareholder meeting on Monday after regulators gave it the green light despite an ongoing dispute over its ownership structure, sending shares in the energy company higher.

    The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) said in July it was investigating Oando’s shareholding structure following its $1.65 billion acquisition of ConocoPhillips’s Nigerian business in 2014.

    A company source said the dispute centred on the ownership of some Oando shares bought through an investment vehicle at the time of the ConocoPhillips deal.

    Oando Chief Executive Adewale Tinubu told shareholders the SEC had allowed the meeting to proceed as the company had disclosed the relevant information to the regulator.

    “Not every single allegation is true,” he told shareholders.

    Shares in Oando, which are also listed in Johannesburg and Toronto, rose 3.7 percent in Lagos to 6.75 naira, taking gains so far this year to 39 per cent.

    READ: Sacking FBI director was Trump’s worse mistake – Bannon

    Oando said in July it was aware the SEC had received petitions from some investors in relations to its shareholding structure but that the claims were untrue.

    Tinubu told the meeting that management was committed to protecting the interests of all shareholders.

    The company passed resolutions retaining its auditor Ernst & Young and adopting its 2016 accounts, an Oando spokesman said.

    Oando bought ConocoPhillips’s Nigerian business in a bid to add oil exploration and production to its petroleum products retailing businesses. But high financing costs coupled with lower oil prices hit profits, analysts say.

    Tinubu said the company had been aware of the uncertainty in 2014 but it had a detailed restructuring plan which has helped the company reduce its debt by over 40 percent to $600 million.

    “Oil prices has since recovered, our production has gone up and our big challenge which we have always had, which has been the Niger Delta militants … is certainly on the decline.”

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    FG files charges against El-Rufai for intercepting Ribadu’s phone

    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution

    Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution

    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    BREAKING: DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    Ajaero slams Nigeria power privatisation as failure

    Nigerians ‘paying for darkness’, Ajaero slams power sector reform as failure

    US Embassy, consulate in Nigeria observe Presidents’ Day

    US embassy, consulate in Nigeria observe Presidents’ Day

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break

    Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break fast

    February 16, 2026
    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    FG files charges against El-Rufai for intercepting Ribadu’s phone

    February 16, 2026
    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    February 16, 2026
    Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution

    Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution

    February 16, 2026
    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    BREAKING: DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.