Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break

    Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break fast

    February 16, 2026
    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    FG files charges against El-Rufai for intercepting Ribadu’s phone

    February 16, 2026
    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break fast
    • FG files charges against El-Rufai for intercepting Ribadu’s phone
    • US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links
    • Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution
    • BREAKING: DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation
    • Nigerians ‘paying for darkness’, Ajaero slams power sector reform as failure
    • US embassy, consulate in Nigeria observe Presidents’ Day
    • National Assembly moves to shift 2027 presidential poll to Feb13
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Monday, February 16
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    NNPC replies Kachikwu, says his statements are baseless

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorOctober 9, 2017No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    NNPC Group Chairman, Maikanti Baru
    NNPC Group Chairman, Maikanti Baru
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp
    Group Managing Director of NNPC, Dr. Maikanti Baru was accused of awarding contracts without due process

    Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) has stated that allegations by the oil minister that the conduct of its group managing director lacked transparency were baseless.

    The state oil company that has been dogged by allegations of mismanagement for decades wrote a statement on its website on Monday.

    The OPEC member country, Africa’s biggest economy, relies on oil for around two thirds of government revenue.

    READ: I’m not running for 2019 Presidency – Osinbajo

    Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu, in a letter to the president dated August 30 and confirmed by the oil ministry, said Maikanti Baru had bypassed the board on key decisions, including the allocation of contracts, and did not follow due process.

    BREAKING: @NNPCgroup responds to allegations of lack of adherence to due process in contract awards https://t.co/3rd9J5zQ8f pic.twitter.com/CpuYLssMS3

    — NNPC Group (@NNPCgroup) October 9, 2017

    The minister also said Baru’s recent appointments should be suspended pending a review. Nigerian lawmakers last week passed a motion to investigate the allegations.

    Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu, Minister of State for Petroleum reported NNPC GMD, Maikanti Baru, to President Buhari

    “The allegations were baseless and due process has been followed in the various activities,” NNPC said in an emailed statement.

    “It is important to note from the outset that the law and the rules do not require a review or discussion with the minister of state or the NNPC board on contractual matters,” the state oil company said.

    NNPC, on its Twitter feed, said: “Following publication of alleged lack of due process in the award of contracts, Pres. @MBuhari ordered GMD @NNPCgroup @DrMKBaru to respond.”

    Kachikwu met with President Muhammadu Buhari on Friday after the letter was leaked last week.

    It was the first time they had held private talks since Buhari returned to Nigeria on August 19 from three months of medical leave in Britain.

    Kachikwu is the minister of state for petroleum. Buhari kept the portfolio of petroleum minister for himself.

    Read NNPC‘s full statement here.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    FG files charges against El-Rufai for intercepting Ribadu’s phone

    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution

    Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution

    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    BREAKING: DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    Ajaero slams Nigeria power privatisation as failure

    Nigerians ‘paying for darkness’, Ajaero slams power sector reform as failure

    US Embassy, consulate in Nigeria observe Presidents’ Day

    US embassy, consulate in Nigeria observe Presidents’ Day

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break

    Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break fast

    February 16, 2026
    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    FG files charges against El-Rufai for intercepting Ribadu’s phone

    February 16, 2026
    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    February 16, 2026
    Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution

    Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution

    February 16, 2026
    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    BREAKING: DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.