Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Bandits attack customs facility, kill officer in Kebbi

    Bandits abduct traditional ruler in Kwara

    November 29, 2025
    Why Nigeria can’t defeat Boko Haram with guns alone – Bishop Kukah

    Kukah denies Christian genocide in Nigeria

    November 29, 2025
    Takumi Minamino (right) joined Monaco from Liverpool in June 2022

    10-man Monaco stun PSG as Minamino scores winner

    November 29, 2025
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Bandits abduct traditional ruler in Kwara
    • Kukah denies Christian genocide in Nigeria
    • 10-man Monaco stun PSG as Minamino scores winner
    • Resident doctors suspend indefinite strike
    • Bayern Munich trash St Pauli 3-1 after Arsenal defeat
    • Barcelona get dominant 3-1 win against Alaves
    • Foden scores late winner as Man City beat Leeds
    • BREAKING: Tinubu names Reno Omokri, Fani-Kayode, Mahmoud Yakubu, 29 others as ambassadors
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Sunday, November 30
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    NNPC blames oil thieves for Abia pipeline fire

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorOctober 19, 2018No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    NNPC Group Chairman, Maikanti Baru
    NNPC Group Chairman, Maikanti Baru
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp
    NNPC Group Chairman, Maikanti Baru says oil thieves cause of pipeline fire in Umuaduru and Umuimo communities in Abia
    NNPC Group Chairman, Maikanti Baru says oil thieves cause of pipeline fire in Umuaduru and Umuimo communities in Abia

    The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) says the fire incident that happened on System 2E pipeline network  in Umuaduru and Umuimo communities in Abia state was caused by suspected oil thieves.

    The Corporation disclosed this in a statement signed by its spokesman, Mr Ndu Ughamadu, in Abuja, on Friday.

    He said that the allegation that negligence on the part of the corporation  caused the  fire incident Friday last week, was false.

    He affirmed that the incident was triggered off by suspected oil thieves who had hacked into System 2E pipeline network  with a view to intercepting the flow of petrol from Port Harcourt to Aba.

    Ughamadu said the clarification became necessary in view of the recent statement by a legislator indicting NNPC on the fire outbreak which had claimed lives and valuable properties.

    READ: Buhari vows to support N1.5bn PENGASSAN project

    The NNPC spokesperson explained that the presence of items such as jerrycans, among others, at the scene of the incident as contained in the preliminary report on the matter indicated that the activities of vandals in the area ignited the flame.

    He regretted that incessant vandalism of pipeline facilities along System 2Ex Pipeline Right of Way (PROW) has led to the underutilisation of the Enugu Depot, saying that the breaches have prevented the corporation from pumping fuel into it.

    He called on relevant government agencies to collaborate with the corporation to appropriately criminalise vandalism of oil facilities across the country, adding that host communities should also partner the NNPC to tame the scourge.

    Ughamadu prayed that God reposes the souls of the innocent ones that perished in the incident and  warned members of the public against tempering with oil facilities which he described as inflammable.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Bandits attack customs facility, kill officer in Kebbi

    Bandits abduct traditional ruler in Kwara

    Why Nigeria can’t defeat Boko Haram with guns alone – Bishop Kukah

    Kukah denies Christian genocide in Nigeria

    Resident doctors to get N11.99bn as FG moves to end strike

    Resident doctors suspend indefinite strike

    BREAKING: Tinubu names Reno Omokri, Fani-Kayode, Mahmoud Yakubu, 29 others as ambassadors

    BREAKING: Tinubu names Reno Omokri, Fani-Kayode, Mahmoud Yakubu, 29 others as ambassadors

    DSS invites Datti Baba-Ahmed over alleged inciting public comments

    DSS invites Datti Baba-Ahmed over alleged inciting public comments

    Minister for Justice and Attorney-General Abubakar Malami EFCC assets

    Malami released after EFCC grilling

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Bandits attack customs facility, kill officer in Kebbi

    Bandits abduct traditional ruler in Kwara

    November 29, 2025
    Why Nigeria can’t defeat Boko Haram with guns alone – Bishop Kukah

    Kukah denies Christian genocide in Nigeria

    November 29, 2025
    Takumi Minamino (right) joined Monaco from Liverpool in June 2022

    10-man Monaco stun PSG as Minamino scores winner

    November 29, 2025
    Resident doctors to get N11.99bn as FG moves to end strike

    Resident doctors suspend indefinite strike

    November 29, 2025
    Bayern Munich trash St Pauli 3-1 after Arsenal defeat

    Bayern Munich trash St Pauli 3-1 after Arsenal defeat

    November 29, 2025
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2025 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.