Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) discovered a warehouse in Lagos State containing prohibited, fraudulent, and unregistered cosmetic products worth over ₦3 billion.

    NAFDAC confiscates banned, fake cosmetics worth N3bn in Lagos

    February 22, 2026
    Mac Allister frantic finish seals Liverpool win over Nottingham 

    Mac Allister frantic finish seals Liverpool win over Nottingham 

    February 22, 2026
    US deports 79 Nigerians on criminal list

    US Secret Service kills man trying to enter Trump’s estate

    February 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • NAFDAC confiscates banned, fake cosmetics worth N3bn in Lagos
    • Mac Allister frantic finish seals Liverpool win over Nottingham 
    • US Secret Service kills man trying to enter Trump’s estate
    • SERAP gives Tinubu seven days to scrap phone‑tapping law
    • Ronaldo pledges loyalty to Al-Nassr
    • APC wins Kuje chairmanship election
    • Tinubu congratulates winners of FCT, Kano, Rivers elections
    • Lagos: Nigerians reject 5% withholding tax on bet winnings
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Sunday, February 22
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Nigeria’s friendly against Burkina Faso called off

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorMarch 25, 2017No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    The eagles friendly against Burkina Faso will not hold
    The eagles friendly against Burkina Faso will not hold
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The eagles friendly against Burkina Faso will not hold
    The eagles friendly against Burkina Faso will not hold

    The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) on Saturday said Super Eagles’ second international friendly, against Burkina Faso in London on Monday, has been called off over UK entry visa hitches.

    Ademola Olajire, NFF’s Director of Media and Communications, said in a statement that the development was after seven players in the Burkinabe contingent failed to secure visas into the UK.

    He said the other players in the Burkinabe contingent were however able to enter the UK, but it was not enough for the match not to be called off.

    Olajire quoted Chris Green, Chairman of the NFF Technical and Development Committee, as expressing the Federation’s regrets about the development.

    “The second friendly match we had scheduled for the Super Eagles as part of preparations for the remaining matches of the 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifying series and the beginning of the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations qualification race will no longer take place on Monday.

    “The match in question is called off due to no fault of either the organisers or the NFF, but is regrettable,’’ he was quoted as saying.

    Green was however also quoted as saying the NFF would announce further plans for the Super Eagles’ preparation for the two qualifying campaigns in due course.

    Olajire had, in the statement, explained that there was no British High Commission in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso’s capital.

    “Officials of the Federation Burkinabe de Football (FBF) had been shuttling between Accra in Ghana and Ouagadougou for visa processing.

    “FBF sources said the Embassy in Accra told them last week to proceed to Morocco (where the Etalons played against the Atlas Lions on Friday) and that the visas would be issued there.

    “However, the applications were still pending at the British Embassy in Morocco as at close of work on Friday, the last working day before Monday, the match day in London.

    “FBF on Friday by 7 p.m. UK time called the match organisers to say some of their players and officials were unable to secure entry visas into the UK and therefore would not be able to honour the match.’’

    The NFF spokesman said the Federation’s President, Amaju Pinnick, was unhappy with the development.

    “But Pinnick stated that the objectives of satisfying the technical team’s desire of squaring up against tough, physical African opposition and fostering team bonding and organisation were achieved.’’

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) discovered a warehouse in Lagos State containing prohibited, fraudulent, and unregistered cosmetic products worth over ₦3 billion.

    NAFDAC confiscates banned, fake cosmetics worth N3bn in Lagos

    Mac Allister frantic finish seals Liverpool win over Nottingham 

    Mac Allister frantic finish seals Liverpool win over Nottingham 

    US deports 79 Nigerians on criminal list

    US Secret Service kills man trying to enter Trump’s estate

    SERAP gives Tinubu seven days to scrap phone‑tapping law

    SERAP gives Tinubu seven days to scrap phone‑tapping law

    Cristiano Ronaldo is expected to earn about $275 million following his contract extension with Al Nassr

    Ronaldo pledges loyalty to Al-Nassr

    APC sweeps Ahoada East bye-election as INEC returns Ukalikpe elected

    APC wins Kuje chairmanship election

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) discovered a warehouse in Lagos State containing prohibited, fraudulent, and unregistered cosmetic products worth over ₦3 billion.

    NAFDAC confiscates banned, fake cosmetics worth N3bn in Lagos

    February 22, 2026
    Mac Allister frantic finish seals Liverpool win over Nottingham 

    Mac Allister frantic finish seals Liverpool win over Nottingham 

    February 22, 2026
    US deports 79 Nigerians on criminal list

    US Secret Service kills man trying to enter Trump’s estate

    February 22, 2026
    SERAP gives Tinubu seven days to scrap phone‑tapping law

    SERAP gives Tinubu seven days to scrap phone‑tapping law

    February 22, 2026
    Cristiano Ronaldo is expected to earn about $275 million following his contract extension with Al Nassr

    Ronaldo pledges loyalty to Al-Nassr

    February 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.