Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Bandits attack customs facility, kill officer in Kebbi

    Bandits abduct traditional ruler in Kwara

    November 29, 2025
    Why Nigeria can’t defeat Boko Haram with guns alone – Bishop Kukah

    Kukah denies Christian genocide in Nigeria

    November 29, 2025
    Takumi Minamino (right) joined Monaco from Liverpool in June 2022

    10-man Monaco stun PSG as Minamino scores winner

    November 29, 2025
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Bandits abduct traditional ruler in Kwara
    • Kukah denies Christian genocide in Nigeria
    • 10-man Monaco stun PSG as Minamino scores winner
    • Resident doctors suspend indefinite strike
    • Bayern Munich trash St Pauli 3-1 after Arsenal defeat
    • Barcelona get dominant 3-1 win against Alaves
    • Foden scores late winner as Man City beat Leeds
    • BREAKING: Tinubu names Reno Omokri, Fani-Kayode, Mahmoud Yakubu, 29 others as ambassadors
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Sunday, November 30
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Nigerian Okechukwu Henry stabbed to death in SA

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorMay 4, 2019No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    NICASA condemns killing of Nigerian citizens in South Africa
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp
    Okechukwu Henry is the third Nigerian reported to have been killed in South Africa this week
    Okechukwu Henry is the third Nigerian reported to have been killed in South Africa this week

    President Nigerian Citizens Association South Africa (NICASA), Ben Okoli, says a Nigerian, Mr Okechukwu Henry, from Imo State, was stabbed to death by unknown South African robbers.

    The NICASA president said this in a letter to the Consul-General, Nigerian Consulate Johannesburg, South Africa.

    A copy of the letter was obtained by the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Saturday in Abuja.

    Okoli said that the association was tired of sending Nigerians back home in body bags due to premeditated and organised crime against them in South Africa.

    “Tragedy has struck the Nigerian community again, just after 4p.m. on Friday, May 3.  Mr Okechukwu Henry was stabbed to death by unknown local South African robbers.

    “The late Henry,  a car dealer who specialised in used cars, lived in Middleburg Mpumalanga Province.

    “Prior his death, some two local guys had indicated interest to buy his car –  a white VW polo.”

    “They had negotiated the price and agreed to buy;  late Henry had produced all necessary documents to seal the deal when suddenly the local buyers said they wanted to test-drive the car first before paying,” he said.

    According to him, Henry obliged them but insisted he would drive along with them.”

    “As they drove out, he suddenly realised that they were robbers as they demanded for the key of the car.

    “They attacked him and stabbed him several times, they took the keys but could not manage to drive away the car.

    “Their action attracted the attention of people around and they ran away with the keys without the car,” he said.

    READ: Osinbajo tasks editors’ guild against fake news

    According to him, Henry was rushed to hospital, but it appeared he had died at the scene.He said that a case of robbery and murder had been opened by the NICASA Provincial chairman in Mpumalanga.

    “Your Excellency, the attack on Nigerians has reached an alarming level and demands something urgent to be done to stem this ugly tide.”

    “Our nationals are under attack in South Africa. We are under attack from every angle.He called on the Nigerian Mission to urgently intervene.

    “We no longer feel safe, we have become like a trophy hunted by all.

    “The Nigerian Citizens Association, South Africa, is disheartened by the frequent repatriation of the remains of our dear citizens,” he said.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Bandits attack customs facility, kill officer in Kebbi

    Bandits abduct traditional ruler in Kwara

    Why Nigeria can’t defeat Boko Haram with guns alone – Bishop Kukah

    Kukah denies Christian genocide in Nigeria

    Resident doctors to get N11.99bn as FG moves to end strike

    Resident doctors suspend indefinite strike

    BREAKING: Tinubu names Reno Omokri, Fani-Kayode, Mahmoud Yakubu, 29 others as ambassadors

    BREAKING: Tinubu names Reno Omokri, Fani-Kayode, Mahmoud Yakubu, 29 others as ambassadors

    DSS invites Datti Baba-Ahmed over alleged inciting public comments

    DSS invites Datti Baba-Ahmed over alleged inciting public comments

    Minister for Justice and Attorney-General Abubakar Malami EFCC assets

    Malami released after EFCC grilling

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Bandits attack customs facility, kill officer in Kebbi

    Bandits abduct traditional ruler in Kwara

    November 29, 2025
    Why Nigeria can’t defeat Boko Haram with guns alone – Bishop Kukah

    Kukah denies Christian genocide in Nigeria

    November 29, 2025
    Takumi Minamino (right) joined Monaco from Liverpool in June 2022

    10-man Monaco stun PSG as Minamino scores winner

    November 29, 2025
    Resident doctors to get N11.99bn as FG moves to end strike

    Resident doctors suspend indefinite strike

    November 29, 2025
    Bayern Munich trash St Pauli 3-1 after Arsenal defeat

    Bayern Munich trash St Pauli 3-1 after Arsenal defeat

    November 29, 2025
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2025 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.