Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    UK rolls out digital visit visas for Nigerians

    UK rolls out digital visit visas for Nigerians

    February 17, 2026
    Yusuf rejoins APC with lawmakers, LGA chairmen in Kano

    Yusuf reveals joining APC to secure Kano citizens’ interest

    February 17, 2026
    Canada flags Nigeria, 16 African countries as high-risk in new travel advisory

    Canada visa processing slows ahead 2026 FIFA World Cup

    February 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • UK rolls out digital visit visas for Nigerians
    • Yusuf reveals joining APC to secure Kano citizens’ interest
    • Canada visa processing slows ahead 2026 FIFA World Cup
    • Troops intercept N37m, terrorists’ supplies in Borno
    • El-Rufai in EFCC custody over N423bn Kaduna probe
    • ‘Godfather’ actor Robert Duvall dies at 95
    • Social network X restored after global outage
    • Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Tuesday, February 17
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    BREAKING: Nigeria slams travel ban on US, UK, 11 other countries over coronavirus fears

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorMarch 18, 2020No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    President Muhammadu Buhari urged to probe N16 trillion spent on power by previous administrations nddc persons with disabilities p&id restructuring traditional rulers african energy chamber's
    President Muhammadu Buhari of Nigeria
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The Federal Government of Nigeria has issued a travel ban on 13 countries in a bid to curb the spread of novel Covid-19 (coronavirus).

    The Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Boss Mustapha, made the announcement at a media briefing on Wednesday in Abuja, Nigeria’s capital.

    Mustapha, who was accompanied by the Minister of Health, Dr Osagie Ehinare, explained that the ban on the 13 countries became necessary because of their high-risk status in terms of the spread of coronavirus.

    He said the ban on the 13 countries would take effect from Saturday, March 21, 2020, adding that the Visa-on-Arrival policy had been temporarily suspended.

    He also advised all Nigerians with foreign travel plans to the banned countries to either cancel or suspend such plans.

    “This morning, we have found it necessary to brief Nigerians on further measures being taken after an assessment of the global situation. They are as follows:

    The affected countries are the United State of America, the United Kingdom, China, Japan and Iran.

    • Coronavirus: NYSC shuts down orientation camps nationwide

    Other countries affected are Switzerland, Norway, Netherlands, France, South Korea, Germany, Italy and Spain.

    The countries affected in the travel ban are those with over 1,000 cases domestically.

    Mustapha noted that, “All persons arriving in Nigeria who might have visited these countries, fifteen days prior to such arrival, will be subjected to supervised self-isolation and testing for 14 days.

    “The Federal Government is temporarily suspending the issuance of all visas on arrival. The Federal Government is also counseling all Nigerians to cancel or postpone all non-essential travels to these countries.

    He added that, “The Federal Government urges Public Health Authorities of countries with high burden to conduct diligent departure screening of passengers and also endorses this travel advisories to their nationals to postpone travels to Nigeria.

    “These restrictions will come into effect from Saturday, 21st March, 2020 for four (4) weeks subject to review”, he said.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    UK rolls out digital visit visas for Nigerians

    UK rolls out digital visit visas for Nigerians

    Yusuf rejoins APC with lawmakers, LGA chairmen in Kano

    Yusuf reveals joining APC to secure Kano citizens’ interest

    Canada flags Nigeria, 16 African countries as high-risk in new travel advisory

    Canada visa processing slows ahead 2026 FIFA World Cup

    Troops intercept N37m, terrorists’ supplies in Borno

    Troops intercept N37m, terrorists’ supplies in Borno

    Presidency links El-Rufai’s thallium sulphate claim to N432bn Kaduna corruption probe

    El-Rufai in EFCC custody over N423bn Kaduna probe

    Social network X restored global outage

    Social network X restored after global outage

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    UK rolls out digital visit visas for Nigerians

    UK rolls out digital visit visas for Nigerians

    February 17, 2026
    Yusuf rejoins APC with lawmakers, LGA chairmen in Kano

    Yusuf reveals joining APC to secure Kano citizens’ interest

    February 17, 2026
    Canada flags Nigeria, 16 African countries as high-risk in new travel advisory

    Canada visa processing slows ahead 2026 FIFA World Cup

    February 17, 2026
    Troops intercept N37m, terrorists’ supplies in Borno

    Troops intercept N37m, terrorists’ supplies in Borno

    February 17, 2026
    Presidency links El-Rufai’s thallium sulphate claim to N432bn Kaduna corruption probe

    El-Rufai in EFCC custody over N423bn Kaduna probe

    February 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.