Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Newcastle cruise past Arsenal to reach Carabao Cup final

    UCL: Gordon scores four as Newcastle thrash Qarabag 6-1

    February 18, 2026
    Why major Nigerian banking in-app support fails users

    Why major Nigerian banking in-app support fails users

    February 18, 2026
    GameZone Rebate

    GameZone Rebate Builds Trust Within Organized Play

    February 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • UCL: Gordon scores four as Newcastle thrash Qarabag 6-1
    • Why major Nigerian banking in-app support fails users
    • GameZone Rebate Builds Trust Within Organized Play
    • Providus-Unity bank merger stalls over N4.8bn insider loans
    • Two killed, five injured in APC ward congress in Ondo
    • Gas leak in Plateau mine kills 37, others hospitalised
    • Kaduna ends El-Rufai’s ban, approves 50 Christians for pilgrimage
    • Troops rescue victim, kill five kidnappers in Plateau
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Wednesday, February 18
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Nigeria records no COVID-19 deaths in 12 days

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorApril 26, 2021No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    coronavirus africa covid 19 nigeria
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Saturday became the 12th consecutive day Nigeria recorded no fatality from COVID-19 that has caused over 2,000 deaths in the country and three million deaths globally since the pandemic began, it was learnt on Sunday.

    The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), which gave the figure on Sunday, reported 51 new cases of COVID-19 infections and zero death on Saturday.

    The agency, which stated these on its official Twitter handle, added that the new cases were registered in five states and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).

    “Yobe took the lead with 19 cases, Lagos (17), Rivers (8), FCT (4), Akwa-Ibom (2) and Bayelsa (1),” it said.

    It noted that 44 people had recovered from the virus and discharged from isolation centres across the country.

    • Second batch of COVID-19 vaccines may be delayed – FG

    The agency said till date, 164,684 cases had been confirmed, 154,687 discharged and 2,061 deaths recorded in 36 states and the FCT.

    It stated that the country’s active cases were about 9,000, as of April 24.

    The Nigeria’s public health agency said it had conducted 1,870,915 COVID-19 tests since the beginning of COVID-19 on Feb. 27, 2020.

    The NCDC noted that a multi-sectoral National Emergency Operations Centre (EOC), activated at Level 3, had continued to coordinate the national response activities in the country.

    However, the National Primary Health Care Development Agency (NPHCDA) said additional 9,255 people received their first dose of Oxford-AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines in Nigeria on Saturday.

    The NPHCDA disclosed this on its official Twitter handle at the weekend.

    It said the additional inoculation brought the total number of vaccinated people in the country to 1,167,837.

    “As at today, April 24, 1,167,837 eligible Nigerians have so far been vaccinated with first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.

    “Lagos State topped with 226,993 clients already vaccinated, followed by Kaduna 60,659, Kano 60,258, FCT 57,190 and Ogun 53,465,” it said.

    • I will never take COVID-19 vaccine – Oyedepo

    More than one billion doses of COVID-19 vaccines have been administered worldwide, according to a tally, with more than half given in just three countries.

    No fewer than 1,002,938,540 doses had been administered in 207 countries and territories by 17:45 GMT on Saturday, less than five months after the first mass inoculation programmes began to be rolled out, AFP news agency said, citing figures from official sources.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Why major Nigerian banking in-app support fails users

    Why major Nigerian banking in-app support fails users

    GameZone Rebate

    GameZone Rebate Builds Trust Within Organized Play

    Providus-Unity bank merger stalls over N4.8bn insider loans

    Providus-Unity bank merger stalls over N4.8bn insider loans

    Two killed, five injured in APC ward congress in Ondo

    Two killed, five injured in APC ward congress in Ondo

    Gas leak in Plateau mine kills 37, others hospitalised

    Gas leak in Plateau mine kills 37, others hospitalised

    Governor Uba Sani of Kaduna State has approved 50 Christians from the state to embark on a holy pilgrimage, ending an 11-year suspension of the program.

    Kaduna ends El-Rufai’s ban, approves 50 Christians for pilgrimage

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Newcastle cruise past Arsenal to reach Carabao Cup final

    UCL: Gordon scores four as Newcastle thrash Qarabag 6-1

    February 18, 2026
    Why major Nigerian banking in-app support fails users

    Why major Nigerian banking in-app support fails users

    February 18, 2026
    GameZone Rebate

    GameZone Rebate Builds Trust Within Organized Play

    February 18, 2026
    Providus-Unity bank merger stalls over N4.8bn insider loans

    Providus-Unity bank merger stalls over N4.8bn insider loans

    February 18, 2026
    Two killed, five injured in APC ward congress in Ondo

    Two killed, five injured in APC ward congress in Ondo

    February 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.