Nyesom Wike, Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, rejected social media accusations that he collapsed at a function last week.
Wike, a former Rivers State governor, issued the firing after inspecting four ongoing projects in the FCT, including the International Conference Centre in Abuja.
Wike condemned the social media rumours as the product of people looking to win cheap political points.
The minister went on to say that the rumours were spread to divert attention away from the admission made by the previous Rivers Head of Service, George Nwaeke, about the explosion at the Rivers State House of Assembly.
He said, “I don’t want to give credence to people who are only interested in carrying rumour. First of all, I’m a human being; it’s not a ghost that will collapse; it’s a human being that will collapse if there is any issue with their health. Unfortunately, I did not collapse.
“Everybody will die one day; nobody will remain forever, but it is only God that can tell you when you will die, not human beings.
“Some of them who said, ‘I will die, I can assure you that I will write their condolence letter.”
Additionally, the minister reiterated his dedication to fulfilling President Bola Tinubu’s directive.
The rumours which went viral on X claimed that Wike passed out during an event in Abuja last Friday and was taken urgently abroad for medical attention.
Two days later, nevertheless, the minister appeared in public as he joined other dignitaries at the Presidential Villa for a Sallah homage to President Bola Tinubu.