Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    2027 votes must count, Obi warns election officials against rigging

    2027 votes must count, Obi warns election officials against rigging

    February 16, 2026
    Presidency links El-Rufai’s thallium sulphate claim to N432bn Kaduna corruption probe

    Presidency links El-Rufai’s thallium sulphate claim to N432bn Kaduna corruption probe

    February 16, 2026
    Ribadu asks El-Rufai to provide proof of toxic chemical procurement to DSS

    Ribadu asks El-Rufai to provide proof of toxic chemical procurement to DSS

    February 15, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • 2027 votes must count, Obi warns election officials against rigging
    • Presidency links El-Rufai’s thallium sulphate claim to N432bn Kaduna corruption probe
    • Ribadu asks El-Rufai to provide proof of toxic chemical procurement to DSS
    • Rayo Vallecano thrash Atlético Madrid 3-0 in LaLiga clash
    • FCT Poll: Wike to back only candidates who support Tinubu
    • Arsenal reach FA Cup fifth round after thrashing Wigan 4-0
    • Miyetti Allah rejects US sanctions over terrorism allegations
    • Tinubu to visit Adamawa, commission projects Monday
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Monday, February 16
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Police rescue 31 kidnap victims in separate operations in Taraba, Edo

    David GreatBy David GreatJuly 18, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Police arrest govt official, monarchs over beheadings in Ebonyi
    Nigeria Police Force Badge
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The Nigeria Police Force has successfully rescued 31 kidnap victims during two separate operations carried out in Taraba and Edo States.

    This was revealed in a statement released on Friday by the Force Public Relations Officer, ACP Olumuyiwa Adejobi.

    “In a sustained effort against banditry and kidnapping, the Nigeria Police Force has again recorded significant breakthroughs in Taraba and Edo States, successfully rescuing 31 kidnapped victims in two separate coordinated operations,” Adejobi stated.

    In Edo State, the rescue operation took place on Friday, July 11, 2025, at about 7:20 pm. According to the statement, police operatives from the state command swiftly responded to an incident along the Fugar-Agenebode road in Etsako East Local Government Area, where suspected kidnappers had ambushed commuters.

    The attack resulted in the tragic death of two individuals and the abduction of several others.

    • Police nab landlord, two others over killing of AAUA students

    “A rapid joint operation, involving police operatives and local security outfits, initiated a search-and-rescue mission in the Obe Hill area, near the Ajaokuta axis.

    “The rescue team engaged the kidnappers in a gun duel near Obe Hill, forcing them to flee with various degrees of gunshot injuries, and successfully rescued 14 kidnapped victims,” the statement added.

    Efforts are ongoing to arrest the fleeing suspects and bring them to justice, the police said.

    In Taraba State, another operation was carried out on Saturday, July 12, 2025, at about 11:45 pm, following a distress call about a kidnapping incident along the Wukari highway, near the Federal University Wukari.

    “A white Toyota bus, conveying 17 passengers from Enugu to Yola, Adamawa State, had been ambushed by armed men suspected to be kidnappers. Upon receiving the report, operatives, in collaboration with other security agencies, immediately mobilised and advanced to the scene.

    “On sighting the approaching security forces, the suspected kidnappers abandoned all 17 kidnapped victims unhurt and fled into the surrounding bush. Efforts are underway to apprehend these culprits,” Adejobi said.

    Reacting to the operations, the Inspector-General of Police, Kayode Egbetokun, praised the swift and courageous response of the police officers involved.

    He stated that the successful rescues are “a reflection of the reinforced commitment of the Nigeria Police Force to citizen protection and national security.”

    The IGP further assured Nigerians that targeted efforts to dismantle criminal networks across the country will continue with greater intensity.

     

     

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    2027 votes must count, Obi warns election officials against rigging

    2027 votes must count, Obi warns election officials against rigging

    Presidency links El-Rufai’s thallium sulphate claim to N432bn Kaduna corruption probe

    Presidency links El-Rufai’s thallium sulphate claim to N432bn Kaduna corruption probe

    Ribadu asks El-Rufai to provide proof of toxic chemical procurement to DSS

    Ribadu asks El-Rufai to provide proof of toxic chemical procurement to DSS

    Wike bloc plans March 28 PDP convention after court victory

    FCT Poll: Wike to back only candidates who support Tinubu

    Miyetti Allah rejects US sanctions over terrorism allegations

    Miyetti Allah rejects US sanctions over terrorism allegations

    Tinubu to visit Adamawa, commission projects Monday

    Tinubu to visit Adamawa, commission projects Monday

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    2027 votes must count, Obi warns election officials against rigging

    2027 votes must count, Obi warns election officials against rigging

    February 16, 2026
    Presidency links El-Rufai’s thallium sulphate claim to N432bn Kaduna corruption probe

    Presidency links El-Rufai’s thallium sulphate claim to N432bn Kaduna corruption probe

    February 16, 2026
    Ribadu asks El-Rufai to provide proof of toxic chemical procurement to DSS

    Ribadu asks El-Rufai to provide proof of toxic chemical procurement to DSS

    February 15, 2026
    Rayo Vallecano defeated Atlético Madrid 3-0 in Butarque, exposing Atlético's fragile lineup and lifting Rayo out of the relegation zone.

    Rayo Vallecano thrash Atlético Madrid 3-0 in LaLiga clash

    February 15, 2026
    Wike bloc plans March 28 PDP convention after court victory

    FCT Poll: Wike to back only candidates who support Tinubu

    February 15, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.