Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    EFCC accuses banks, fintechs of enabling N18.7bn fraud

    EFCC secures interim attachment order on nine mineral-laden trucks in Kwara

    February 19, 2026
    Providus-Unity bank merger stalls over N4.8bn insider loans

    Unity Bank says merger with Providus firmly on track

    February 19, 2026
    Nigeria digital trade platform for air, sea cargoes to launch March 2026

    Nigeria digital trade platform for air, sea cargoes to launch March 2026

    February 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • EFCC secures interim attachment order on nine mineral-laden trucks in Kwara
    • Unity Bank says merger with Providus firmly on track
    • Nigeria digital trade platform for air, sea cargoes to launch March 2026
    • Ondo monarch killed by terrorists
    • Gabon suspends social media amid ‘fake news’, rising unrest
    • Canada updates express entry for foreign professionals
    • Yoon: Ex-South Korea leader bags life sentence over insurrection
    • Bolt reveals slain S’Africa-based Nigerian student worked illegally
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Thursday, February 19
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Osun NSCDC shuts children’s home over abuse, lack of registration

    David GreatBy David GreatMay 6, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Oladapo Aborowa lauds NSCDC as champions of national security, public safety
    Personnel of the NSCDC
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), Osun State Command, has sealed an unregistered home for children with disabilities in Osogbo, citing poor conditions and lack of proper facilities.

    In a statement released on Tuesday by the Command’s Public Relations Officer, Kehinde Adeleke, it was revealed that the action followed the directive of the State Commandant, Igbalawole Sotiyo, after operatives discovered the facility was unfit for the care of children with special needs.

    Deputy Commandant of Corps, Oluwafemi Abeere, who led the operation, disclosed that the NSCDC acted “following a tip-off from the public.”

    “Upon arrival, it was evident that the children were malnourished, and operatives discovered that the home lacked registration with relevant authorities, raising concerns about the children’s well-being,” he added.

    Efforts to reunite the children with their families have met with resistance, the statement further disclosed.

    “The command has reached out to the parents and guardians of the children for their pickup, but they refused,” it stated.

    According to the NSCDC, investigations showed that many of the children had been abandoned.

    “A discreet investigation revealed that the children’s parents have abandoned them with the caregiver, ceasing payment for services and becoming unreachable when contacted,” the command added.

    The NSCDC has since contacted the Osun State Bureau for Persons With Disabilities to take further steps in addressing the welfare of the affected children.

    In a message to the public, the State Commandant advised, “carefully vet care facilities,” stressing the importance of safeguarding vulnerable individuals. He assured that the NSCDC would continue working with relevant stakeholders to ensure the protection of persons with disabilities across the state.

     

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    EFCC accuses banks, fintechs of enabling N18.7bn fraud

    EFCC secures interim attachment order on nine mineral-laden trucks in Kwara

    Providus-Unity bank merger stalls over N4.8bn insider loans

    Unity Bank says merger with Providus firmly on track

    Nigeria digital trade platform for air, sea cargoes to launch March 2026

    Nigeria digital trade platform for air, sea cargoes to launch March 2026

    Oba Kehinde Falodun, the monarch of the Agamọ Community in the Akure North Local Government Area of Ondo State, was reportedly slain by suspected bandits.

    Ondo monarch killed by terrorists

    Canada flags Nigeria, 16 African countries as high-risk in new travel advisory

    Canada updates express entry for foreign professionals

    Yoon: South Korea’s ex-president indicted for abuse of power

    Yoon: Ex-South Korea leader bags life sentence over insurrection

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    EFCC accuses banks, fintechs of enabling N18.7bn fraud

    EFCC secures interim attachment order on nine mineral-laden trucks in Kwara

    February 19, 2026
    Providus-Unity bank merger stalls over N4.8bn insider loans

    Unity Bank says merger with Providus firmly on track

    February 19, 2026
    Nigeria digital trade platform for air, sea cargoes to launch March 2026

    Nigeria digital trade platform for air, sea cargoes to launch March 2026

    February 19, 2026
    Oba Kehinde Falodun, the monarch of the Agamọ Community in the Akure North Local Government Area of Ondo State, was reportedly slain by suspected bandits.

    Ondo monarch killed by terrorists

    February 19, 2026
    Gabon suspends social media amid 'fake news', rising unrest

    Gabon suspends social media amid ‘fake news’, rising unrest

    February 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.