Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Wike bloc plans March 28 PDP convention after court victory

    Wike lauds FCT poll, says results reflect democracy

    February 22, 2026
    CAN rejects Shari’ah council’s call for INEC chair’s removal

    INEC to unveil new 2027 election timetable

    February 22, 2026
    Eze Arsenal's derby hero again as leaders sink Tudor's Tottenham

    Eze Arsenal’s derby hero again as leaders sink Tudor’s Tottenham 

    February 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Wike lauds FCT poll, says results reflect democracy
    • INEC to unveil new 2027 election timetable
    • Eze Arsenal’s derby hero again as leaders sink Tudor’s Tottenham 
    • Barcelona return to La Liga lead after thrashing Levante 3-0
    • Lawmaker breaks silence on Obono-Obla’s arrest in Cross River
    • NAFDAC confiscates banned, fake cosmetics worth N3bn in Lagos
    • Mac Allister frantic finish seals Liverpool win over Nottingham 
    • US Secret Service kills man trying to enter Trump’s estate
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Monday, February 23
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    NLC, TUC declare nationwide strike over minimum wage

    David GreatBy David GreatMay 31, 2024No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    NLC TUC: Organized labour said its national minimum wage negotiation would be base on the current economic reality
    The union also demanded an increase in the minimum salary from N30,000 to N200,000
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC) and the Trade Union Congress (TUC) have called for an indefinite strike beginning Monday, June 3, after failing to reach an agreement with the government on a new minimum wage.

    The organised labour unions said on May 1 that they would strike if a new minimum wage was not agreed upon by the end of May.
    “Government refused to move forward, not even a kobo was added to the 60,000 naira that they proposed on Tuesday and we rightly rejected,” the unions said in a statement.
    They said that government representatives did not show up for a meeting on Friday to discuss the problem after the unions rejected an earlier proposal.
    The NLC and TUC stated that the strike will continue until a new minimum wage was implemented. They also urged that an increase in electricity tariffs implemented last month be reversed.
    In April, the electrical regulator raised charges for the wealthiest consumers, who use the most power, as the government attempts to wean the economy off subsidies in order to relieve fiscal pressures.
    Nigerians lament 300% electricity tariff increase, say 'Tinubu is a disaster'
    President Bola Tinubu of Nigeria
    President Bola Tinubu removed subsidy on fuel and loosened currency trading restrictions, resulting in more than a tripling of gas prices. Africa’s most populous country is currently facing a cost-of-living problem, exacerbated by the highest inflation rate in nearly three decades.
    NLC and TUC have pressed Tinubu to provide relief to people and small companies after eliminating the fuel subsidy, which kept petrol cheap but cost the government $10 billion last year.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Wike bloc plans March 28 PDP convention after court victory

    Wike lauds FCT poll, says results reflect democracy

    CAN rejects Shari’ah council’s call for INEC chair’s removal

    INEC to unveil new 2027 election timetable

    Police arrest Buhari's ex-aide Obono-Obla over alleged certificate forgery 

    Lawmaker breaks silence on Obono-Obla’s arrest in Cross River

    The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) discovered a warehouse in Lagos State containing prohibited, fraudulent, and unregistered cosmetic products worth over ₦3 billion.

    NAFDAC confiscates banned, fake cosmetics worth N3bn in Lagos

    US deports 79 Nigerians on criminal list

    US Secret Service kills man trying to enter Trump’s estate

    SERAP gives Tinubu seven days to scrap phone‑tapping law

    SERAP gives Tinubu seven days to scrap phone‑tapping law

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Wike bloc plans March 28 PDP convention after court victory

    Wike lauds FCT poll, says results reflect democracy

    February 22, 2026
    CAN rejects Shari’ah council’s call for INEC chair’s removal

    INEC to unveil new 2027 election timetable

    February 22, 2026
    Eze Arsenal's derby hero again as leaders sink Tudor's Tottenham

    Eze Arsenal’s derby hero again as leaders sink Tudor’s Tottenham 

    February 22, 2026
    Barcelona narrowly defeated Real Madrid in a five-goal clash to claim consecutive Spanish Super Cup titles in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.

    Barcelona return to La Liga lead after thrashing Levante 3-0

    February 22, 2026
    Police arrest Buhari's ex-aide Obono-Obla over alleged certificate forgery 

    Lawmaker breaks silence on Obono-Obla’s arrest in Cross River

    February 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.