Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Lakurawa terrorists Kill 33 in Kebbi’s attack

    Lakurawa terrorists kill 33 in Kebbi’s attack

    February 20, 2026
    Governor Caleb Mutfwang of Plateau State has expressed great grief over the cruel attack by suspected terrorists on a mining site in Kuru District, Jos South Local Government Area, which cost the lives of several innocents.

    Plateau inaugurates panel to probe VIO misconduct

    February 20, 2026
    NSCDC foils armed herders attack on Plateau farmers

    NSCDC starts 24-hour surveillance in Kwara

    February 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Lakurawa terrorists kill 33 in Kebbi’s attack
    • Plateau inaugurates panel to probe VIO misconduct
    • NSCDC starts 24-hour surveillance in Kwara
    • Rooney backs Arsenal to win EPL title over Man City
    • DSS to arraign El-Rufai February 25
    • 100-level UniAbuja student goes missing
    • El-Rufai: Lawyer condemns search of ex-gov’s residence by ICPC
    • Mirabel: Police to arrest, prosecute TikToker over false rape claim
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Friday, February 20
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    NiDCOM says ‘FG ready to welcome deported Nigerians from US’

    Vincent OsuwoBy Vincent OsuwoJanuary 29, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Abike Dabiri says Turkish officials were shocked Tinubu stumble dominated Nigerian media
    Nigerians in Diaspora Commission (NIDCOM) Chairman, Abike Dabiri-Erewa
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The Nigerians in Diaspora Commission (NiDCOM) has said that the Federal Government is ready to welcome deported Nigerians from the United States.

    Abdur-Rahman Balogun, the commission’s Director of Media and Corporate Affairs, told Vanguard on Tuesday evening that such developments were overseen by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

    Balogun went on to say that the government had already formed an inter-agency committee to address the situation if Nigerians were deported from the United States.

    “The Federal Government has set up an inter-agency committee, comprising the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, NiDCOM, the Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, and the office of the National Security Adviser, NSA, should there be mass deportation of Nigerians from the US.”

    However, the NiDCOM official highlighted that its commission was not aware of Nigerians in America being processed for deportation.

    Recall that around 3,690 Nigerians in the United States face deportation as a result of Donald Trump’s crackdown on illegal immigrants.

    In a document created by US Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Enforcement and Removal Operations, and obtained by our correspondent on Tuesday, the agency revealed that the data is split down by nationality and the number of people facing deportation.

    It further stated that as of November 24, 2024, ICE’s non-detained docket contains 1,445,549 non-citizens with final removal orders.

    According to the document headed “Noncitizens on the ICE Non-Detained Docket with Final Orders of Removal by Country of Citizenship,” Mexico and El Salvador have the highest deportation rates, with 252,044 and 203,822, respectively.

    The ICE is in charge of protecting America from cross-border crime and illegal immigration, both of which pose a threat to national security.

    Meanwhile, on Thursday last week, hundreds of migrants were arrested, and others flew out of the nation on military planes as Donald Trump’s threatened mass deportation operation began.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Lakurawa terrorists Kill 33 in Kebbi’s attack

    Lakurawa terrorists kill 33 in Kebbi’s attack

    Governor Caleb Mutfwang of Plateau State has expressed great grief over the cruel attack by suspected terrorists on a mining site in Kuru District, Jos South Local Government Area, which cost the lives of several innocents.

    Plateau inaugurates panel to probe VIO misconduct

    NSCDC foils armed herders attack on Plateau farmers

    NSCDC starts 24-hour surveillance in Kwara

    DSS to arraign El-Rufai February 25

    DSS to arraign El-Rufai February 25

    UniAbuja student goes missing

    100-level UniAbuja student goes missing

    ICPC arrests El-Rufai over ongoing corruption investigation

    El-Rufai: Lawyer condemns search of ex-gov’s residence by ICPC

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Lakurawa terrorists Kill 33 in Kebbi’s attack

    Lakurawa terrorists kill 33 in Kebbi’s attack

    February 20, 2026
    Governor Caleb Mutfwang of Plateau State has expressed great grief over the cruel attack by suspected terrorists on a mining site in Kuru District, Jos South Local Government Area, which cost the lives of several innocents.

    Plateau inaugurates panel to probe VIO misconduct

    February 20, 2026
    NSCDC foils armed herders attack on Plateau farmers

    NSCDC starts 24-hour surveillance in Kwara

    February 20, 2026
    Rooney leaves Plymouth Argyle after dismal run

    Rooney backs Arsenal to win EPL title over Man City

    February 20, 2026
    DSS to arraign El-Rufai February 25

    DSS to arraign El-Rufai February 25

    February 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.