Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack

    Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack

    February 16, 2026
    Emergency rule: Court to decide if Tinubu can remove elected officials March 9

    Tinubu lauds Adamawa gov for infrastructure projects

    February 16, 2026
    APC apologies for listing late army general, serving justice as stakeholders

    APC apologies for listing late army general, serving justice as stakeholders

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack
    • Tinubu lauds Adamawa gov for infrastructure projects
    • APC apologies for listing late army general, serving justice as stakeholders
    • Natasha in fresh clash at senate committee chairman’s office
    • Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break fast
    • FG files charges against El-Rufai for intercepting Ribadu’s phone
    • US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links
    • Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Monday, February 16
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Natasha speaks after National Assembly standoff, says ‘I’m glad to resume work today’

    Vincent OsuwoBy Vincent OsuwoJuly 22, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Natasha Akpoti poised to return as Senate suspension ends
    Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan expressed gratitude on Tuesday for life and the opportunity to return to legislative duties after weeks of political upheaval.

    In an interview with Arise News, the congressman stated, “I am glad to be alive and to resume work today.”

    Her statement comes as there is growing anticipation for her return to the National Assembly in light of recent developments surrounding her suspension and ongoing political controversies.

    The lawmaker, who was suspended in March, announced over the weekend that she had formally notified the Senate of her intention to return, citing a recent court decision as the reason.

    She told the media during a constituency training exercise that she had previously informed the Upper Chamber’s leadership of her intentions.

    The lawmaker had earlier arrived at the National Assembly gate with activist Aisha Yesufu, rights advocate Mama P, activist Randy, and a swarm of supporters before being stopped by security.

    According to eyewitnesses, the security operatives barred Natasha from entering the premises, leading to a heated confrontation.

    Yesufu, angered by the development, accused the officials of acting unlawfully.

    “National Assembly is meant to be for everyone. Why are you stopping us? We are not abiding doesn’t mean we are cowards,” she said during the altercation.

    Tension rose when some of the senator’s supporters began yelling “Push!” in an attempt to break past the barricade.

    They then marched towards the compound, chanting solidarity songs in support of the legislator.

    As of press time, security personnel remained at the door, while Natasha’s supporters continued their walk.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack

    Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack

    Emergency rule: Court to decide if Tinubu can remove elected officials March 9

    Tinubu lauds Adamawa gov for infrastructure projects

    APC apologies for listing late army general, serving justice as stakeholders

    APC apologies for listing late army general, serving justice as stakeholders

    Court adjourns Natasha Akpoti’s suit against senate to March 25

    Natasha in fresh clash at senate committee chairman’s office

    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    FG files charges against El-Rufai for intercepting Ribadu’s phone

    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack

    Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack

    February 16, 2026
    Emergency rule: Court to decide if Tinubu can remove elected officials March 9

    Tinubu lauds Adamawa gov for infrastructure projects

    February 16, 2026
    APC apologies for listing late army general, serving justice as stakeholders

    APC apologies for listing late army general, serving justice as stakeholders

    February 16, 2026
    Court adjourns Natasha Akpoti’s suit against senate to March 25

    Natasha in fresh clash at senate committee chairman’s office

    February 16, 2026
    Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break

    Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break fast

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.