Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    FG files charges against El-Rufai for intercepting Ribadu’s phone

    February 16, 2026
    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    February 16, 2026
    Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution

    Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • FG files charges against El-Rufai for intercepting Ribadu’s phone
    • US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links
    • Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution
    • BREAKING: DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation
    • Nigerians ‘paying for darkness’, Ajaero slams power sector reform as failure
    • US embassy, consulate in Nigeria observe Presidents’ Day
    • National Assembly moves to shift 2027 presidential poll to Feb13
    • Tinubu demands release of South Sudan VP Machar
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Monday, February 16
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Israel closes embassy in Ireland over ‘anti-Israeli’ policies

    Vincent OsuwoBy Vincent OsuwoDecember 15, 2024No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Israel-Iran war: Netanyahu praises Trump’s role in air defense
    Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Israel’s foreign minister has announced that it will close its embassy in Dublin due to the Irish government’s “extreme anti-Israel policies.” 

    Gideon Saar stated that the Republic of Ireland has “crossed every red line.”

    In a statement, he said Israel’s ambassador to Dublin had previously been recalled in response to Ireland’s “unilateral decision to recognise a Palestinian state.”.

    He noted that the decision came after Ireland announced its support for South Africa’s legal case against Israel in the International Court of Justice (ICJ), accusing the country of “genocide.”.

    Mr. Saar said, “The actions and anti-Semitic rhetoric used by Ireland against Israel are rooted in the delegitimisation and demonisation of the Jewish state, along with double standards.

    “Israel will invest its resources in advancing bilateral relations with countries worldwide according to priorities that also take into account the attitudes and actions of these states toward Israel.”

    Taoiseach (Irish prime minister) Simon Harris has stated that Israel’s decision to close the Irish embassy is “deeply regrettable.”.  He also denies that Ireland is anti-Israel.

    Micheál Martin, the Tánaiste (Irish deputy prime minister), has stated that there are no intentions to close the Irish Embassy in Israel.

    Martin said the Israeli government informed him of its plan to close its embassy in Dublin.

    He said, “I believe firmly in the importance of maintaining diplomatic channels of communication and regret that this decision has been taken.”

    “Ireland’s position on the conflict in the Middle East has always been guided by the principles of international law and the obligation on all states to adhere to international humanitarian law.”

    He said the continuation of the war in Gaza and the “loss of innocent lives is simply unacceptable and contravenes international law.”

    He added, “It represents the collective punishment of the Palestinian people in Gaza. We need an immediate ceasefire, the release of all hostages, and a surge of humanitarian aid into Gaza.”

    Mr. Martin stated that Ireland and Israel will maintain diplomatic relations, adding that this includes the right to agree and disagree on fundamental issues.

    On October 7, last year, Hamas conducted an attack in southern Israel, killing 1,200 people and seizing 251 hostages.

    In reply, Israel began a large operation within the Gaza Strip, with the stated goal of destroying Hamas.

    At least 44,875 people have been killed and more than 100,000 injured, the majority of them are civilians, according to the Hamas-run health ministry. The United Nations believes these numbers are reliable.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    FG files charges against El-Rufai for intercepting Ribadu’s phone

    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution

    Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution

    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    BREAKING: DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    Ajaero slams Nigeria power privatisation as failure

    Nigerians ‘paying for darkness’, Ajaero slams power sector reform as failure

    US Embassy, consulate in Nigeria observe Presidents’ Day

    US embassy, consulate in Nigeria observe Presidents’ Day

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    FG files charges against El-Rufai for intercepting Ribadu’s phone

    February 16, 2026
    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    February 16, 2026
    Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution

    Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution

    February 16, 2026
    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    BREAKING: DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    February 16, 2026
    Ajaero slams Nigeria power privatisation as failure

    Nigerians ‘paying for darkness’, Ajaero slams power sector reform as failure

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.