Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    FG files charges against El-Rufai for intercepting Ribadu’s phone

    February 16, 2026
    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    February 16, 2026
    Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution

    Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • FG files charges against El-Rufai for intercepting Ribadu’s phone
    • US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links
    • Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution
    • BREAKING: DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation
    • Nigerians ‘paying for darkness’, Ajaero slams power sector reform as failure
    • US embassy, consulate in Nigeria observe Presidents’ Day
    • National Assembly moves to shift 2027 presidential poll to Feb13
    • Tinubu demands release of South Sudan VP Machar
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Monday, February 16
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    How Tinubu’s aides, Ministers shared N54bn forfeited by Emefiele’s accomplices

    Vincent OsuwoBy Vincent OsuwoAugust 20, 2024No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Emefiele prays court to foreclose prosecution over procurement fraud
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Some of President Bola Tinubu’s ministers and aides are accused of sharing over N54 billion from the N120 billion forfeited to the Federal Government by Aminu Yaro and his wife, Saadatu Yaro. 

    The Yaros, who were associates of former CBN Governor Godwin Emefiele, reportedly agreed to forfeit the funds as part of a plea bargain with the EFCC to drop pending criminal charges.

    According to sources, a portion of the forfeited monies, totalling N54 billion, were disbursed among key ministers and advisers of Tinubu in cooperation with EFCC officers.

    “Emefiele’s accomplices Aminu Yaro and his wife, Saadatu Yaro, forfeited N120 billion as plea bargaining,” one of the sources said. “Now Tinubu’s aides and ministers shared over N54 billion of the money amongst themselves, and the EFCC is complicitly aware.”

    When contacted by reporters, Mr. Dele Oyewale, the EFCC’s Head of Media and Publicity, declined to comment on the accusation, neither confirming nor denying it.

    “Let me find out; I will get back to you,” he said.

    Oyewale had not responded to reporters as of Tuesday, when this report was filed.

    According to reports, the EFCC’s investigations discovered a N70 billion scam reportedly committed by Godwin Emefiele, former CBN governor, in cooperation with others.

    According to sources who spoke to SaharaReporters, Emefiele, Alhaji Aminu Yaro, Sarkin Hausawa of Lagos, and his wife, Saadatu Ramallan Yaro, generated the monies through a foreign exchange differential fraud operation that Emefiele assisted.

    Sources added that Emefiele blatantly misused his official privileges by committing FX differential fraud with the cooperation of the Sarkin Hausawa Lagos, Yaro, and his wife.

    “This is a case of forex differential fraud involving the CBN governor, Godwin Emefiele.

    “The governor sells forex to various individuals at the official rate on paper. He has an understanding with the individuals that they will sell at the black market rate when the CBN credits the banks of the individuals that buy the forex.

    “When they sell, the difference will be paid into the account of Aminu Yaro on behalf of Emefiele,” one of the sources said.

    “So far, about N70 billion has been traced to the account in the course of the investigation.”

    According to these sources, Saadatu Ramallan Yaro was a signatory on the firm account where the cash was put.

    SaharaReporters revealed on May 22, 2023, that the EFCC charged Saadatu Ramallan Yaro and her company with money laundering charges worth more than N140 billion before Justice Obiora Egwuatu of the Federal High Court in Abuja. Yaro is also a director at April 1616 Investment Limited and Amsamay Limited.

    In a 25-count allegation, she was accused of neglecting to report Tsami Babi Resources Limited’s activities, allowing transfers of over N100 billion into the company’s account with a new generation bank, in breach of her duties as a director of a designated non-financial corporation.

    In a second 12-count allegation, Saadatu Ramallan-Yaro and M.A.Y. Fine Fragrance Limited, a designated non-financial institution, are accused of money laundering to the tune of N40 billion.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    FG files charges against El-Rufai for intercepting Ribadu’s phone

    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution

    Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution

    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    BREAKING: DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    Ajaero slams Nigeria power privatisation as failure

    Nigerians ‘paying for darkness’, Ajaero slams power sector reform as failure

    US Embassy, consulate in Nigeria observe Presidents’ Day

    US embassy, consulate in Nigeria observe Presidents’ Day

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    FG files charges against El-Rufai for intercepting Ribadu’s phone

    February 16, 2026
    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    February 16, 2026
    Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution

    Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution

    February 16, 2026
    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    BREAKING: DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    February 16, 2026
    Ajaero slams Nigeria power privatisation as failure

    Nigerians ‘paying for darkness’, Ajaero slams power sector reform as failure

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.