Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    The terrorists who kidnapped about 35 worshippers from the Christ Apostolic Church, Oke-Igan, Eruku, in the Ekiti Local Government Area of Kwara State, have reportedly demanded N100 million ransom per victim.

    Kwara govt yet to release freed church abductees after one week

    November 29, 2025
    Terrorists now using satellite communication, says NASRDA

    Terrorists now using satellite communication, says NASRDA

    November 29, 2025
    Tax reforms: NOA launches nationwide campaign to counter misinformation

    Tax reforms: NOA launches nationwide campaign to counter misinformation

    November 29, 2025
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Kwara govt yet to release freed church abductees after one week
    • Terrorists now using satellite communication, says NASRDA
    • Tax reforms: NOA launches nationwide campaign to counter misinformation
    • Jonathan says Guinea Bissau coup painful than losing to Buhari
    • Nollywood actor Lere Paimo dies at 86
    • Terrorism: Northern governors get N56bn security votes
    • Obasanjo urges FG to stop negotiating with terrorists
    • Tinubu sets up national tax policy implementation committee
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Saturday, November 29
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    How 50 armed EFCC operatives invaded our premises, threatened to kill – Obasanjo library

    Opalim LiftedBy Opalim LiftedAugust 11, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    EFCC, NFIU trace N45bn money trail in alleged coup plot
    EFCC officials
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The management of the Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library (OOPL) in Ogun state has accused operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) of staging a violent invasion of its premises in the early hours of Saturday.

    The EFCC had confirmed that it raided a hotel in Abeokuta, the state capital, and arrested 93 suspected internet fraudsters.

    The agency did not disclose the name and location of the hotel.

    The OOPL management, in a statement issued on Sunday, said more than 50 armed men stormed the complex around 2am, “firing gunshots, threatening to kill people, and causing panic among guests and residents”.

    The team, reportedly led by a man identified only as “Olapade”, allegedly targeted a private event at the library’s amusement facility.

    The library said the men claimed to be acting on an intelligence tip and insisted that the police had been informed of their operation.

    The OOPL management said both the police officers stationed at the library’s gates and additional personnel from Kemta Police Station, who had been invited by the event organisers, denied having prior knowledge of the raid.

    • EFCC raids hotel in Obasanjo library, arrests internet fraudsters

    The management also said the operatives presented no search or arrest warrant.

    OOPL said the incident left several people injured as attendees fled the scene in panic.

    The management described the operation as “a clear case of invasion of private property” and a violation of the rights of both the establishment and the guests.

    “This morning, at about 2 am, the OOPL premises were invaded by a Gestapo-like gang of over 50 armed men, shooting guns, threatening to kill people, and purporting to be from the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC),” the statement reads.

    “The invasion, led by one “Olapade” caused serious panic and chaos, leading to serious injuries among participants trying to escape the shooting and near carnage that resulted, and causing terror among residents on the site.

    “It should be noted that the event was a private event that had been widely advertised to members of the public for days prior.

    “Management has commenced its investigations of the invasion and will take up the matter with the highest authorities, including the EFCC, the police, and the Department of State Security.

    “In the meantime, management demands an explanation of these impudent actions from the Commission and an apology from the EFCC authorities for the infringement of its rights, to all those who gathered, and those who sustained serious injuries from the gangster like induced chaos. Failure for which the management will be compelled to seek redress and sanctions as appropriate.”

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    The terrorists who kidnapped about 35 worshippers from the Christ Apostolic Church, Oke-Igan, Eruku, in the Ekiti Local Government Area of Kwara State, have reportedly demanded N100 million ransom per victim.

    Kwara govt yet to release freed church abductees after one week

    Terrorists now using satellite communication, says NASRDA

    Terrorists now using satellite communication, says NASRDA

    Tax reforms: NOA launches nationwide campaign to counter misinformation

    Tax reforms: NOA launches nationwide campaign to counter misinformation

    2027: Court asked to restrain Jonathan from contesting

    Jonathan says Guinea Bissau coup painful than losing to Buhari

    Veteran Nollywood actor and cultural icon Lere Paimo

    Nollywood actor Lere Paimo dies at 86

    Terrorists now using satellite communication, says NASRDA

    Terrorism: Northern governors get N56bn security votes

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    The terrorists who kidnapped about 35 worshippers from the Christ Apostolic Church, Oke-Igan, Eruku, in the Ekiti Local Government Area of Kwara State, have reportedly demanded N100 million ransom per victim.

    Kwara govt yet to release freed church abductees after one week

    November 29, 2025
    Terrorists now using satellite communication, says NASRDA

    Terrorists now using satellite communication, says NASRDA

    November 29, 2025
    Tax reforms: NOA launches nationwide campaign to counter misinformation

    Tax reforms: NOA launches nationwide campaign to counter misinformation

    November 29, 2025
    2027: Court asked to restrain Jonathan from contesting

    Jonathan says Guinea Bissau coup painful than losing to Buhari

    November 29, 2025
    Veteran Nollywood actor and cultural icon Lere Paimo

    Nollywood actor Lere Paimo dies at 86

    November 29, 2025
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2025 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.