Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Jonathan: Abaribe urges Gowon to 'write his own book, reveal truth about 1966 coup'

    Jonathan lauds Gowon over NYSC scheme, civil war reconciliation

    May 19, 2026
    Court fines lawyer N1m in suit seeking to stop Jonathan 2027 bid

    AGF, Jonathan oppose 2027 eligibility suit

    May 19, 2026
    President Bola Tinubu speaking at a public event in Nigeria, representing federal government economic policy announcements.

    Tinubu era records $8bn capital spending milestone – IMPI

    May 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Jonathan lauds Gowon over NYSC scheme, civil war reconciliation
    • AGF, Jonathan oppose 2027 eligibility suit
    • Tinubu era records $8bn capital spending milestone – IMPI
    • Togo grants visa-free entry to all African citizens
    • Maresca to replace Guardiola as Man City manager
    • Sadiya Farouq: Court sustains arrest warrant against ex-minister
    • Amaechi boast of beating Atiku to ADC ticket
    • San Diego mosque shooting kills three
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Tuesday, May 19
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Hoodlums attack Plateau task force, set houses, cars ablaze

    Vincent OsuwoBy Vincent OsuwoJune 18, 2024No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Cultists kill two in renewed Lagos violence
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Hoodlums on Monday set several cars ablaze in the Bukuru metropolis, Jos South Local Government Area of Plateau State. 

    The hoodlums were suspected to be anti-Jos City Renewal drive of the Governor Caleb Mutfwang administration. They also attacked passers-by, injuring many.

    It was gathered that the disturbance began when some members of the Jos City Renewal Committee attempted to clear a site in the Bukuru neighbourhood but were blocked by hoodlums who attacked the officials.

    The activity of the hoodlums, which caught the people off guard, sparked fear in the town as they went on the rampage, destroying cars and setting houses ablaze.

    Usman Ibrahim, a member of the Bukuru village, verified the development with newsmen in Jos on Monday, criticising the hoodlums’ actions.

    Usman said, “It was this afternoon in the Bukuru community around 2 p.m. We saw some officials of the Jos Metropolitan Development Board as they arrived in the community and moved to a site that they had previously cleared.

    “As soon as they began to mark the site, some hoodlums emerged and started throwing stones at the officials, saying they would not allow any project in the area. Before you knew it, they started burning cars parked along the road and attacking innocent passers-by. They also set some houses ablaze. So, everybody started running, and that is what happened.”

    It was discovered that the prompt deployment of security officers to the community prevented the situation from worsening.

    Some residents who reacted to the incident decried the hoodlums’ actions.

    They encouraged the government and security forces to pursue those attempting to incite violence and disrupt the peace in Jos and other parts of the state so that Plateau could progress.

    The spokesman for the Plateau State Police Command, Alabo Alfred, said that security operatives had been dispatched to the affected community while an investigation had begun.

    “Yes, we are aware of the incident in Bukuru. Our men have been deployed to the community. I cannot tell you what caused the problem, but we have started an investigation, and we will let you know when we are done. But the situation is calm now,”  the PPRO stated.

    Governor Caleb Mutfwang had earlier signed an executive order to control the illegal erection of buildings and traffic in the state.

    Hart Bankat, General Manager of JMDB, stated that Executive Order No. 003, 2024, became necessary due to the indiscriminate manner in which buildings were being erected and traffic control had deteriorated within the Greater Jos Master Plan, as well as the prevalence of building collapses in the state, and that the agency would ensure that the order’s objectives were met.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Jonathan: Abaribe urges Gowon to 'write his own book, reveal truth about 1966 coup'

    Jonathan lauds Gowon over NYSC scheme, civil war reconciliation

    Court fines lawyer N1m in suit seeking to stop Jonathan 2027 bid

    AGF, Jonathan oppose 2027 eligibility suit

    President Bola Tinubu speaking at a public event in Nigeria, representing federal government economic policy announcements.

    Tinubu era records $8bn capital spending milestone – IMPI

    Togo announces visa-free entry policy for all African passport holders for stays of up to 30 days.

    Togo grants visa-free entry to all African citizens

    EFCC declares ex-minister Sadiya Farouq wanted for alleged fraud

    Sadiya Farouq: Court sustains arrest warrant against ex-minister

    ADC south-south backs Amaechi for 2027 presidency

    Amaechi boast of beating Atiku to ADC ticket

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Jonathan: Abaribe urges Gowon to 'write his own book, reveal truth about 1966 coup'

    Jonathan lauds Gowon over NYSC scheme, civil war reconciliation

    May 19, 2026
    Court fines lawyer N1m in suit seeking to stop Jonathan 2027 bid

    AGF, Jonathan oppose 2027 eligibility suit

    May 19, 2026
    President Bola Tinubu speaking at a public event in Nigeria, representing federal government economic policy announcements.

    Tinubu era records $8bn capital spending milestone – IMPI

    May 19, 2026
    Togo announces visa-free entry policy for all African passport holders for stays of up to 30 days.

    Togo grants visa-free entry to all African citizens

    May 19, 2026
    lMaresca to replace Guardiola as Man City manager

    Maresca to replace Guardiola as Man City manager

    May 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.