Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    APC demands NASS takeover of Rivers Assembly

    Rivers assembly stops impeachment proceedings against Fubara

    February 19, 2026
    EFCC accuses banks, fintechs of enabling N18.7bn fraud

    EFCC secures interim attachment order on nine mineral-laden trucks in Kwara

    February 19, 2026
    Providus-Unity bank merger stalls over N4.8bn insider loans

    Unity Bank says merger with Providus firmly on track

    February 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Rivers assembly stops impeachment proceedings against Fubara
    • EFCC secures interim attachment order on nine mineral-laden trucks in Kwara
    • Unity Bank says merger with Providus firmly on track
    • Nigeria digital trade platform for air, sea cargoes to launch March 2026
    • Ondo monarch killed by terrorists
    • Gabon suspends social media amid ‘fake news’, rising unrest
    • Canada updates express entry for foreign professionals
    • Yoon: Ex-South Korea leader bags life sentence over insurrection
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Thursday, February 19
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Borno marks 11 years of Chibok girls’ abduction, donates N10m to parents

    Opalim LiftedBy Opalim LiftedApril 16, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Borno marks 11 years of Chibok girls’ abduction, donates N10m to parents
    Boko Haram abducted over 200 schoolgirls in Chibok, Borno State
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The Borno government has donated N10 million and food items to the parents of the Chibok schoolgirls abducted by terrorists in 2014.

    The event was held on Tuesday to commemorate the 11th anniversary of the abduction of schoolgirls from Government Girls Secondary School, Chibok.

    Zuwaira Gambo, the state commissioner for women affairs and social development, represented Babagana Zulum, governor of Borno.

    The governor announced the donation of N10 million and food items to the parents of the 276 abducted girls, noting that the gesture is part of the state government’s efforts to ease the burden on affected families

    “This is not the first time the Borno state government is reaching out. Since day one, successive administrations have supported Chibok,” Zulum said.

    “Under Governor Zulum, this commitment has been further strengthened. We will not give up until every missing girl is found.”

    • Chibok girls: Borno donates N10m to 276 parents on 11th anniversary

    Zulum said 18 of the 189 girls rescued so far are currently under the care of the state government.

    He said the girls are receiving psychosocial support, vocational training, and academic tutorials to prepare them for the senior school certificate examinations as part of a wider rehabilitation and reintegration programme.

    Mustapha Modu, chairman of Chibok LGA; Pogu Lawan, a representative in the state house of assembly; and Hauwa Mai Musa, the senior special adviser to the governor on women affairs, commended the government’s continued support for the Chibok community.

    In April 2023, the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) said about 93 schoolgirls were still in captivity.

    The federal government had promised to ensure the remaining schoolgirls are rescued, but many of the students are still in captivity 10 years after they were abducted.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    APC demands NASS takeover of Rivers Assembly

    Rivers assembly stops impeachment proceedings against Fubara

    EFCC accuses banks, fintechs of enabling N18.7bn fraud

    EFCC secures interim attachment order on nine mineral-laden trucks in Kwara

    Providus-Unity bank merger stalls over N4.8bn insider loans

    Unity Bank says merger with Providus firmly on track

    Nigeria digital trade platform for air, sea cargoes to launch March 2026

    Nigeria digital trade platform for air, sea cargoes to launch March 2026

    Oba Kehinde Falodun, the monarch of the Agamọ Community in the Akure North Local Government Area of Ondo State, was reportedly slain by suspected bandits.

    Ondo monarch killed by terrorists

    Canada flags Nigeria, 16 African countries as high-risk in new travel advisory

    Canada updates express entry for foreign professionals

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    APC demands NASS takeover of Rivers Assembly

    Rivers assembly stops impeachment proceedings against Fubara

    February 19, 2026
    EFCC accuses banks, fintechs of enabling N18.7bn fraud

    EFCC secures interim attachment order on nine mineral-laden trucks in Kwara

    February 19, 2026
    Providus-Unity bank merger stalls over N4.8bn insider loans

    Unity Bank says merger with Providus firmly on track

    February 19, 2026
    Nigeria digital trade platform for air, sea cargoes to launch March 2026

    Nigeria digital trade platform for air, sea cargoes to launch March 2026

    February 19, 2026
    Oba Kehinde Falodun, the monarch of the Agamọ Community in the Akure North Local Government Area of Ondo State, was reportedly slain by suspected bandits.

    Ondo monarch killed by terrorists

    February 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.