Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    FA Cup Crystal Palace whip Everton at Selhurst Park

    Crystal Palace waste lead to draw Zrinjski 1-1

    February 19, 2026
    Ghana fans at an Africa football game

    When African fans started reading the game like experts

    February 19, 2026
    Morocco seeks two years jail for 18 Senegalese fans

    Morocco seeks two years jail for 18 Senegalese fans

    February 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Crystal Palace waste lead to draw Zrinjski 1-1
    • When African fans started reading the game like experts
    • Morocco seeks two years jail for 18 Senegalese fans
    • NBA denies sharing $2,000 with SANs
    • Barinada Mpigi, Rivers senator dies at 64
    • Rivers assembly stops impeachment proceedings against Fubara
    • EFCC secures interim attachment order on nine mineral-laden trucks in Kwara
    • Unity Bank says merger with Providus firmly on track
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Thursday, February 19
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Newcastle appoint Eddie Howe as head coach

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorNovember 8, 2021No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Newcastle head coach Eddie Howe
    Newcastle head coach Eddie Howe
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Newcastle United have appointed Eddie Howe to succeed Steve Bruce as the Premier League club’s head coach.

    Howe, who has signed a contract until the summer of 2024, has not been in management since he left Bournemouth in August 2020 following relegation.

    “This is a wonderful opportunity, but there is also a lot of work ahead of us,” Howe told Newcastle’s website.

    He takes over with Newcastle 19th in the table, five points from safety after 11 games.

    Howe watched Newcastle’s 1-1 league draw at Brighton on Saturday from the stands.

    “I am eager to get onto the training ground to start working with the players,” he added.

    “I would like to thank the club’s owners for this opportunity and thank the club’s supporters for the incredible welcome they have already given me. I am very excited to begin our journey together.”

    The Magpies had approached Villarreal manager Unai Emery to take over as their new boss, but the Spaniard turned them down.

    • Unai Emery rejects Newcastle job

    Newcastle co-owner Amanda Staveley said the club had been “incredibly impressed” by Howe through what had been a “rigorous recruitment process”.

    She described Howe, whose first game in charge will be at home to Brentford on 20 November, as a “passionate” and “dynamic” coach.

    “He is a great fit for what we are trying to build here,” added Staveley.

    Bruce left Newcastle by mutual consent on 20 October, just 13 days after the Saudi Arabian-backed £305m takeover of the club was completed.

    Graeme Jones has been in interim charge and the Tyneside club have drawn with Crystal Palace and Brighton as well as losing to Chelsea under him.

    Howe took Bournemouth from the bottom of League Two to the Premier League, and kept the south coast club there for five seasons.

    He will be familiar with Newcastle players Callum Wilson, Ryan Fraser and Matt Ritchie having managed the trio at Bournemouth.

    They have a guy who knows the league, who knows what it is like in that position. He understands the league and what a big club Newcastle are and he will come back energised and it is a very wise signing.

    Three players in there that worked with him at Bournemouth – not too sure how Fraser will react with his ending at Bournemouth, that could be an interesting handshake.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    FA Cup Crystal Palace whip Everton at Selhurst Park

    Crystal Palace waste lead to draw Zrinjski 1-1

    Ghana fans at an Africa football game

    When African fans started reading the game like experts

    Morocco seeks two years jail for 18 Senegalese fans

    Morocco seeks two years jail for 18 Senegalese fans

    Vinicius Junior scored a spectacular winner for Real Madrid against Benfica in their Champions League play-off first leg, which was stopped for 10 minutes for alleged racist abuse.

    Vinicius gets support from football stars over racist abuse incident

    Club Brugge netted a thrilling late equalizer while battling back twice against Atletico Madrid, leaving their Champions League knockout phase play-off tie finely balanced.

    UCL: Club Brugge score late equalizer against Atletico Madrid

    Bodo/Glimt

    Bodo/Glimt get shocking 3-1 UCL victory over Inter Milan

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    FA Cup Crystal Palace whip Everton at Selhurst Park

    Crystal Palace waste lead to draw Zrinjski 1-1

    February 19, 2026
    Ghana fans at an Africa football game

    When African fans started reading the game like experts

    February 19, 2026
    Morocco seeks two years jail for 18 Senegalese fans

    Morocco seeks two years jail for 18 Senegalese fans

    February 19, 2026
    NBA denies sharing $2,000 with SANs

    NBA denies sharing $2,000 with SANs

    February 19, 2026
    Senator Barinada Mpigi, the lawmaker representing Rivers South-East Senatorial District and Chairman of the Senate Committee on Works.

    Barinada Mpigi, Rivers senator dies at 64

    February 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.