Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break

    Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break fast

    February 16, 2026
    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    FG files charges against El-Rufai for intercepting Ribadu’s phone

    February 16, 2026
    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break fast
    • FG files charges against El-Rufai for intercepting Ribadu’s phone
    • US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links
    • Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution
    • BREAKING: DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation
    • Nigerians ‘paying for darkness’, Ajaero slams power sector reform as failure
    • US embassy, consulate in Nigeria observe Presidents’ Day
    • National Assembly moves to shift 2027 presidential poll to Feb13
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Monday, February 16
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Natasha Akpoti resumes duty at senate after six-month suspension

    Opalim LiftedBy Opalim LiftedSeptember 23, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Natasha Akpoti disowns viral TikTok with pro-Tinubu song
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan, senator representing Kogi central, has formally resumed duties at the national assembly following the unsealing of her office after a six-month suspension.

    Natasha arrived at the assembly complex on Tuesday, September 23, accompanied by supporters, just hours after the sergeant-at-arms unlocked her office at suite 2.05 in the senate wing.

    “While we were in court, I read in the news that our office had been opened. I even saw a video of the clerk himself unlocking the door,” Natasha Akpoti told journalists before stepping inside.

    She noted that no formal communication had been issued to her about her reinstatement.

    “As at this moment, I have not been officially communicated to. I expect an institution like the National Assembly to follow administrative procedures, with written communication,” she said.

    “The last correspondence we received from the clerk stated that we were not allowed to resume, as it was within the purview of the Senate. But we are here today, and I intend to spend a few minutes in the office.”

    • Senate unseals Natasha Akpoti’s office

    The return led to a mild drama at the entrance to the senate wing as her supporters insisted on accompanying her inside. She then asked them to remain calm.

    “Those of you who want to come, it is your office, your right to be there, just as it is your right to be here in the people’s parliament. But I ask that you remain quiet and calm,” she said.

    “Your voices have been heard, your actions have been loud. Nigerians are proud of you, I am proud of you, and our ancestors are proud of you. Now, I will simply walk in.”

    Natasha Akpoti was suspended by the senate for alleged breaches of its standing rules.

    On July 4, however, the federal high court in Abuja declared the suspension “excessive and unconstitutional”, and implored the senate to consider her reinstatement.

    Despite the ruling, the national assembly management had maintained that she could not return without either a fresh senate resolution or a definitive court order.

    Her resumption on Tuesday marked the first time she had accessed her office since the suspension was imposed.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    FG files charges against El-Rufai for intercepting Ribadu’s phone

    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution

    Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution

    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    BREAKING: DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    Ajaero slams Nigeria power privatisation as failure

    Nigerians ‘paying for darkness’, Ajaero slams power sector reform as failure

    US Embassy, consulate in Nigeria observe Presidents’ Day

    US embassy, consulate in Nigeria observe Presidents’ Day

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break

    Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break fast

    February 16, 2026
    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    FG files charges against El-Rufai for intercepting Ribadu’s phone

    February 16, 2026
    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    February 16, 2026
    Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution

    Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution

    February 16, 2026
    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    BREAKING: DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.