Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    FCT: AMAC election peaceful, says ADC’s Paul Moses

    FCT: AMAC election peaceful, says ADC’s Paul Moses

    February 21, 2026
    FAAN warns travellers against selfie, filming others without consent

    FAAN warns travellers against selfie, filming others without consent

    February 21, 2026
    Voters were seen waiting for the commencement of voting on Saturday at the Lugbe polling center in Abuja, as officials of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) struggled to complete preparations.

    FCT Election: Voting yet to begin at Lugbe polling unit

    February 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • FCT: AMAC election peaceful, says ADC’s Paul Moses
    • FAAN warns travellers against selfie, filming others without consent
    • FCT Election: Voting yet to begin at Lugbe polling unit
    • Low voter turnout recorded at some FCT polling units
    • Peller escapes fire at Lagos mansion
    • Mirabel in police custody over false rape claim
    • LASTMA confirms one killed as tanker crashes in Lagos
    • Pastor to die by hanging for killing landlord in Akwa Ibom
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Saturday, February 21
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    N1.9bn Subsidy Fraud: Wagbatsoma knows fate Friday

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorJanuary 12, 2017No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Walter Wagbatsoma (left) in EFCC custody
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp
    Walter Wagbatsoma (left) in EFCC custody

    Justice Lateefa Okunnu of a Lagos State High Court, Ikeja, will on Friday January 13, 2017 deliver judgement in a N1.9 billion oil subsidy theft charge brought against Walter Wagbatsoma, Adaoha Ugo- Ndagi and Ontario Oil & Gas Limited by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC.

    They are alleged to have on July 7, 2010 obtained the sum of N340, 000,000 by false pretence from the Federal Government purporting the money to be subsidy payable to Ontario Oil and Gas Nigeria Limited.

    The offence is among several others brought against them by the EFCC in a case of conspiracy, obtaining property by false pretence, forgery and altering of documents.

    Justice Okunnu had earlier dismissed all three applications filed on behalf of Walter Wagbatsoma, Adaoha Ugo-Ngadi and their company, Ontario Oil and Gas Nigeria Limited, challenging the jurisdiction and competence of the lower court as well as a no-case submission, argued by the defendants.

    Their attempt to also use the Court of Appeal to stop their trial also failed. In a lead ruling delivered by Justice Amina Augie, on April 30, 2015, the appellate court again dismissed their applications to stop the trial, by affirming the jurisdiction of the lower court, and ordered him and others to “go and face trial”.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    FCT: AMAC election peaceful, says ADC’s Paul Moses

    FCT: AMAC election peaceful, says ADC’s Paul Moses

    FAAN warns travellers against selfie, filming others without consent

    FAAN warns travellers against selfie, filming others without consent

    Voters were seen waiting for the commencement of voting on Saturday at the Lugbe polling center in Abuja, as officials of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) struggled to complete preparations.

    FCT Election: Voting yet to begin at Lugbe polling unit

    There was low voter turnout on Saturday morning at several polling units in the Abuja Municipal Area Council during the Federal Capital Territory Area Council elections.

    Low voter turnout recorded at some FCT polling units

    Peller vows never to marry Nigerian woman, eyes foreign bride

    Peller escapes fire at Lagos mansion

    Mirabel: Police to arrest, prosecute TikToker over false rape claim

    Mirabel in police custody over false rape claim

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    FCT: AMAC election peaceful, says ADC’s Paul Moses

    FCT: AMAC election peaceful, says ADC’s Paul Moses

    February 21, 2026
    FAAN warns travellers against selfie, filming others without consent

    FAAN warns travellers against selfie, filming others without consent

    February 21, 2026
    Voters were seen waiting for the commencement of voting on Saturday at the Lugbe polling center in Abuja, as officials of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) struggled to complete preparations.

    FCT Election: Voting yet to begin at Lugbe polling unit

    February 21, 2026
    There was low voter turnout on Saturday morning at several polling units in the Abuja Municipal Area Council during the Federal Capital Territory Area Council elections.

    Low voter turnout recorded at some FCT polling units

    February 21, 2026
    Peller vows never to marry Nigerian woman, eyes foreign bride

    Peller escapes fire at Lagos mansion

    February 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.