Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    The terrorists who kidnapped about 35 worshippers from the Christ Apostolic Church, Oke-Igan, Eruku, in the Ekiti Local Government Area of Kwara State, have reportedly demanded N100 million ransom per victim.

    Kwara govt yet to release freed church abductees after one week

    November 29, 2025
    Terrorists now using satellite communication, says NASRDA

    Terrorists now using satellite communication, says NASRDA

    November 29, 2025
    Tax reforms: NOA launches nationwide campaign to counter misinformation

    Tax reforms: NOA launches nationwide campaign to counter misinformation

    November 29, 2025
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Kwara govt yet to release freed church abductees after one week
    • Terrorists now using satellite communication, says NASRDA
    • Tax reforms: NOA launches nationwide campaign to counter misinformation
    • Jonathan says Guinea Bissau coup painful than losing to Buhari
    • Nollywood actor Lere Paimo dies at 86
    • Terrorism: Northern governors get N56bn security votes
    • Obasanjo urges FG to stop negotiating with terrorists
    • Tinubu sets up national tax policy implementation committee
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Saturday, November 29
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    FG suspends N-Power indefinitely, probes scheme

    Vincent OsuwoBy Vincent OsuwoOctober 7, 2023No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    N585m Scandal: Betta Edu released on bail from EFCC detention
    Minister of Humanitarian Affairs and Poverty Alleviation, Betta Edu
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The Minister of Humanitarian Affairs and Poverty Alleviation, Betta Edu, stated that the Federal Government has suspended the N-Power scheme indefinitely.

    Edu made the disclosure while speaking during an interview on TVC News on Saturday.

    The suspension, according to her, was the result of several abnormalities discovered within the scheme.

    Edu stated that an investigation will be initiated into how money has been spent since the programme’s inception.

    Stating the reasons behind the suspension and what will follow, the minister noted, “We must go back to look into N-Power and understand what the problems are, so we will basically suspend the programme for now until we are done with a proper investigation into the utilization of funds in the N-Power programme.

    “We want to know how many people are basically on the programme right now, how many people are owed, and the amount they are owed. We are totally restructuring N-Power and expanding it.

    “There are lots going on. We met people who were supposed to have exited the programme last year, and they are still claiming that they are still teaching.

    “Sometimes we contact the school or the place where they are working and they are not there. They are not working yet, but they keep claiming that they are being owed eight or nine months of stipends.

    “About 80 percent of them are not working yet; they are claiming salaries.”

    Former President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration developed the N-Power Programme to combat young unemployment and promote social development.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    2027: Court asked to restrain Jonathan from contesting

    Jonathan says Guinea Bissau coup painful than losing to Buhari

    Minister for Justice and Attorney-General Abubakar Malami EFCC assets

    Malami promises to honour EFCC invitation

    Jonathan returns to Nigeria after Guinea-Bissau military takeover

    Goodluck Jonathan safe, out of Guinea-Bissau – FG

    Guinea-Bissau’s lawless President Embalo has no business in office, by Owei Lakemfa

    Guinea-Bissau coup undermines democratic process – FG

    ADC rejects Atiku Abubakar's membership

    Atiku says abducted Kebbi schoolgirls’ release not a victory

    Rhodes-Vivour urges FG to license firearms as insecurity worsens

    Rhodes-Vivour urges FG to license firearms as insecurity worsens

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    The terrorists who kidnapped about 35 worshippers from the Christ Apostolic Church, Oke-Igan, Eruku, in the Ekiti Local Government Area of Kwara State, have reportedly demanded N100 million ransom per victim.

    Kwara govt yet to release freed church abductees after one week

    November 29, 2025
    Terrorists now using satellite communication, says NASRDA

    Terrorists now using satellite communication, says NASRDA

    November 29, 2025
    Tax reforms: NOA launches nationwide campaign to counter misinformation

    Tax reforms: NOA launches nationwide campaign to counter misinformation

    November 29, 2025
    2027: Court asked to restrain Jonathan from contesting

    Jonathan says Guinea Bissau coup painful than losing to Buhari

    November 29, 2025
    Veteran Nollywood actor and cultural icon Lere Paimo

    Nollywood actor Lere Paimo dies at 86

    November 29, 2025
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2025 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.