Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Troops intercept N37m, terrorists’ supplies in Borno

    Troops intercept N37m, terrorists’ supplies in Borno

    February 17, 2026
    Presidency links El-Rufai’s thallium sulphate claim to N432bn Kaduna corruption probe

    El-Rufai in EFCC custody over N423bn Kaduna probe

    February 17, 2026
    ‘Godfather’ actor Robert Duvall dies at 95

    ‘Godfather’ actor Robert Duvall dies at 95

    February 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Troops intercept N37m, terrorists’ supplies in Borno
    • El-Rufai in EFCC custody over N423bn Kaduna probe
    • ‘Godfather’ actor Robert Duvall dies at 95
    • Social network X restored after global outage
    • Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others
    • US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links
    • Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack
    • Tinubu lauds Adamawa gov for infrastructure projects
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Tuesday, February 17
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    My life is in danger, Wike cries out

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorDecember 9, 2016No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    PDP expels Wike, Fayose, Anyanwu, others over anti-party activities
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp
    Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State
    Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State

    Governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Wike, has raised the alarm that the removal of his Chief Security Officer by the Police was a risk to his life.

    Speaking when the Inspector General of Police (IGP), Ibrahim Idris paid him a visit, Wike said that his CSO’s withdrawal meant that his life was now in danger.

    He told the IGP who was in Rivers on official duty that it was an affront to the government of the state to withdraw the CSO.

    ”The moment you touch my chief security officer, you are telling me that you are ready for me. As I sit here, I am empty, I have no protection.

    ”What you have done is the highest disrespect to the Office of the Governor.

    “I am pleading with you, my life is very important; I will not take any chief security officer you bring to me that I don’t know.

    ”This is a matter of security and protection, it is not what you do with levity,” he said.

    Wike said that the IGP did not consult him before redeploying the CSO adding that he was shocked by the IGPs statement that the CSO was withdrawn for misconduct.

    Wike who came to the defence of the security officer said that he only stopped an APC crowd from invading the government house.

    He urged the police to be unbiased during the election, saying that Rivers people would support an unbiased police but would resist any attempt to use security agencies for untoward electoral action.

    Wike accused the police of declaring a state-wide curfew in Rivers without consulting with the state security council.

    In his reponse, the IGP said that he was in the state to ensure peaceful elections.

    He urged the people of the state to support security agencies to ensure peaceful polls.

    Earlier, the IGP who was on official duty addressed 28,000 Police officers and men deployed for the re-run election in the state.

    According to him, logistics arrangements had been concluded.

    Idris said that three helicopters would be used for arial surveillance, each per senatorial district.

    He also said that 28 gun boats would be used by the police to patrol waterways in the state in collaboration with Nigerian Navy.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Troops intercept N37m, terrorists’ supplies in Borno

    Troops intercept N37m, terrorists’ supplies in Borno

    Presidency links El-Rufai’s thallium sulphate claim to N432bn Kaduna corruption probe

    El-Rufai in EFCC custody over N423bn Kaduna probe

    Social network X restored global outage

    Social network X restored after global outage

    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack

    Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Troops intercept N37m, terrorists’ supplies in Borno

    Troops intercept N37m, terrorists’ supplies in Borno

    February 17, 2026
    Presidency links El-Rufai’s thallium sulphate claim to N432bn Kaduna corruption probe

    El-Rufai in EFCC custody over N423bn Kaduna probe

    February 17, 2026
    ‘Godfather’ actor Robert Duvall dies at 95

    ‘Godfather’ actor Robert Duvall dies at 95

    February 17, 2026
    Social network X restored global outage

    Social network X restored after global outage

    February 16, 2026
    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.