Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Police impose 12-hour lockdown for FCT council elections

    Police impose 12-hour lockdown for FCT council elections

    February 21, 2026
    The Lagos State Internal Revenue Service has declared that it will use third-party agents to collect unpaid taxes from defaulting taxpayers, including banks, employers, debtors, tenants, and business partners.

    Lagos implements 5% withholding tax on gaming winnings

    February 20, 2026
    Oba Kehinde Falodun, the monarch of the Agamọ Community in the Akure North Local Government Area of Ondo State, was reportedly slain by suspected Terrorists.

    Terrorists kidnap three in fresh attack on Plateau community

    February 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Police impose 12-hour lockdown for FCT council elections
    • Lagos implements 5% withholding tax on gaming winnings
    • Terrorists kidnap three in fresh attack on Plateau community
    • Tinubu mourns death of naval chief Katagum
    • N738m fraud case: Judge rebukes Maina over delays
    • Police arrest Buhari’s ex-aide Obono-Obla over alleged certificate forgery 
    • Tinubu urges orderly conduct as Rivers, Kano, FCT vote Saturday
    • Lakurawa terrorists kill 33 in Kebbi’s attack
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Saturday, February 21
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Makinde seeks army base in Oloka after Oyo national park attack 

    Opalim LiftedBy Opalim LiftedJanuary 16, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Makinde to Osinbajo: I miss your leadership, things not the same under Tinubu's govt
    Oyo State governor Seyi Makinde
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Seyi Makinde, governor of Oyo state, on Friday visited the Old Oyo National Park in Oloka village, Oriire LGA, following an attack that claimed the lives of five forest guards.

    The governor was in the community to commiserate with residents and families of the slain officers, describing the incident as a criminal attack that must not go unpunished.

    Makinde had said the attack was carried out by cross-border bandits.

    He said security agencies have arrested three suspects believed to be directly linked to the attack and assured that they would be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

    Makinde expressed condolences to the bereaved families and prayed for the repose of the souls of the deceased officers.

    • ADC woos Jonathan, Saraki, Makinde in new expansion drive

    He announced that the state government would provide financial support of N5 million to each affected family, alongside scholarships for the children of the deceased officers, up to university level.

    The attack, which occurred earlier this month, has heightened panic in the community, with reports of residents fleeing the area over security concerns.

    Addressing the community, Makinde said his administration would take steps to strengthen security in the area.

    He shared plans to write to the chief of army staff to consider the establishment of a forward operating base in Oloka, noting that the state government would provide the required support to make the base operational.

    The governor also pledged to improve infrastructure and basic amenities in the community.

    “We will work towards improving the amenities there by including the road under RAAMP as well as providing boreholes and solar lighting,” Makinde said.

    In addition, Makinde said the state government would address poor telecommunications services in the area by supporting the installation of mobile network masts to improve communication and emergency response.

    He assured residents that his administration remains committed to restoring safety and normalcy to Oloka and surrounding communities.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Police impose 12-hour lockdown for FCT council elections

    Police impose 12-hour lockdown for FCT council elections

    The Lagos State Internal Revenue Service has declared that it will use third-party agents to collect unpaid taxes from defaulting taxpayers, including banks, employers, debtors, tenants, and business partners.

    Lagos implements 5% withholding tax on gaming winnings

    Oba Kehinde Falodun, the monarch of the Agamọ Community in the Akure North Local Government Area of Ondo State, was reportedly slain by suspected Terrorists.

    Terrorists kidnap three in fresh attack on Plateau community

    President Bola Tinubu has expressed sadness over the demise of the Chief of Naval Operations of the Nigerian Navy, Rear Admiral Musa Katagum, who passed away on Thursday after a protracted illness.

    Tinubu mourns death of naval chief Katagum

    N738m fraud case: Judge rebukes Maina over delays

    N738m fraud case: Judge rebukes Maina over delays

    Police arrest Buhari's ex-aide Obono-Obla over alleged certificate forgery 

    Police arrest Buhari’s ex-aide Obono-Obla over alleged certificate forgery 

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Police impose 12-hour lockdown for FCT council elections

    Police impose 12-hour lockdown for FCT council elections

    February 21, 2026
    The Lagos State Internal Revenue Service has declared that it will use third-party agents to collect unpaid taxes from defaulting taxpayers, including banks, employers, debtors, tenants, and business partners.

    Lagos implements 5% withholding tax on gaming winnings

    February 20, 2026
    Oba Kehinde Falodun, the monarch of the Agamọ Community in the Akure North Local Government Area of Ondo State, was reportedly slain by suspected Terrorists.

    Terrorists kidnap three in fresh attack on Plateau community

    February 20, 2026
    President Bola Tinubu has expressed sadness over the demise of the Chief of Naval Operations of the Nigerian Navy, Rear Admiral Musa Katagum, who passed away on Thursday after a protracted illness.

    Tinubu mourns death of naval chief Katagum

    February 20, 2026
    N738m fraud case: Judge rebukes Maina over delays

    N738m fraud case: Judge rebukes Maina over delays

    February 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.