Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Osasuna

    Osasuna defeat Real Madrid 2-1 in thrilling La Liga clash

    February 21, 2026
    Obidient movement lament IREV glitch in FCT polls

    Obidient movement lament IREV glitch in FCT polls

    February 21, 2026
    APC demands cancellation of Kano by-election over violence

    APC demands cancellation of Kano by-election over violence

    February 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Osasuna defeat Real Madrid 2-1 in thrilling La Liga clash
    • Obidient movement lament IREV glitch in FCT polls
    • APC demands cancellation of Kano by-election over violence
    • Aston Villa comeback to play 1-1 draw against Leeds
    • Rivers bye-election peaceful, orderly amid voter apathy – INEC REC
    • Burnley score late to snatch draw against Chelsea
    • Chelsea sign new sponsorship deal with AI firm IFS
    • Rivers: Khana constituency 2 bye-election ends, results pending
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Sunday, February 22
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Kidnappers free 6 kidnap victims in Abuja after collecting N6million ransom

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorOctober 17, 2019No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Heavily armed police personnel at Supreme Court premises
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp
    The Police Command in Abuja on Wednesday confirmed the rescue of six out of the 10 persons abducted last week by unknown gunmen at Pegi and Dafara community in Kuje Area Council.

    Deputy Superintendent of Police, Anjuguri Manzahp, Public Relations Officer said in a statement that a joint operation comprising the Police and other security agencies had been set up to ensure that all the kidnapped victims are set free.

     

    He disclosed said the security agencies were working round the clock to rescue the victims even as he urged residents of FCT to be calm and support the ongoing operation with useful information to the police.

     

    He said، “The police are reassuring the public that it will not relent in its effort until the activities of these hoodlums and other crimes are permanently checked.

     

    “Further steps are also being made to engage relevant stakeholders in various communities as part of renewed effort to check this crime,” the statement read in part.

    READ: Bode George spreading fake news, says Osinbajo

     

    It was gathered that the freed victims including children, were let off the hook after payment of ransom put at about #6million by their families, an amount confirmed by the Chief of Pegi community, Mr Irimiah Sarki, while speaking with newsmen.

     

    Chief Irimiah said some victims were molested over the failure of their family members to meet the ransom demanded.

     

    He said the six freed victims have reported to my palace adding, “Some paid N3 million, N2 million, N1 million and some N800,000 depending on the negotiations with the kidnappers.

     

    He disclosed that four victims are yet to be released including a Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps officer with one of his son.

     

    The FCT police command had last week confirmed the abduction of the 10 people at Pegi and Dafara communities in Kuje area council . Nigeria News

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Obidient movement lament IREV glitch in FCT polls

    Obidient movement lament IREV glitch in FCT polls

    APC demands cancellation of Kano by-election over violence

    APC demands cancellation of Kano by-election over violence

    Rivers bye-election peaceful, orderly amid voter apathy – INEC REC

    Rivers bye-election peaceful, orderly amid voter apathy – INEC REC

    Rivers bye-election peaceful, orderly amid voter apathy – INEC REC

    Rivers: Khana constituency 2 bye-election ends, results pending

    The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), New Nigerian Peoples Party (NNPP), and African Democratic Congress (AD) are missing on the ballot papers for the Kano State House of Assembly by-election holding on Saturday, as reported by Arise News.

    PDP, NNPP, ADC missing on ballot papers of Kano by-election

    FCT: AMAC election peaceful, says ADC’s Paul Moses

    FCT: AMAC election peaceful, says ADC’s Paul Moses

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Osasuna

    Osasuna defeat Real Madrid 2-1 in thrilling La Liga clash

    February 21, 2026
    Obidient movement lament IREV glitch in FCT polls

    Obidient movement lament IREV glitch in FCT polls

    February 21, 2026
    APC demands cancellation of Kano by-election over violence

    APC demands cancellation of Kano by-election over violence

    February 21, 2026
    Malen scores twice in Aston Villa 2-1 win against Young Boys

    Aston Villa comeback to play 1-1 draw against Leeds

    February 21, 2026
    Rivers bye-election peaceful, orderly amid voter apathy – INEC REC

    Rivers bye-election peaceful, orderly amid voter apathy – INEC REC

    February 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.