Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Two killed, five injured in APC ward congress in Ondo

    Two killed, five injured in APC ward congress in Ondo

    February 18, 2026
    Gas leak in Plateau mine kills 37, others hospitalised

    Gas leak in Plateau mine kills 37, others hospitalised

    February 18, 2026
    Governor Uba Sani of Kaduna State has approved 50 Christians from the state to embark on a holy pilgrimage, ending an 11-year suspension of the program.

    Kaduna ends El-Rufai’s ban, approves 50 Christians for pilgrimage

    February 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Two killed, five injured in APC ward congress in Ondo
    • Gas leak in Plateau mine kills 37, others hospitalised
    • Kaduna ends El-Rufai’s ban, approves 50 Christians for pilgrimage
    • Troops rescue victim, kill five kidnappers in Plateau
    • Vinicius, racism and Mourinho’s hideous reaction, by Bamidele Johnson 
    • Dangote predicts Naira at N1,100/dollar in 2026
    • Wike berates Amaechi over NASS protest appearance with doctor son
    • Residents flee to Benin Republic as terrorists invade Niger again
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Wednesday, February 18
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Kenya eases travel requirements for African visitors

    Opalim LiftedBy Opalim LiftedJanuary 22, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    'Are Kenyan Men Too Slow?’ – Ruto Comments on Growing Trend of Intermarriage
    President William Ruto
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The Kenyan government has approved recommendations to enhance its electronic travel authorisation (eTA) system for African visitors.

    The approval was granted during the federal government’s first cabinet meeting of the year chaired by President William Ruto.

    A statement issued by the State House said the meeting was held to discuss ways of driving transformative change in Kenya.

    Improving traveller experience and tourism were some of the priorities.

    “As part of efforts to support open skies policies and tourism growth, a key proposal is to grant eTA exemptions to all African countries — except Somalia and Libya — due to security concerns,” the statement reads.

    “This initiative aims to promote regional integration and ease travel across the continent.”

    • Ruto nominates Kindiki, interior minister as Kenya’s new vice president

    The statement said most African visitors will be allowed a two-month stay while East African Community (EAC) nationals will continue to enjoy a six-month stay under the bloc’s free movement protocols.

    “To improve efficiency, an expedited eTA processing option will be introduced, allowing travelers to receive approval instantly, with processing time capped at 72 hours based on operational capacity,” the State House added.

    “Additionally, the introduction of an Advanced Passenger Information/Passenger Name Record system will enhance pre-screening, strengthen security, and streamline passenger processing at entry points.”

    The statement said the cabinet mandated the secretaries of national treasury, transport, interior, and tourism to review, report, and propose guidelines to improve travellers’ experience at all Kenyan airports within a week.

    Last year, Kenya introduced a “visa-free” policy that required most visitors to apply online for authorisation before leaving their countries.

    However, the introduction of the eTA, which replaced the visa requirement for all visitors, was criticised as a “visa by another name”.

    The eTA fee is $30 and valid for 90 days.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Two killed, five injured in APC ward congress in Ondo

    Two killed, five injured in APC ward congress in Ondo

    Gas leak in Plateau mine kills 37, others hospitalised

    Gas leak in Plateau mine kills 37, others hospitalised

    Governor Uba Sani of Kaduna State has approved 50 Christians from the state to embark on a holy pilgrimage, ending an 11-year suspension of the program.

    Kaduna ends El-Rufai’s ban, approves 50 Christians for pilgrimage

    Troops nab 25 suspected bandits, kidnappers along Benue highway 

    Troops rescue victim, kill five kidnappers in Plateau

    Dangote predicts Naira at N1,100 per dollar in 2026

    Dangote predicts Naira at N1,100/dollar in 2026

    You have a spiritual problem – Wike blasts Amaechi over property claims

    Wike berates Amaechi over NASS protest appearance with doctor son

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Two killed, five injured in APC ward congress in Ondo

    Two killed, five injured in APC ward congress in Ondo

    February 18, 2026
    Gas leak in Plateau mine kills 37, others hospitalised

    Gas leak in Plateau mine kills 37, others hospitalised

    February 18, 2026
    Governor Uba Sani of Kaduna State has approved 50 Christians from the state to embark on a holy pilgrimage, ending an 11-year suspension of the program.

    Kaduna ends El-Rufai’s ban, approves 50 Christians for pilgrimage

    February 18, 2026
    Troops nab 25 suspected bandits, kidnappers along Benue highway 

    Troops rescue victim, kill five kidnappers in Plateau

    February 18, 2026
    Vinicius, racism and mourinho’s hideous reaction, by Bamidele Johnson

    Vinicius, racism and Mourinho’s hideous reaction, by Bamidele Johnson 

    February 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.