Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    FG files charges against El-Rufai for intercepting Ribadu’s phone

    February 16, 2026
    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    February 16, 2026
    Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution

    Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • FG files charges against El-Rufai for intercepting Ribadu’s phone
    • US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links
    • Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution
    • BREAKING: DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation
    • Nigerians ‘paying for darkness’, Ajaero slams power sector reform as failure
    • US embassy, consulate in Nigeria observe Presidents’ Day
    • National Assembly moves to shift 2027 presidential poll to Feb13
    • Tinubu demands release of South Sudan VP Machar
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Monday, February 16
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Kano govt investigates killing of two students

    Vincent OsuwoBy Vincent OsuwoJuly 16, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    A clash between some Benue and Hausa people at a fruit market in Oil Mill, Obio/Akpor Local Government Area, Rivers State, on Saturday resulted in one fatality.
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Dr Ali Makoda, Kano State Commissioner of Education, has ordered a thorough investigation into the mysterious deaths of two students at the Government Boarding Secondary School, Bichi.

    The slain students, Hamza Tofawa and Umar Dungurawa, were allegedly attacked by colleagues with “Gwale-Gwale” metal objects.

    This is contained in a statement issued by the ministry’s Director of Public Enlightenment, Balarabe Kiru, which Chronicle NG obtained on Wednesday.

    According to the statement, the commissioner, speaking via the permanent secretary of the ministry, Bashir Muhammad, said that the state government will conduct a fair and transparent investigation, guaranteeing justice for all those concerned.

    “It was reported that the brutal act followed a decision taken by some senior students to treat the deceased as punishment for allegedly committing an offence,” he said.

    The Permanent Secretary, who had already visited the school, warned students to be vigilant and avoid taking the law into their own hands.

    • Mob kill two travellers in Benue

    • Mob set bus ablaze in Plateau, kill 12

    “You should avoid taking the law into your hands but rather make sure you report any matter of concern to the school authority for appropriate action,” the Permanent Secretary was quoted as saying.

    He also expressed sympathy for the bereaved families and other relatives, saying, “On behalf of the Kano State Government, Ministry of Education, and the good people of Kano State, we extend our condolences to the family of the deceased and pray for Almighty Allah to grant their souls Jannatul Firdaus.”

    The Director of the Secondary School, Kano State Senior Secondary School Management Board, Abbas Abdullahi, expressed regret for the occurrence and emphasised the importance of pupils not abusing their privileges and breaking the law. ‎

    “Kano State Government has promised to leave no stone unturned in uncovering the truth behind the tragic incident,” he added.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    FG files charges against El-Rufai for intercepting Ribadu’s phone

    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution

    Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution

    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    BREAKING: DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    Ajaero slams Nigeria power privatisation as failure

    Nigerians ‘paying for darkness’, Ajaero slams power sector reform as failure

    US Embassy, consulate in Nigeria observe Presidents’ Day

    US embassy, consulate in Nigeria observe Presidents’ Day

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    FG files charges against El-Rufai for intercepting Ribadu’s phone

    February 16, 2026
    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    February 16, 2026
    Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution

    Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution

    February 16, 2026
    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    BREAKING: DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    February 16, 2026
    Ajaero slams Nigeria power privatisation as failure

    Nigerians ‘paying for darkness’, Ajaero slams power sector reform as failure

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.