Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    FA Cup Crystal Palace whip Everton at Selhurst Park

    Crystal Palace waste lead to draw Zrinjski 1-1

    February 19, 2026
    Ghana fans at an Africa football game

    When African fans started reading the game like experts

    February 19, 2026
    Morocco seeks two years jail for 18 Senegalese fans

    Morocco seeks two years jail for 18 Senegalese fans

    February 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Crystal Palace waste lead to draw Zrinjski 1-1
    • When African fans started reading the game like experts
    • Morocco seeks two years jail for 18 Senegalese fans
    • NBA denies sharing $2,000 with SANs
    • Barinada Mpigi, Rivers senator dies at 64
    • Rivers assembly stops impeachment proceedings against Fubara
    • EFCC secures interim attachment order on nine mineral-laden trucks in Kwara
    • Unity Bank says merger with Providus firmly on track
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Friday, February 20
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Jack Wilshere announces departure from Arsenal

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorJune 19, 2018No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Jack Wilshere has announced he will leave Arsenal this month
    Jack Wilshere has retired from football aged 30
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp
    Jack Wilshere has announced he will leave Arsenal this month
    Jack Wilshere has announced he will leave Arsenal this month

    Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere says he will leave the club when his contract expires at the end of June.

    The 26-year-old England international made his Gunners debut in 2008 and has made 197 first-team appearances.

    However, his future at Emirates Stadium was in doubt following the arrival of new manager Unai Emery.

    “I felt that I was ultimately left with little choice but to make the decision that I have due to purely footballing reasons,” he wrote on Instagram.

    “Such was my desire to stay that I had in fact recently agreed to sign a financially reduced contract in order to commit my future to the club.

    “My intention throughout these discussions has always been to remain an Arsenal player. I have been on the books at Arsenal for 17 years and have always felt part of the fabric of the club.

    READ: Arsenal to announce double signing, Chelsea set to appoint Zola

    “Following my meeting with the new manager I was made aware that although the reduced contract offer remained, it was made clear to me that my playing time would be significantly reduced should I decide to stay.

    “I am sure everyone can understand that at this point in my life and career I need to be playing first-team football and following my meeting with Mr Emery I came away feeling that it would be very difficult for me to do so at Arsenal.

    “Given this, I feel I have no option but to pursue other opportunities in order to progress my career on the pitch.”

    Wilshere signed a five-and-a-half-year deal in 2012, and had been in talks “for a number of months” about a new contract.

    He was part of the 2014 and 2015 FA Cup-winning sides and helped the Gunners beat Manchester City 3-0 in the 2014 Community Shield at Wembley.

    In March, then Gunners manager Arsene Wenger, who left at the end of the season, said Wilshere was offered a new deal earlier in the year, understood at the time to be worth less than his expiring deal, but heavily incentivised because of his injury record.

    After spending the 2016-17 campaign on loan at fellow Premier League side Bournemouth, he returned to Arsenal and made 38 appearances last season, but did not make Gareth Southgate’s England World Cup squad.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    FA Cup Crystal Palace whip Everton at Selhurst Park

    Crystal Palace waste lead to draw Zrinjski 1-1

    Ghana fans at an Africa football game

    When African fans started reading the game like experts

    Morocco seeks two years jail for 18 Senegalese fans

    Morocco seeks two years jail for 18 Senegalese fans

    Vinicius Junior scored a spectacular winner for Real Madrid against Benfica in their Champions League play-off first leg, which was stopped for 10 minutes for alleged racist abuse.

    Vinicius gets support from football stars over racist abuse incident

    Club Brugge netted a thrilling late equalizer while battling back twice against Atletico Madrid, leaving their Champions League knockout phase play-off tie finely balanced.

    UCL: Club Brugge score late equalizer against Atletico Madrid

    Bodo/Glimt

    Bodo/Glimt get shocking 3-1 UCL victory over Inter Milan

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    FA Cup Crystal Palace whip Everton at Selhurst Park

    Crystal Palace waste lead to draw Zrinjski 1-1

    February 19, 2026
    Ghana fans at an Africa football game

    When African fans started reading the game like experts

    February 19, 2026
    Morocco seeks two years jail for 18 Senegalese fans

    Morocco seeks two years jail for 18 Senegalese fans

    February 19, 2026
    NBA denies sharing $2,000 with SANs

    NBA denies sharing $2,000 with SANs

    February 19, 2026
    Senator Barinada Mpigi, the lawmaker representing Rivers South-East Senatorial District and Chairman of the Senate Committee on Works.

    Barinada Mpigi, Rivers senator dies at 64

    February 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.