Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Social network X restored global outage

    Social network X restored after global outage

    February 16, 2026
    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    February 16, 2026
    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Social network X restored after global outage
    • Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others
    • US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links
    • Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack
    • Tinubu lauds Adamawa gov for infrastructure projects
    • APC apologies for listing late army general, serving justice as stakeholders
    • Natasha in fresh clash at senate committee chairman’s office
    • Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break fast
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Tuesday, February 17
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    International Manhunt for Swiss Chainsaw Attack

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorJuly 25, 2017No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    A new image of suspect Franz Wrousis was issued by police on Tuesday
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    A new image of suspect Franz Wrousis was issued by police on Tuesday

    Swiss police have issued an international arrest warrant after a man went on the rampage with a chainsaw in the town of Schaffhausen.

    Suspect Franz Wrousis, 50, is still on the run more than 24 hours after the attack on a local health insurance office close to the German border.

    Five people were hurt. The victim with the most serious wounds is now out of danger, police said.

    They believe the suspect is still armed with the chainsaw.

    Police released a new photo of Franz Wrousis on Tuesday and said he had convictions for weapons offences in 2014 and 2016. “Anyone who sees him should avoid him,” a spokesman warned.

    They said he had been wearing the same green jacket shown in the picture and that he was carrying three bags, including a black bin-type bag thought to contain the chainsaw.

    Police with dogs spent the night searching an area close to the German border.
    However, officials in the German state of Baden-Württemberg said there was no evidence that the suspect had left Switzerland.

    A blurred police picture showed the suspect carrying three bags

    The suspect was said to have lived in local forests close to the border for some time, and photos issued by police on Monday showed a man of dishevelled appearance.

    The attack unfolded shortly after 10:30 (08:30 GMT) on Monday, when two workers were attacked and wounded by a chainsaw at the CSS insurance office. One was badly hurt and needed surgery in hospital.

    Police said Franz Wrousis had been a customer of the agency.

    Two customers suffered shock and a bystander was slightly hurt during the ensuing security operation, police said.
    The suspect’s vehicle was found on Monday and prosecutors warned he was “aggressive and dangerous”.

    As the manhunt continued on Tuesday, all the insurance agency’s offices were shut in the immediate area and children’s holiday activities were cancelled.

    Swiss police are searching for this man
    Franz Wrousis looked very different in the initial handout pictures released by Swiss police

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Social network X restored global outage

    Social network X restored after global outage

    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack

    Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack

    Emergency rule: Court to decide if Tinubu can remove elected officials March 9

    Tinubu lauds Adamawa gov for infrastructure projects

    APC apologies for listing late army general, serving justice as stakeholders

    APC apologies for listing late army general, serving justice as stakeholders

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Social network X restored global outage

    Social network X restored after global outage

    February 16, 2026
    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    February 16, 2026
    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    February 16, 2026
    Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack

    Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack

    February 16, 2026
    Emergency rule: Court to decide if Tinubu can remove elected officials March 9

    Tinubu lauds Adamawa gov for infrastructure projects

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.