Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Sultan of Sokoto

    Sultan confirms moon sighting, declares Wednesday beginning of Ramadan

    February 17, 2026
    Galatasaray will head to Turin with a three-goal advantage after recovering from a deficit to defeat Juventus in an intense first leg of their Champions League knockout phase playoff tie.

    Galatasaray thrash Juventus 5-2 in thrilling UCL clash

    February 17, 2026
    Senate approves electronic transmission of results, permits manual upload as backup

    Senate passes Electoral Act Amendment Bill

    February 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Sultan confirms moon sighting, declares Wednesday beginning of Ramadan
    • Galatasaray thrash Juventus 5-2 in thrilling UCL clash
    • Senate passes Electoral Act Amendment Bill
    • 100 US troops arrive in Nigeria for counterterrorism support
    • Terrorists abduct six travelers in Benue
    • House of Reps row over electoral act amendment bill
    • Saka extends Arsenal stay with fresh five-year contract
    • Rapist: Lagos seeks help to locate victim raped in her home
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Wednesday, February 18
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    ICPC recovers N1.85bn from Gen. Buratai’s home, office

    Michael RightBy Michael RightJune 24, 2022No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Nigeria’s Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Tukur Buratai
    Former Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Tukur Buratai
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    ICPC operatives have conducted an operation that led to the recovery of over a billion naira from the former chief of army staff Tukur Buratai.

    The operation, conducted last week, also led to the recovery of over 50 luxury watches, including at least two Rolex varieties, from the former military commander, according to anti-graft officials familiar with the matter.

    A source said the ICPC was tipped off about the cash haul by the Nigerian Financial Intelligence Unit, NFIU, during a probe of a man identified only as Salisu.

    “NFIU discovered that N500 million was paid into Salisu’s account at once and quickly flagged it,” an ICPC source said. “When Salisu was queried he said he was a military contractor, but he was unable to show any evidence of carrying out any contract for the military.”

    • Kwara Govt Confirms First Case Of MonkeyPox

    According to our sources, the NFIU then turned the case over to the ICPC, which dispatched its agents to carry out further inquiries.

    When contacted for information regarding the NFIU’s involvement in the operation, a representative did not return calls right away.

    SaharaReporters, who first reported the raid on Thursday night, pegged the amount of money recovered at at N1.85 billion.

    A raid on Mr. Salisu’s home during the ICPC investigation resulted in the recovery of “hundreds of millions of naira, all in new notes,” our source stated.

    After the Abuja property was connected to Mr. Buratai, he swiftly left his diplomatic post in the Benin Republic to settle the issue, which resulted in Salisu’s release.

    Detectives are looking into the case because they think it may be connected to earmarks for government weaponry purchases.

    One of our informants continued, “We found that Buratai owns the property, and he has been collaborating with the individual to steal military monies for many years. It is regrettable that Nigerian soldiers are suffering on the front lines of battle because of a lack of supplies.

    A request for comment made late on Thursday night went unanswered by an ICPC representative.

    The anti-graft office lacked a permit to examine Mr. Buratai’s property, the Nigerian ambassador to the Benin Republic.

    “Nobody obtained any warrants to search my place,” Mr Buratai said by telephone. He abruptly disconnected the call when asked whether or not he was confirming the raid and cash recovery from his property — and did not answer subsequent attempts.

    The recovery marked the latest in regular cash recoveries from government officials under President Muhammadu Buhari, who cruised to office in 2015 repeating his anti-corruption credentials.

     

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Sultan of Sokoto

    Sultan confirms moon sighting, declares Wednesday beginning of Ramadan

    Senate approves electronic transmission of results, permits manual upload as backup

    Senate passes Electoral Act Amendment Bill

    100 US troops arrive in Nigeria for counterterrorism support

    100 US troops arrive in Nigeria for counterterrorism support

    Kwara: No fewer than nine worshipers were abducted on Sunday by Terrorists during a vigil at St. John’s Catholic Church in Ojije, Utonkon District of Ado Local Government Area, Benue State.

    Terrorists abduct six travelers in Benue

    Reps row over electoral act amendment bill

    House of Reps row over electoral act amendment bill

    Rapist: Lagos seeks help to locate victim raped in her home

    Rapist: Lagos seeks help to locate victim raped in her home

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Sultan of Sokoto

    Sultan confirms moon sighting, declares Wednesday beginning of Ramadan

    February 17, 2026
    Galatasaray will head to Turin with a three-goal advantage after recovering from a deficit to defeat Juventus in an intense first leg of their Champions League knockout phase playoff tie.

    Galatasaray thrash Juventus 5-2 in thrilling UCL clash

    February 17, 2026
    Senate approves electronic transmission of results, permits manual upload as backup

    Senate passes Electoral Act Amendment Bill

    February 17, 2026
    100 US troops arrive in Nigeria for counterterrorism support

    100 US troops arrive in Nigeria for counterterrorism support

    February 17, 2026
    Kwara: No fewer than nine worshipers were abducted on Sunday by Terrorists during a vigil at St. John’s Catholic Church in Ojije, Utonkon District of Ado Local Government Area, Benue State.

    Terrorists abduct six travelers in Benue

    February 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.