Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Vinicius Junior scored a spectacular winner for Real Madrid against Benfica in their Champions League play-off first leg, which was stopped for 10 minutes for alleged racist abuse.

    Vinicius scores winner despite racist abuse in Benfica clash

    February 18, 2026
    2027: Tinubu appoints Uba Sani to lead APC mobilisation

    2027: Tinubu appoints Uba Sani to lead APC mobilisation

    February 18, 2026
    Tinubu vows to crush terrorism, says insecurity hurts Nigeria’s economy

    Tinubu advocates fairer African financial system

    February 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Vinicius scores winner despite racist abuse in Benfica clash
    • 2027: Tinubu appoints Uba Sani to lead APC mobilisation
    • Tinubu advocates fairer African financial system
    • Sultan confirms moon sighting, declares Wednesday beginning of Ramadan
    • Galatasaray thrash Juventus 5-2 in thrilling UCL clash
    • Senate passes Electoral Act Amendment Bill
    • Opposition lawmakers stage walk out over manual collation of results as backup
    • 100 US troops arrive in Nigeria for counterterrorism support
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Wednesday, February 18
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Ibom Air bans passenger after violent attack on crew during Uyo–Lagos flight

    David GreatBy David GreatAugust 11, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Ibom Air
    Ibom Air
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Ibom Air has placed a permanent travel restriction on a passenger, Ms. Comfort Emmanson, after she allegedly assaulted crew members and security personnel during and after a flight from Uyo to Lagos on Sunday, August 10, 2025.

    According to a press statement issued by the airline, the incident began shortly before take-off from Uyo when Ms. Emmanson was instructed to switch off her mobile phone in line with standard aviation safety procedures.

    The airline said she “bluntly refused to comply until the Pilot-in-Command made an announcement,” after which another passenger seated beside her switched off the phone. This, the airline stated, “prompted a verbal tirade” from Ms. Emmanson, but the situation was calmed and the flight departed as scheduled.

    Upon arrival in Lagos, the statement noted, Ms. Emmanson waited for other passengers to disembark before confronting the Purser who had earlier instructed her to turn off the phone.

    Ibom Air alleged she “stepped on her, forcibly tore off her wig, removed her glasses and threw it to the floor, and used her footwear to assault her.” She allegedly slapped the Purser several times and attacked another cabin crew member who tried to intervene.

    • Comfort Emmanson: Police probe passenger’s violent attack on Ibom Air crew, security personnel

    The airline further claimed that Ms. Emmanson then attempted to remove a fire extinguisher “to use as a weapon, an act that could have damaged and grounded the aircraft.” The Pilot-in-Command reportedly alerted airport security, and video footage circulating online shows the Purser preventing Ms. Emmanson from leaving the aircraft until help arrived.

    Ibom Air said that even after the arrival of both Ibom Air and Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) security personnel, the passenger “attacked them as well, lashing out violently.” She was eventually restrained and forcibly removed from the aircraft, but allegedly continued her assault on the ramp, including slapping the ground supervisor.

    The airline confirmed that FAAN security took Ms. Emmanson into custody and handed her over to the Nigeria Police Force for further investigation.

    “Ibom Air reiterates its zero-tolerance policy towards any form of unruly or violent conduct that threatens the safety of passengers, crew, or equipment. Such behavior will be met with the strongest possible response, including legal action and permanent restriction from our services,” the statement read.

    The airline commended “the bravery and professionalism of our crew in handling this situation under extremely challenging circumstances, as well as the swift support from airport security and the Nigeria Police.”

    It stressed that safety remains its highest priority, urging passengers to “comply with crew instructions at all times for the safety, security, and comfort of everyone on board.”

     

     

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    2027: Tinubu appoints Uba Sani to lead APC mobilisation

    2027: Tinubu appoints Uba Sani to lead APC mobilisation

    Tinubu vows to crush terrorism, says insecurity hurts Nigeria’s economy

    Tinubu advocates fairer African financial system

    Sultan of Sokoto

    Sultan confirms moon sighting, declares Wednesday beginning of Ramadan

    Senate approves electronic transmission of results, permits manual upload as backup

    Senate passes Electoral Act Amendment Bill

    Opposition lawmakers stage walk out over manual collation of results as backup

    Opposition lawmakers stage walk out over manual collation of results as backup

    100 US troops arrive in Nigeria for counterterrorism support

    100 US troops arrive in Nigeria for counterterrorism support

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Vinicius Junior scored a spectacular winner for Real Madrid against Benfica in their Champions League play-off first leg, which was stopped for 10 minutes for alleged racist abuse.

    Vinicius scores winner despite racist abuse in Benfica clash

    February 18, 2026
    2027: Tinubu appoints Uba Sani to lead APC mobilisation

    2027: Tinubu appoints Uba Sani to lead APC mobilisation

    February 18, 2026
    Tinubu vows to crush terrorism, says insecurity hurts Nigeria’s economy

    Tinubu advocates fairer African financial system

    February 18, 2026
    Sultan of Sokoto

    Sultan confirms moon sighting, declares Wednesday beginning of Ramadan

    February 17, 2026
    Galatasaray will head to Turin with a three-goal advantage after recovering from a deficit to defeat Juventus in an intense first leg of their Champions League knockout phase playoff tie.

    Galatasaray thrash Juventus 5-2 in thrilling UCL clash

    February 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.