Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    The Lagos State Internal Revenue Service has declared that it will use third-party agents to collect unpaid taxes from defaulting taxpayers, including banks, employers, debtors, tenants, and business partners.

    Lagos implements 5% withholding tax on gaming winnings

    February 20, 2026
    Oba Kehinde Falodun, the monarch of the Agamọ Community in the Akure North Local Government Area of Ondo State, was reportedly slain by suspected Terrorists.

    Terrorists kidnap three in fresh attack on Plateau community

    February 20, 2026
    President Bola Tinubu has expressed sadness over the demise of the Chief of Naval Operations of the Nigerian Navy, Rear Admiral Musa Katagum, who passed away on Thursday after a protracted illness.

    Tinubu mourns death of naval chief Katagum

    February 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Lagos implements 5% withholding tax on gaming winnings
    • Terrorists kidnap three in fresh attack on Plateau community
    • Tinubu mourns death of naval chief Katagum
    • N738m fraud case: Judge rebukes Maina over delays
    • Police arrest Buhari’s ex-aide Obono-Obla over alleged certificate forgery 
    • Tinubu urges orderly conduct as Rivers, Kano, FCT vote Saturday
    • Lakurawa terrorists kill 33 in Kebbi’s attack
    • Plateau inaugurates panel to probe VIO misconduct
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Friday, February 20
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Harvey Weinstein vows to conquer sexual harassment ‘demons’

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorOctober 5, 2017No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Harvey Weinstein has tested positive for coronavirus
    Harvey Weinstein has tested positive for coronavirus
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp
    Harvey Weinstein says he respect all women and regret what happened

    Film producer Harvey Weinstein has issued an apology as a newspaper reported a number of sexual harassment allegations against him.

    “I appreciate the way I’ve behaved with colleagues in the past has caused a lot of pain, and I sincerely apologize for it,” said the movie mogul’s statement.

    But he later disputed a New York Times report that claimed he harassed female employees over nearly three decades.

    The newspaper reported he had reached at least eight settlements with women.

    Mr Weinstein, a married father-of-five, said he planned to take a leave of absence from his company and had hired therapists to deal with his issue.

    READ: Lagos CP lauds Area E Command for low crime rate

    “My journey now will be to learn about myself and conquer my demons,” the 65-year-old’s statement on Thursday said.

    “I so respect all women and regret what happened,” he added in the statement initially given to the New York Times, and later sent to the BBC.

    It continued: “I cannot be more remorseful about the people I hurt and I plan to do right by all of them.”

    Weinstein and his wife, Georgina Rose Chapman

    The Miramax and Weinstein Company co-founder has produced a number of Oscar-winning blockbusters, including Shakespeare in Love, The King’s Speech and The Artist.

    Mr Weinstein’s lawyer, Lisa Bloom, said in another statement that he denies many of the allegations against him as “patently false”.

    She also said that as a women’s rights advocate she had been blunt with him that some of his conduct “can be perceived as inappropriate, even intimidating”.

    “He has acknowledged mistakes he has made,” said Ms Bloom. “He is reading books and going to therapy. He is an old dinosaur learning new ways.”

    But another Weinstein lawyer, Charles Harder, said in a separate statement to the Hollywood Reporter that his client was preparing to sue the New York Times.

    The attorney said the newspaper’s report was “saturated with false and defamatory statements”.

    The statement also said the report “relies on mostly hearsay accounts and a faulty report, apparently stolen from an employee personnel
    file, which has been debunked by 9 different eyewitnesses”.

    It did not specify which particular parts of the Times article were disputed.

    Mr Harder’s statement said the New York Times had ignored the “facts and evidence” and any proceeds from the lawsuit would be donated to women’s organisations.

    Mr Weinstein has been married since 2007 to London-born fashion designer Georgina Rose Chapman, and they have two children.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    The Lagos State Internal Revenue Service has declared that it will use third-party agents to collect unpaid taxes from defaulting taxpayers, including banks, employers, debtors, tenants, and business partners.

    Lagos implements 5% withholding tax on gaming winnings

    Oba Kehinde Falodun, the monarch of the Agamọ Community in the Akure North Local Government Area of Ondo State, was reportedly slain by suspected Terrorists.

    Terrorists kidnap three in fresh attack on Plateau community

    President Bola Tinubu has expressed sadness over the demise of the Chief of Naval Operations of the Nigerian Navy, Rear Admiral Musa Katagum, who passed away on Thursday after a protracted illness.

    Tinubu mourns death of naval chief Katagum

    N738m fraud case: Judge rebukes Maina over delays

    N738m fraud case: Judge rebukes Maina over delays

    Police arrest Buhari's ex-aide Obono-Obla over alleged certificate forgery 

    Police arrest Buhari’s ex-aide Obono-Obla over alleged certificate forgery 

    Emergency rule: Court to decide if Tinubu can remove elected officials March 9

    Tinubu urges orderly conduct as Rivers, Kano, FCT vote Saturday

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    The Lagos State Internal Revenue Service has declared that it will use third-party agents to collect unpaid taxes from defaulting taxpayers, including banks, employers, debtors, tenants, and business partners.

    Lagos implements 5% withholding tax on gaming winnings

    February 20, 2026
    Oba Kehinde Falodun, the monarch of the Agamọ Community in the Akure North Local Government Area of Ondo State, was reportedly slain by suspected Terrorists.

    Terrorists kidnap three in fresh attack on Plateau community

    February 20, 2026
    President Bola Tinubu has expressed sadness over the demise of the Chief of Naval Operations of the Nigerian Navy, Rear Admiral Musa Katagum, who passed away on Thursday after a protracted illness.

    Tinubu mourns death of naval chief Katagum

    February 20, 2026
    N738m fraud case: Judge rebukes Maina over delays

    N738m fraud case: Judge rebukes Maina over delays

    February 20, 2026
    Police arrest Buhari's ex-aide Obono-Obla over alleged certificate forgery 

    Police arrest Buhari’s ex-aide Obono-Obla over alleged certificate forgery 

    February 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.