Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    FCT: AMAC election peaceful, says ADC’s Paul Moses

    FCT: AMAC election peaceful, says ADC’s Paul Moses

    February 21, 2026
    FAAN warns travellers against selfie, filming others without consent

    FAAN warns travellers against selfie, filming others without consent

    February 21, 2026
    Voters were seen waiting for the commencement of voting on Saturday at the Lugbe polling center in Abuja, as officials of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) struggled to complete preparations.

    FCT Election: Voting yet to begin at Lugbe polling unit

    February 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • FCT: AMAC election peaceful, says ADC’s Paul Moses
    • FAAN warns travellers against selfie, filming others without consent
    • FCT Election: Voting yet to begin at Lugbe polling unit
    • Low voter turnout recorded at some FCT polling units
    • Peller escapes fire at Lagos mansion
    • Mirabel in police custody over false rape claim
    • LASTMA confirms one killed as tanker crashes in Lagos
    • Pastor to die by hanging for killing landlord in Akwa Ibom
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Saturday, February 21
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Guinness Nigeria N40bn share oversubscribed

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorOctober 4, 2017No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    L-R Chief Executive, Stanbic IBTC Capital, Funso Akere; Executive Director, Capital Markets, Nigeria Stock Exchange, Haruna Jalo-Waziri; Chairman, Guinness Nigeria Plc, Babatunde Savage and Managing Director, Guinness Nigeria Plc, Peter Ndegwa; at the facts behind the Issue at the NSE to announce Guinness Nigeria's N40bn Rights Issue in Lagos on Tuesday, July 25, 2017.
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp
    L-R Chief Executive, Stanbic IBTC Capital, Funso Akere; Executive Director, Capital Markets, Nigeria Stock Exchange, Haruna Jalo-Waziri; Chairman, Guinness Nigeria Plc, Babatunde Savage and Managing Director, Guinness Nigeria Plc, Peter Ndegwa; at the facts behind the Issue at the NSE to announce Guinness Nigeria’s N40bn Rights Issue in Lagos on Tuesday, July 25, 2017.

    Guinness Nigeria’s 39.70 billion naira ($126 mln) share sale to existing shareholders was 116 percent subscribed, the company said on Wednesday.

    The brewer, the local unit of the world’s leading spirit maker Diageo, said in a statement it sold five new shares from the company to shareholders for every 11 held, at 58 naira each.

    READ: Nestlé Milo introduces new beverage

    The company, which is 54 percent owned by Diageo, said two shareholders applied for 50 million shares and above during the rights issue.

    Diageo has said it was willing to take up its rights in the share issue to maintain its shareholding.

    The company had been seeking to raise funds to strengthen its balance sheet after it posted its first annual loss in 30 years in the 12 months to June 2016.

    Guinness Nigeria shares traded flat on Wednesday at 98.55 naira on the Lagos bourse, up about 18 percent so far this year.

    In July, Guinness Nigeria presented a detailed breakdown of its plans to raise N39,700,688,598 by way of rights issue to its existing shareholders.

    The company shared details of the rights issue programme at a presentation which was held at the Nigerian Stock Exchange, Lagos.

    According to the company, a total of 684,494,631 ordinary shares of 50 kobo each will be offered to existing shareholders in the ratio of five new ordinary shares for every eleven ordinary shares held by shareholders whose names appeared on the register of members of the Company at the close of business on Wednesday, 15 March, 2017.

    Stanbic IBTC Capital Limited is the issuing house to the offer which opened on Monday 24 July, 2017 and will close on Wednesday 30 August, 2017.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    FCT: AMAC election peaceful, says ADC’s Paul Moses

    FCT: AMAC election peaceful, says ADC’s Paul Moses

    FAAN warns travellers against selfie, filming others without consent

    FAAN warns travellers against selfie, filming others without consent

    Voters were seen waiting for the commencement of voting on Saturday at the Lugbe polling center in Abuja, as officials of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) struggled to complete preparations.

    FCT Election: Voting yet to begin at Lugbe polling unit

    There was low voter turnout on Saturday morning at several polling units in the Abuja Municipal Area Council during the Federal Capital Territory Area Council elections.

    Low voter turnout recorded at some FCT polling units

    Peller vows never to marry Nigerian woman, eyes foreign bride

    Peller escapes fire at Lagos mansion

    Mirabel: Police to arrest, prosecute TikToker over false rape claim

    Mirabel in police custody over false rape claim

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    FCT: AMAC election peaceful, says ADC’s Paul Moses

    FCT: AMAC election peaceful, says ADC’s Paul Moses

    February 21, 2026
    FAAN warns travellers against selfie, filming others without consent

    FAAN warns travellers against selfie, filming others without consent

    February 21, 2026
    Voters were seen waiting for the commencement of voting on Saturday at the Lugbe polling center in Abuja, as officials of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) struggled to complete preparations.

    FCT Election: Voting yet to begin at Lugbe polling unit

    February 21, 2026
    There was low voter turnout on Saturday morning at several polling units in the Abuja Municipal Area Council during the Federal Capital Territory Area Council elections.

    Low voter turnout recorded at some FCT polling units

    February 21, 2026
    Peller vows never to marry Nigerian woman, eyes foreign bride

    Peller escapes fire at Lagos mansion

    February 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.