Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Social network X restored global outage

    Social network X restored after global outage

    February 16, 2026
    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    February 16, 2026
    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Social network X restored after global outage
    • Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others
    • US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links
    • Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack
    • Tinubu lauds Adamawa gov for infrastructure projects
    • APC apologies for listing late army general, serving justice as stakeholders
    • Natasha in fresh clash at senate committee chairman’s office
    • Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break fast
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Tuesday, February 17
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Fuel subsidy: NLC issues seven-day nationwide strike notice

    Vincent OsuwoBy Vincent OsuwoJuly 26, 2023No Comments1 Min Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    NLC TUC: Organized labour said its national minimum wage negotiation would be base on the current economic reality
    The union also demanded an increase in the minimum salary from N30,000 to N200,000
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) has planned a nationwide strike scheduled to commence on August 2, 2023.

    Although a court order prohibiting the congress from striking in June remains in effect, our correspondent learned that the congress stated that it could not fold its arms while Nigerians continued to endure the consequences of subsidy removal, which has caused tremendous suffering.

    Earlier in June, the Tinubu administration took organized labor to court to avert a statewide walkout in response to the initial elimination of the subsidy on Premium Motor Spirit, also known as gasoline.

    • Resident doctors embark on indefinite strike

    Despite the fact that the government established a committee to communicate with organized labor, representatives from the Trade Union Congress and the National Labour Congress said the committee failed to engage labor in a dialogue.

    Speaking with newsmen, the national treasurer of the NLC, Hakeem Ambali, said, “Yes. We issued a seven-day ultimatum to the Federal Government to conclude all negotiations with labor or face industrial action yesterday by the Central Working Committee.”

    The president of the congress, Joe Ajaero has yet to give an official remark on the situation, nor has he responded to our correspondent’s inquiries.

    Details later…

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Social network X restored global outage

    Social network X restored after global outage

    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack

    Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack

    Emergency rule: Court to decide if Tinubu can remove elected officials March 9

    Tinubu lauds Adamawa gov for infrastructure projects

    APC apologies for listing late army general, serving justice as stakeholders

    APC apologies for listing late army general, serving justice as stakeholders

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Social network X restored global outage

    Social network X restored after global outage

    February 16, 2026
    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    February 16, 2026
    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    February 16, 2026
    Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack

    Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack

    February 16, 2026
    Emergency rule: Court to decide if Tinubu can remove elected officials March 9

    Tinubu lauds Adamawa gov for infrastructure projects

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.