Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    DSS invites Datti Baba-Ahmed over alleged inciting public comments

    DSS invites Datti Baba-Ahmed over alleged inciting public comments

    November 29, 2025
    Minister for Justice and Attorney-General Abubakar Malami EFCC assets

    Malami released after EFCC grilling

    November 29, 2025
    Veteran Nollywood actor and cultural icon Lere Paimo

    Lere Paimo is alive – ANTP

    November 29, 2025
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • DSS invites Datti Baba-Ahmed over alleged inciting public comments
    • Malami released after EFCC grilling
    • Lere Paimo is alive – ANTP
    • Jonathan questions Guinea-Bissau’s president’s involvement in coup
    • Tanker explosion kills three in Kano
    • Kwara govt yet to release freed church abductees after one week
    • Terrorists now using satellite communication, says NASRDA
    • Tax reforms: NOA launches nationwide campaign to counter misinformation
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Saturday, November 29
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Flood: FG directs four Niger LGs to relocate

    Vincent OsuwoBy Vincent OsuwoAugust 2, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    FG warns of imminent flooding in 15 states
    Flooded communities
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The Federal Government has directed residents of four local government areas in Niger State to relocate following a fresh flood warning issued by the Ministry of Environment.

    The Federal Ministry of Environment’s National Flood Early Warning Centre issued the advisory on Thursday, stating that significant rainfall was expected in the affected areas from July 31 to August 4, 2025, potentially causing flooding.

    According to reports, the affected LGs are Rijau, Sarkin Pawa, Suleja, and Mashegu.

    The ministry advised stakeholders in the state to take proper action to reduce the danger.

    The announcement, titled ‘Flood Prediction,’ was signed by Usman Bokani, Director of the Erosion, Flood, and Coastal Zone Management Department.

    “Relevant stakeholders should kindly take note. Feedback from the relevant stakeholders and government representatives will be highly appreciated.”

    In response to the flood alarm, Yakubu Kolo, the state Commissioner for Environment and Climate Change, said on Friday that the state has already issued an order via radio broadcasts advising residents in flood-prone areas to begin evacuation arrangements.

    Kolo added that the Nigerian Meteorological Agency had already issued a larger signal for 15 local government districts in the state.

    He stated that the state’s Ministry of Environment and Climate Change, in partnership with the Ministry of Information and Strategy, had issued a public statement asking households to activate their evacuation plans.

    According to him, the threat is caused by rising water levels in the Niger, Kaduna, and Gurara rivers, which may also damage important roadways throughout the state.

    “Some of the state’s local governments issued with flood alerts include Agaie, Bida, Borogu, Bosso, Edati, Bako, Katcha, Lapai, Lavun, Magama, Mashegu, Mokwa, Rafi, Shiroro, and Wushishi,” he said.

    Kolo further stated that the major roads that may be affected include Awuru–Imigifala Road, Mokwa–Gana Road, Owo–Tegina Road, Wawa–Yelwa Road, and Kainji Road.

    “All emergency agencies are advised to be on alert and ready to respond. Communities in the affected areas should prepare and activate evacuation plans. Residents are strongly urged to respond swiftly to any alert,” he said.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    DSS invites Datti Baba-Ahmed over alleged inciting public comments

    DSS invites Datti Baba-Ahmed over alleged inciting public comments

    Minister for Justice and Attorney-General Abubakar Malami EFCC assets

    Malami released after EFCC grilling

    Veteran Nollywood actor and cultural icon Lere Paimo

    Lere Paimo is alive – ANTP

    2027: Court asked to restrain Jonathan from contesting

    Jonathan questions Guinea-Bissau’s president’s involvement in coup

    39 Niger tanker explosion victims get mass burial

    Tanker explosion kills three in Kano

    The terrorists who kidnapped about 35 worshippers from the Christ Apostolic Church, Oke-Igan, Eruku, in the Ekiti Local Government Area of Kwara State, have reportedly demanded N100 million ransom per victim.

    Kwara govt yet to release freed church abductees after one week

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    DSS invites Datti Baba-Ahmed over alleged inciting public comments

    DSS invites Datti Baba-Ahmed over alleged inciting public comments

    November 29, 2025
    Minister for Justice and Attorney-General Abubakar Malami EFCC assets

    Malami released after EFCC grilling

    November 29, 2025
    Veteran Nollywood actor and cultural icon Lere Paimo

    Lere Paimo is alive – ANTP

    November 29, 2025
    2027: Court asked to restrain Jonathan from contesting

    Jonathan questions Guinea-Bissau’s president’s involvement in coup

    November 29, 2025
    39 Niger tanker explosion victims get mass burial

    Tanker explosion kills three in Kano

    November 29, 2025
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2025 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.