Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    39 Niger tanker explosion victims get mass burial

    Tanker explosion kills three in Kano

    November 29, 2025
    The terrorists who kidnapped about 35 worshippers from the Christ Apostolic Church, Oke-Igan, Eruku, in the Ekiti Local Government Area of Kwara State, have reportedly demanded N100 million ransom per victim.

    Kwara govt yet to release freed church abductees after one week

    November 29, 2025
    Terrorists now using satellite communication, says NASRDA

    Terrorists now using satellite communication, says NASRDA

    November 29, 2025
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Tanker explosion kills three in Kano
    • Kwara govt yet to release freed church abductees after one week
    • Terrorists now using satellite communication, says NASRDA
    • Tax reforms: NOA launches nationwide campaign to counter misinformation
    • Jonathan says Guinea Bissau coup painful than losing to Buhari
    • Nollywood actor Lere Paimo dies at 86
    • Terrorism: Northern governors get N56bn security votes
    • Obasanjo urges FG to stop negotiating with terrorists
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Saturday, November 29
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    FG extends N-Power application by two weeks

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorJuly 27, 2020No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Nigeria Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management & Social Development, Sadiya Umar Farouq N-power School Feeding CCT
    Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management & Social Development, Sadiya Umar Farouq
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The Federal Government has extended the N-Power batch C online application by two weeks.

    The online application process, which opened on June 26, 2020, was scheduled to close on Sunday, July 26, 2020.

    The Federal Government explained the extension will afford interested youths the opportunity to also register.

    It also said the number of applications received so far indicates enthusiasm on the part of the applicants to be part of the programme.

    According to the Federal Government, at the end of the application exercise, 400,000 of the applicants will be absorbed.

    The extension was announced in a series of tweet by Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, Sadiya Farouq via her twitter handle on Sunday night.

    It reads: “One month after the portal opened for Batch C applications, we are happy to announce that we have received over 5m applications underlining enthusiasm for the programme.

    • Who N-Power epp? Success Stories Validate Programme – Onyema Dike

    “In a bid to extend the opportunity to all Nigerians and ensure it is truly inclusive, the portal will close at midnight on August 8th, 2020.”

    The Minister also promised to review the demands made by the Batch A and B enrollees who will be exiting the programme by the end of this month.

    The 500, 00 enrolees, during a protest in Abuja last week, demanded N300 billion payment.

    They also requested the Federal Government to employ all of them as well as pay them a grant of N600, 000 each.

    Farouq stated: “I received news of a protest at the National Assembly by N-Power Batch A and B beneficiaries who presented a list of demands which we are reviewing and will address as practically possible.

    “Let me reiterate that the exiting of Batch A and B is not punitive but as a means of providing an opportunity for their brothers and sisters to also access the programme. Batch A and B beneficiaries remain our pride and worthy ambassadors.”

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    39 Niger tanker explosion victims get mass burial

    Tanker explosion kills three in Kano

    The terrorists who kidnapped about 35 worshippers from the Christ Apostolic Church, Oke-Igan, Eruku, in the Ekiti Local Government Area of Kwara State, have reportedly demanded N100 million ransom per victim.

    Kwara govt yet to release freed church abductees after one week

    Terrorists now using satellite communication, says NASRDA

    Terrorists now using satellite communication, says NASRDA

    Tax reforms: NOA launches nationwide campaign to counter misinformation

    Tax reforms: NOA launches nationwide campaign to counter misinformation

    2027: Court asked to restrain Jonathan from contesting

    Jonathan says Guinea Bissau coup painful than losing to Buhari

    Veteran Nollywood actor and cultural icon Lere Paimo

    Nollywood actor Lere Paimo dies at 86

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    39 Niger tanker explosion victims get mass burial

    Tanker explosion kills three in Kano

    November 29, 2025
    The terrorists who kidnapped about 35 worshippers from the Christ Apostolic Church, Oke-Igan, Eruku, in the Ekiti Local Government Area of Kwara State, have reportedly demanded N100 million ransom per victim.

    Kwara govt yet to release freed church abductees after one week

    November 29, 2025
    Terrorists now using satellite communication, says NASRDA

    Terrorists now using satellite communication, says NASRDA

    November 29, 2025
    Tax reforms: NOA launches nationwide campaign to counter misinformation

    Tax reforms: NOA launches nationwide campaign to counter misinformation

    November 29, 2025
    2027: Court asked to restrain Jonathan from contesting

    Jonathan says Guinea Bissau coup painful than losing to Buhari

    November 29, 2025
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2025 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.