Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    SERAP asks court to strike out DSS N5.5bn suit

    SERAP asks court to strike out DSS N5.5bn suit

    February 20, 2026
    NOA slams traders over Ramadan, Lent food price spike

    NOA slams traders over Ramadan, Lent food price spike

    February 20, 2026
    ICPC raids El-Rufai’s residence amid probe

    ICPC raids El-Rufai’s residence amid probe

    February 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • SERAP asks court to strike out DSS N5.5bn suit
    • NOA slams traders over Ramadan, Lent food price spike
    • ICPC raids El-Rufai’s residence amid probe
    • Crystal Palace waste lead to draw Zrinjski 1-1
    • When African fans started reading the game like experts
    • Morocco seeks two years jail for 18 Senegalese fans
    • NBA denies sharing $2,000 with SANs
    • Barinada Mpigi, Rivers senator dies at 64
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Friday, February 20
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Euro 2020 Final: FA vows never to allow Wembley incident repeat itself

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorJuly 19, 2021No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Over 30 Wales football fans arrested in Armenia ahead of Euro qualifier
    Euro 2020 final, Ticketless English fans broke through security to force their way into Wembley
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The Football Association says it is determined to ensure the “disgraceful scenes” that marred the Euro 2020 final are “never able to be repeated”.

    An independent review investigating the security breaches is to take place, the FA announced on Monday.

    Fans fought with stewards and police as they attempted to break through gates at Wembley on 11 July.

    “We are determined to fully understand what happened outside and then inside Wembley Stadium,” read an FA statement.

    The FA has been hit with four charges by Uefa surrounding the behaviour of fans.

    They relate to disturbances caused during the national anthems, invasion of the pitch, the throwing of objects and the lighting of a firework by fans.

    In addition, a Uefa ethics and disciplinary inspector has been appointed to conduct a disciplinary investigation into events involving supporters that occurred inside and around the stadium.

    The FA announced last week it would conduct a full review after a “large number of drunken yobs” tried to force their way in to Wembley without tickets.

    The FA’s statement on Monday said Baroness Casey of Blackstock has been commissioned to report on the facts and circumstances involved.

    It added: “We continue to work with the relevant authorities in support of their efforts to identify those responsible and hold them to account.”

    • Euro 2020 final: UEFA investigates fans misdemeanor at Wembley

    Football Association chief executive Mark Bullingham apologised to legitimate fans and said the security team had “never seen anything like it”.

    He said the FA would work with the police to ban anyone who had forced their way in and to prevent such an event happening again.

    • Euro final: Harry Maguire’s father left with broken ribs, struggling to breathe

    Images of seven men being sought in connection with the disorder have been released by police.

    England lost to Italy in the final following a penalty shootout after the match ended 1-1 after extra time.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    FA Cup Crystal Palace whip Everton at Selhurst Park

    Crystal Palace waste lead to draw Zrinjski 1-1

    Ghana fans at an Africa football game

    When African fans started reading the game like experts

    Morocco seeks two years jail for 18 Senegalese fans

    Morocco seeks two years jail for 18 Senegalese fans

    Vinicius Junior scored a spectacular winner for Real Madrid against Benfica in their Champions League play-off first leg, which was stopped for 10 minutes for alleged racist abuse.

    Vinicius gets support from football stars over racist abuse incident

    Club Brugge netted a thrilling late equalizer while battling back twice against Atletico Madrid, leaving their Champions League knockout phase play-off tie finely balanced.

    UCL: Club Brugge score late equalizer against Atletico Madrid

    Bodo/Glimt

    Bodo/Glimt get shocking 3-1 UCL victory over Inter Milan

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    SERAP asks court to strike out DSS N5.5bn suit

    SERAP asks court to strike out DSS N5.5bn suit

    February 20, 2026
    NOA slams traders over Ramadan, Lent food price spike

    NOA slams traders over Ramadan, Lent food price spike

    February 20, 2026
    ICPC raids El-Rufai’s residence amid probe

    ICPC raids El-Rufai’s residence amid probe

    February 20, 2026
    FA Cup Crystal Palace whip Everton at Selhurst Park

    Crystal Palace waste lead to draw Zrinjski 1-1

    February 19, 2026
    Ghana fans at an Africa football game

    When African fans started reading the game like experts

    February 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.