Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Daniel Bwala said that Peter Obi's success in the 2023 election, where he got over 6.1m votes, was largely due to religious discourse.

    Bwala urges Nigerians to defend themselves against terrorists

    May 20, 2026
    Kano gov Yusuf suspends loan vendors after N1.8bn Illegal salary deductions

    Kano govt announces Sallah break for primary, secondary schools

    May 20, 2026
    The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has instructed banks to complete a mandatory cybersecurity self-assessment within three weeks

    CBN retains 26.5% monetary policy rate

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Bwala urges Nigerians to defend themselves against terrorists
    • Kano govt announces Sallah break for primary, secondary schools
    • CBN retains 26.5% monetary policy rate
    • ASUU begins indefinite strike over welfare, agreement breach
    • Dowman makes history as youngest Premier League winner
    • Two-storey building collapses in Anambra
    • AEDC says prepaid meter bonus units are not free
    • Nigeria to face Madagascar, Guinea-Bissau in AFCON 2027 qualifiers
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Wednesday, May 20
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Portable regains freedom as Saheed Osupa drops cyberstalking case

    David GreatBy David GreatApril 15, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Portable vows return to school to manage music career better
    Nigerian singer Portable
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Controversial Nigerian singer, Habeeb Okikiola, popularly known as Portable, has been cleared of charges brought against him by Fuji musician, Okunola Saheed, also known as Saheed Osupa.

    The case was officially withdrawn by Osupa’s lawyer, Ahmed Opalekunde, who confirmed the development on Tuesday.

    The case had been filed at the Upper Area Court 1, High Court, Ilorin, after the Kwara State Police Command charged Portable on Monday following Osupa’s petition.

    Osupa had accused Portable of criminal defamation, criminal intimidation, inciting public disturbance, and cyberstalking. The charges were based on alleged violations of several legal provisions, including Sections 392, 114, and 397 of the Penal Code; Sections 24(1)(b) and 24(2)(c) of the Cybercrimes Act, 2015; and Sections 10 and 13 of the Violence Against Persons (Prohibition) Law, 2020.

    According to Opalekunde, Osupa decided to withdraw the case after interventions from music industry stakeholders and respected public figures.

    • Portable remanded in prison over inability to meet bail conditions

    The withdrawal letter stated, “It’s our client’s (nominal complainant) instruction that the stakeholders in the music industry and other notable personalities in the society have intervened in the matter and pleaded to the nominal complainant to withdraw the case against the defendant in the interest of public peace.”

    The letter further requested the court to terminate the case, emphasizing that it had been settled amicably. However, it warned Portable to refrain from making any future defamatory statements.

    “Further, sir, we want to pray the court to admonish and warn the defendant to desist from any further publications, utterances and any other acts aiming at disparaging the person and businesses of the nominal complainant.”

    The legal dispute stemmed from a live Instagram video aired by Portable on March 19, 2025, in which he allegedly made defamatory remarks about Osupa.

    The Fuji star claimed that the video damaged his reputation and incited public unrest.

    He also alleged that Portable falsely claimed to have removed his music from platforms like Apple Music and Spotify.

    In the viral video, Portable had said, “This man dey try to bring down my shine! He be like person wey dey chop snail with shell—him no get sense. Osupa na tortoise. When Apple Music and Spotify wan drop money for me, na him remove my song from platform make I no see money.”

    Following the arraignment, Chief Magistrate Sunday Adeniyi had granted Portable bail on Monday. The bail was set at N1 million with two sureties—one being a chairman in the Performing Musicians Association of Nigeria (PMAN) and the other a property owner in the Government Reserved Area under the court’s jurisdiction.

    With the case now withdrawn and settled out of court, both parties appear to be moving forward, though Osupa has made it clear that he expects no further provocation from the singer.

     

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Daniel Bwala said that Peter Obi's success in the 2023 election, where he got over 6.1m votes, was largely due to religious discourse.

    Bwala urges Nigerians to defend themselves against terrorists

    Kano gov Yusuf suspends loan vendors after N1.8bn Illegal salary deductions

    Kano govt announces Sallah break for primary, secondary schools

    The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has instructed banks to complete a mandatory cybersecurity self-assessment within three weeks

    CBN retains 26.5% monetary policy rate

    FG ASUU agreement: 10 key things you need to know

    ASUU begins indefinite strike over welfare, agreement breach

    FILE PHOTO: An aerial view of a collapsed building in Lagos

    Two-storey building collapses in Anambra

    AEDC public announcement explaining that preloaded prepaid meter energy units will be deducted during the next recharge.

    AEDC says prepaid meter bonus units are not free

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Daniel Bwala said that Peter Obi's success in the 2023 election, where he got over 6.1m votes, was largely due to religious discourse.

    Bwala urges Nigerians to defend themselves against terrorists

    May 20, 2026
    Kano gov Yusuf suspends loan vendors after N1.8bn Illegal salary deductions

    Kano govt announces Sallah break for primary, secondary schools

    May 20, 2026
    The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has instructed banks to complete a mandatory cybersecurity self-assessment within three weeks

    CBN retains 26.5% monetary policy rate

    May 20, 2026
    FG ASUU agreement: 10 key things you need to know

    ASUU begins indefinite strike over welfare, agreement breach

    May 20, 2026
    Dowman

    Dowman makes history as youngest Premier League winner

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.