Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Sultan of Sokoto

    Sultan confirms moon sighting, declares Wednesday beginning of Ramadan

    February 17, 2026
    Galatasaray will head to Turin with a three-goal advantage after recovering from a deficit to defeat Juventus in an intense first leg of their Champions League knockout phase playoff tie.

    Galatasaray thrash Juventus 5-2 in thrilling UCL clash

    February 17, 2026
    Senate approves electronic transmission of results, permits manual upload as backup

    Senate passes Electoral Act Amendment Bill

    February 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Sultan confirms moon sighting, declares Wednesday beginning of Ramadan
    • Galatasaray thrash Juventus 5-2 in thrilling UCL clash
    • Senate passes Electoral Act Amendment Bill
    • 100 US troops arrive in Nigeria for counterterrorism support
    • Terrorists abduct six travelers in Benue
    • House of Reps row over electoral act amendment bill
    • Saka extends Arsenal stay with fresh five-year contract
    • Rapist: Lagos seeks help to locate victim raped in her home
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Tuesday, February 17
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Emir Sanusi denies corruption allegations

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorApril 25, 2017No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi II was also fingered in the fraud
    Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi II was also fingered in the fraud
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp
    The Emir of Kano, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi

    The palace of Nigeria’s Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi, has denied allegations that the influential Muslim leader has embezzled government money allocated to the palace since his ascent to the throne in 2015.

    The anti-corruption agency in northern Kano state said earlier that it was investigating corruption allegations against Emir Sanusi.

    Palace financial secretary Mahe Bashir Wali denied at a press conference that the emir had bought executive cars, including a Rolls Royce, with government money.

    The vehicles had been given to Emir Sanusi by friends as a gift, he said.

    Mr Wali also denied that the emir used government funds to fly in privately-charted planes, saying he did this with his own money.

    The palace would co-operate with the investigation, and would present to the anti-corruption agency evidence of all expenses since Emir Sanusi’s appointment.

    The emir also denied embezzling money the palace inherited from his predecessor, Al-Haji Ado Bayero, Mr Wali said.

    The former emir died in 2015 at the age of 83.

    In February, Emir Sanusi urged that a new law be introduced which would stop men from involving in forced marriages and domestic violence.

    “Those of us in the [mainly Muslim] north have all seen the economic consequences of men who are not capable of maintaining one wife, marrying four.

    “They end up producing 20 children, not educating them, leaving them on the streets, and they end up as thugs and terrorists,” he said.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Sultan of Sokoto

    Sultan confirms moon sighting, declares Wednesday beginning of Ramadan

    Senate approves electronic transmission of results, permits manual upload as backup

    Senate passes Electoral Act Amendment Bill

    100 US troops arrive in Nigeria for counterterrorism support

    100 US troops arrive in Nigeria for counterterrorism support

    Kwara: No fewer than nine worshipers were abducted on Sunday by Terrorists during a vigil at St. John’s Catholic Church in Ojije, Utonkon District of Ado Local Government Area, Benue State.

    Terrorists abduct six travelers in Benue

    Reps row over electoral act amendment bill

    House of Reps row over electoral act amendment bill

    Rapist: Lagos seeks help to locate victim raped in her home

    Rapist: Lagos seeks help to locate victim raped in her home

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Sultan of Sokoto

    Sultan confirms moon sighting, declares Wednesday beginning of Ramadan

    February 17, 2026
    Galatasaray will head to Turin with a three-goal advantage after recovering from a deficit to defeat Juventus in an intense first leg of their Champions League knockout phase playoff tie.

    Galatasaray thrash Juventus 5-2 in thrilling UCL clash

    February 17, 2026
    Senate approves electronic transmission of results, permits manual upload as backup

    Senate passes Electoral Act Amendment Bill

    February 17, 2026
    100 US troops arrive in Nigeria for counterterrorism support

    100 US troops arrive in Nigeria for counterterrorism support

    February 17, 2026
    Kwara: No fewer than nine worshipers were abducted on Sunday by Terrorists during a vigil at St. John’s Catholic Church in Ojije, Utonkon District of Ado Local Government Area, Benue State.

    Terrorists abduct six travelers in Benue

    February 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.