Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break

    Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break fast

    February 16, 2026
    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    FG files charges against El-Rufai for intercepting Ribadu’s phone

    February 16, 2026
    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break fast
    • FG files charges against El-Rufai for intercepting Ribadu’s phone
    • US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links
    • Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution
    • BREAKING: DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation
    • Nigerians ‘paying for darkness’, Ajaero slams power sector reform as failure
    • US embassy, consulate in Nigeria observe Presidents’ Day
    • National Assembly moves to shift 2027 presidential poll to Feb13
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Monday, February 16
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Driving one-way is attempted murder – Lagos Taskforce

    David GreatBy David GreatSeptember 16, 2022No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Lagos Taskforce arrests notorious land grabber, Ibile
    CSP Shola Jejeloye had been appointed as Commander of the Lagos State Rapid Response Squad
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The Lagos State Taskforce says there are several dangers inherent in driving against traffic (one-way) and that the harmful effects is not just the impediment of free flow of traffic and other law abiding drivers, but on the possibilities of causing loss of lives and damage to property.

    Chairman of the agency, CSP Shola Jejeloye stated this to journalists at a public auction on Thursday at the Taskforce compound in Alausa, Ikeja. He noted that most of the vehicles auctioned were confiscated for driving against traffic and endangering their lives and that of other Lagosians.

    “Some of the individuals who have come here to bid do not know that if we had not confiscated some of these vehicles while committing those offences, they would have killed pedestrians, bidders or other road users who are unaware that there is a vehicle approaching through the wrong side of the road”.

    Jejeloye added that, “From our records, 80% of victims hit and run on the roads who were knocked down especially early in the morning were caused by motorists who drove against traffic.

    The Taskforce boss said that some of the supposed victims who begged for their vehicles to be auctioned to them at the auction ground were serial and notorious one-way defaulters. One of them was the man who came with his mother – a widow – to reclaim his vehicle.

    • Lagos Taskforce auctions 134 abandoned, forfeited vehicles

    “If you recall correctly, he was arrested sometimes in May for driving on one-way all the way from Oshodi to Mile 2 and even assaulted the officers trying to arrest him by biting off the officer’s finger. He was charged accordingly and he spent three months in Badagry Correctional Facility and his vehicle impounded”.

    “This is the reason why we urge members of the public not to be sentimental about actions like this because anyone on the receiving end would feel the pain caused by one-way drivers.

    “The Taskforce also had other incidents where a heavily pregnant woman was knocked down by a driver who drove against traffic along Apapa, leaving her family members in disarray.

    “These actions are needless and can be curbed if drivers just exercise a bit of patience and restraint on the roads, but in the case where they fail to do so then they will be apprehended and brought before the Magistrate.

    Jejeloye appealed to Lagosians to be steadfast in the fight against traffic indiscipline on Lagos Roads especially driving on routes meant for the opposite traffic. He urged them to be patient while driving and promised to do more in ensuring that traffic offenders are brought to book and orderliness is maintained on Lagos roads.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    FG files charges against El-Rufai for intercepting Ribadu’s phone

    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution

    Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution

    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    BREAKING: DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    Ajaero slams Nigeria power privatisation as failure

    Nigerians ‘paying for darkness’, Ajaero slams power sector reform as failure

    US Embassy, consulate in Nigeria observe Presidents’ Day

    US embassy, consulate in Nigeria observe Presidents’ Day

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break

    Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break fast

    February 16, 2026
    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    FG files charges against El-Rufai for intercepting Ribadu’s phone

    February 16, 2026
    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    February 16, 2026
    Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution

    Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution

    February 16, 2026
    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    BREAKING: DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.