Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Social network X restored global outage

    Social network X restored after global outage

    February 16, 2026
    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    February 16, 2026
    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Social network X restored after global outage
    • Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others
    • US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links
    • Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack
    • Tinubu lauds Adamawa gov for infrastructure projects
    • APC apologies for listing late army general, serving justice as stakeholders
    • Natasha in fresh clash at senate committee chairman’s office
    • Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break fast
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Monday, February 16
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Dasuki to witness against Metuh in court

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorFebruary 22, 2017No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Court orders FG to close case in Dasuki's 10-year-old trial
    Former National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp
    Sambo Dasuki is set to testify against Olisa Metuh in corruption charge

    The Federal High Court Abuja, has fixed February 23 to rule on an application to subpoena the former National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki to testify in the ongoing trial of former PDP spokesman, Olisah Metuh.

    The court would also rule on whether or not to order the release of Metuh’s international passport to enable him travel abroad for medical treatment.

    The trial judge, Justice Okon Abang, fixed the ruling on Wednesday after listening to arguments of counsel to both parties.

    Counsel to Metuh, Mr Onyeachi Ikpeazu (SAN) said that Dasuki’s testimony in the matter was very crucial.

    According to him, Dasuki is an official person who exercises official position and his presence will enable him give evidence in respect to the document tendered by the prosecution.

    He added that Dasuki was currently in custody of the DSS and it was impossible for the defence team to reach him.

    Olisah Metuh is in court on corruption charges

    Ikpeazu said that the defence was of the view that it was only the court that had the authority to compel his appearance in court.

    On the application to release Metuh’s international passport to enable him seek treatment abroad, Ikpeazu told the court that his ailment was getting worse.

    According to him, medical reports showed that he cannot be treated in Nigeria and he had been referred abroad to seek further treatment.

    The counsel said that he was ready to put his practice licence on the line for the court to allow his client get the necessary treatment abroad and come back to face his trial in good health.

    The prosecuting counsel, Mr Sylvanus Tahir raised no objection to the application for Dasuki to be subpoenaed; saying it was an administrative matter that could have been handled in chambers.

    He, however, opposed the application for the release of Metuh’s international passport and prayed the court to dismiss it and to rather maintain the order of an accelerated trial.

    Tahir said that rather than grant the application, the court should sustain the tempo of a speedy trial so as to quickly give judgment.

    Metuh who is on trial over alleged N400million money laundering charges, had asked the court to subpoena Dasuki saying his testimony was essential to his defence.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Social network X restored global outage

    Social network X restored after global outage

    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack

    Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack

    Emergency rule: Court to decide if Tinubu can remove elected officials March 9

    Tinubu lauds Adamawa gov for infrastructure projects

    APC apologies for listing late army general, serving justice as stakeholders

    APC apologies for listing late army general, serving justice as stakeholders

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Social network X restored global outage

    Social network X restored after global outage

    February 16, 2026
    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    February 16, 2026
    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    February 16, 2026
    Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack

    Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack

    February 16, 2026
    Emergency rule: Court to decide if Tinubu can remove elected officials March 9

    Tinubu lauds Adamawa gov for infrastructure projects

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.