Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Wike bloc plans March 28 PDP convention after court victory

    Wike lauds FCT poll, says results reflect democracy

    February 22, 2026
    CAN rejects Shari’ah council’s call for INEC chair’s removal

    INEC to unveil new 2027 election timetable

    February 22, 2026
    Eze Arsenal's derby hero again as leaders sink Tudor's Tottenham

    Eze Arsenal’s derby hero again as leaders sink Tudor’s Tottenham 

    February 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Wike lauds FCT poll, says results reflect democracy
    • INEC to unveil new 2027 election timetable
    • Eze Arsenal’s derby hero again as leaders sink Tudor’s Tottenham 
    • Barcelona return to La Liga lead after thrashing Levante 3-0
    • Lawmaker breaks silence on Obono-Obla’s arrest in Cross River
    • NAFDAC confiscates banned, fake cosmetics worth N3bn in Lagos
    • Mac Allister frantic finish seals Liverpool win over Nottingham 
    • US Secret Service kills man trying to enter Trump’s estate
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Monday, February 23
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Court restrains senate from probing Natasha Akpoti

    Opalim LiftedBy Opalim LiftedMarch 5, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Court adjourns Natasha Akpoti’s suit against senate to March 25
    Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The federal high court in Abuja has restrained the senate committee on ethics, privileges, and public petitions from conducting disciplinary proceedings against Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan.

    Obiora Egwuatu, the presiding judge, gave the order on Tuesday following an ex parte application filed by counsels to Akpoti-Uduaghan, the senator representing Kogi central.

    Akpoti-Uduaghan had been invited to appear before the senate’s disciplinary committee following an altercation with Senate President Godswill Akpabio on February 20.

    Akpoti-Uduaghan had disrupted the plenary by rejecting her assigned seat, defying Akpabio’s order and repeatedly raising a point of order despite being overruled.

    Subsequently, the senate referred Akpoti-Uduaghan to the committee on ethics, privileges, and public petitions for disciplinary review.

    On February 28, in an interview on Arise TV, the Kogi senator alleged that her trouble in the senate began after she rejected sexual advances from the senate president.

    ‘Null And Void’

    The applicant’s counsel were listed as Sanusi Musa, M. J. Numa, Y. M. Zakari, B. J. Tabai, Tijanni Jimol, and M. C. Bekee.

    The defendants in the application are the clerk of the national assembly, the senate, senate president, and chairman of the senate committee on ethics.

    • Rivers Crisis: Supreme Court, Wike are working hand-in-hand against Fubara – IYC

    The Kogi senator prayed that the court grant an order restraining the senate and the ethics committee from “proceeding with the purported investigation” against her.

    Akpoti-Uduaghan asked the court to grant an order “declaring that any action taken during the pendency of this suit is null, void and of no effect whatsoever”.

    The Kogi senator also prayed for a court order allowing the defendants to be served with the originating summons and other related documents through substituted means.

    “AN ORDER OF THIS HONOURABLE COURT granting an Interim Injunction restraining the 2nd Defendant/Defendant’s Committee on Ethics, Privileges and Code of Conduct headed by the 4th Defendant from proceeding with the purported investigation against the Plaintiff/Applicant for alleged misconduct sequel to the events that occurred at the plenary of the 2nd Defendant on the 20th day of February, 2025, pursuant to the referral by the 2nd Defendant on 25th February, 2025 pending the hearing and determination of the Motion on Notice for interlocutory injunction,” a part of the application reads.

    In his verdict, the presiding judge ruled that the defendants should come and show cause within 72 hours, upon the service of the order, why an interlocutory injunction should not be issued against them.

    Egwuatu granted the prayer that the defendants should be served by substituted means.

    The judge adjourned the case to March 10 for the defendants to show why the applicant’s reliefs should not be granted.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Wike bloc plans March 28 PDP convention after court victory

    Wike lauds FCT poll, says results reflect democracy

    CAN rejects Shari’ah council’s call for INEC chair’s removal

    INEC to unveil new 2027 election timetable

    Police arrest Buhari's ex-aide Obono-Obla over alleged certificate forgery 

    Lawmaker breaks silence on Obono-Obla’s arrest in Cross River

    The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) discovered a warehouse in Lagos State containing prohibited, fraudulent, and unregistered cosmetic products worth over ₦3 billion.

    NAFDAC confiscates banned, fake cosmetics worth N3bn in Lagos

    US deports 79 Nigerians on criminal list

    US Secret Service kills man trying to enter Trump’s estate

    SERAP gives Tinubu seven days to scrap phone‑tapping law

    SERAP gives Tinubu seven days to scrap phone‑tapping law

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Wike bloc plans March 28 PDP convention after court victory

    Wike lauds FCT poll, says results reflect democracy

    February 22, 2026
    CAN rejects Shari’ah council’s call for INEC chair’s removal

    INEC to unveil new 2027 election timetable

    February 22, 2026
    Eze Arsenal's derby hero again as leaders sink Tudor's Tottenham

    Eze Arsenal’s derby hero again as leaders sink Tudor’s Tottenham 

    February 22, 2026
    Barcelona narrowly defeated Real Madrid in a five-goal clash to claim consecutive Spanish Super Cup titles in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.

    Barcelona return to La Liga lead after thrashing Levante 3-0

    February 22, 2026
    Police arrest Buhari's ex-aide Obono-Obla over alleged certificate forgery 

    Lawmaker breaks silence on Obono-Obla’s arrest in Cross River

    February 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.