Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Wike bloc plans March 28 PDP convention after court victory

    Wike lauds FCT poll, says results reflect democracy

    February 22, 2026
    CAN rejects Shari’ah council’s call for INEC chair’s removal

    INEC to unveil new 2027 election timetable

    February 22, 2026
    Eze Arsenal's derby hero again as leaders sink Tudor's Tottenham

    Eze Arsenal’s derby hero again as leaders sink Tudor’s Tottenham 

    February 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Wike lauds FCT poll, says results reflect democracy
    • INEC to unveil new 2027 election timetable
    • Eze Arsenal’s derby hero again as leaders sink Tudor’s Tottenham 
    • Barcelona return to La Liga lead after thrashing Levante 3-0
    • Lawmaker breaks silence on Obono-Obla’s arrest in Cross River
    • NAFDAC confiscates banned, fake cosmetics worth N3bn in Lagos
    • Mac Allister frantic finish seals Liverpool win over Nottingham 
    • US Secret Service kills man trying to enter Trump’s estate
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Sunday, February 22
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Court adjourns Natasha Akpoti’s suit against senate to March 25

    Opalim LiftedBy Opalim LiftedMarch 10, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Court adjourns Natasha Akpoti’s suit against senate to March 25
    Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    A federal high court in Abuja has adjourned a suit filed by Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan, senator representing Kogi central, to March 25.

    Natasha had approached the court seeking an order restraining the senate committee on ethics and privileges from investigating her.

    On march 5, the court issued an order ex parte restraining the committee from conducting disciplinary proceedings against Natasha.

    However, the senate proceeded to suspend the senator for six months for allegedly violating its rules.

    At the court session on Monday, counsel for the first, second, and third defendants told the court that they had not been served with processes.

    But Michael Numa, counsel to Akpoti-Uduaghan, said all parties had been served, adding that affidavits of service were before the court.

    • Natasha: Saraki slams Akpabio for politicizing allegations, demands transparent probe

    After going through the file, Obiora Egwatu, the presiding judge, confirmed that all processes have been served on all defendants.

    Subsequently, Kehinde Ogunwumiju, counsel to the third defendant (the senate president), prayed the court for an adjournment for all processes to be harmonised.

    Other lawyers aligned with Ogunwumiju’s request for an adjournment adding that it would facilitate accelerated hearing at the next adjourned date.

    In his ruling, Egwatu adjourned the matter to March 25 and ordered that all the relevant processes should be served on parties before the date.

    Speaking to journalists after court proceedings, Peter Nwaebonyi, deputy chief whip, said it is “strange” for the court to interfere in the affairs of the senate.

    He noted that the senate only answered the call of the court for “being a responsible and law abiding institution”.

    Akpoti-Uduaghan was suspended for “gross misconduct” after engaging Senate President Godswill Akpabio in a heated debate over seating arrangement on February 20.

    The lawmaker would later accuse Akpabio of sexually harassing her.

    The senate committee on ethics, privileges, and public petitions dismissed Akpoti-Uduaghan’s petition on procedural grounds.

    Neda Imaseun, the committee chairman, had deemed the petition as “dead on arrival” because it was signed by the petitioner, which contravenes senate rules.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Wike bloc plans March 28 PDP convention after court victory

    Wike lauds FCT poll, says results reflect democracy

    CAN rejects Shari’ah council’s call for INEC chair’s removal

    INEC to unveil new 2027 election timetable

    Police arrest Buhari's ex-aide Obono-Obla over alleged certificate forgery 

    Lawmaker breaks silence on Obono-Obla’s arrest in Cross River

    The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) discovered a warehouse in Lagos State containing prohibited, fraudulent, and unregistered cosmetic products worth over ₦3 billion.

    NAFDAC confiscates banned, fake cosmetics worth N3bn in Lagos

    US deports 79 Nigerians on criminal list

    US Secret Service kills man trying to enter Trump’s estate

    SERAP gives Tinubu seven days to scrap phone‑tapping law

    SERAP gives Tinubu seven days to scrap phone‑tapping law

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Wike bloc plans March 28 PDP convention after court victory

    Wike lauds FCT poll, says results reflect democracy

    February 22, 2026
    CAN rejects Shari’ah council’s call for INEC chair’s removal

    INEC to unveil new 2027 election timetable

    February 22, 2026
    Eze Arsenal's derby hero again as leaders sink Tudor's Tottenham

    Eze Arsenal’s derby hero again as leaders sink Tudor’s Tottenham 

    February 22, 2026
    Barcelona narrowly defeated Real Madrid in a five-goal clash to claim consecutive Spanish Super Cup titles in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.

    Barcelona return to La Liga lead after thrashing Levante 3-0

    February 22, 2026
    Police arrest Buhari's ex-aide Obono-Obla over alleged certificate forgery 

    Lawmaker breaks silence on Obono-Obla’s arrest in Cross River

    February 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.