Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    The terrorists who kidnapped about 35 worshippers from the Christ Apostolic Church, Oke-Igan, Eruku, in the Ekiti Local Government Area of Kwara State, have reportedly demanded N100 million ransom per victim.

    Kwara govt yet to release freed church abductees after one week

    November 29, 2025
    Terrorists now using satellite communication, says NASRDA

    Terrorists now using satellite communication, says NASRDA

    November 29, 2025
    Tax reforms: NOA launches nationwide campaign to counter misinformation

    Tax reforms: NOA launches nationwide campaign to counter misinformation

    November 29, 2025
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Kwara govt yet to release freed church abductees after one week
    • Terrorists now using satellite communication, says NASRDA
    • Tax reforms: NOA launches nationwide campaign to counter misinformation
    • Jonathan says Guinea Bissau coup painful than losing to Buhari
    • Nollywood actor Lere Paimo dies at 86
    • Terrorism: Northern governors get N56bn security votes
    • Obasanjo urges FG to stop negotiating with terrorists
    • Tinubu sets up national tax policy implementation committee
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Saturday, November 29
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    BREAKING: INEC denies postponing presidential election

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorFebruary 16, 2019No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    INEC chairman Prof Mahmood Yakubu
    INEC chairman Prof Mahmood Yakubu
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp
    INEC chairman Prof Mahmood Yakubu
    INEC chairman Prof Mahmood Yakubu

    Nigeria’s electoral agency has denied postponing the presidential election billed for 16 February 2019 describing it as ‘Fake News’.

    The presidential and national assembly elections were scheduled to hold in few hours but former Ekiti State governor, Ayodele Fayose hinted that the election had been postponed.

    The national commissioner for Voter Education and Publicity at INEC, Mr. Festus Okoye, has now urged Nigerians to ignore the rumours.

    “If stories are flying about, allow the stories to fly. What they are reporting is not true,” Mr Okoye told DailyPost.

    He said: “Yes we are in a meeting but we have not taken such decision.

    “This is election period and as commissioners, we meet every time”.

    READ: Devil cannot interfere in the plans of God, says Osinbajo

    INEC offices and election materials have been set ablaze in the last week in three states.

    The latest was in Awka, Anambra state. Other incidents took place in Abia and Plateau states. The election materials were gutted by mysterious fire.

    On Friday, the commission in Niger State announced that elections for the senatorial positions of Niger East and Niger North may not hold on Saturday as the ballot papers meant for the zone were missing.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    The terrorists who kidnapped about 35 worshippers from the Christ Apostolic Church, Oke-Igan, Eruku, in the Ekiti Local Government Area of Kwara State, have reportedly demanded N100 million ransom per victim.

    Kwara govt yet to release freed church abductees after one week

    Terrorists now using satellite communication, says NASRDA

    Terrorists now using satellite communication, says NASRDA

    Tax reforms: NOA launches nationwide campaign to counter misinformation

    Tax reforms: NOA launches nationwide campaign to counter misinformation

    2027: Court asked to restrain Jonathan from contesting

    Jonathan says Guinea Bissau coup painful than losing to Buhari

    Veteran Nollywood actor and cultural icon Lere Paimo

    Nollywood actor Lere Paimo dies at 86

    Terrorists now using satellite communication, says NASRDA

    Terrorism: Northern governors get N56bn security votes

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    The terrorists who kidnapped about 35 worshippers from the Christ Apostolic Church, Oke-Igan, Eruku, in the Ekiti Local Government Area of Kwara State, have reportedly demanded N100 million ransom per victim.

    Kwara govt yet to release freed church abductees after one week

    November 29, 2025
    Terrorists now using satellite communication, says NASRDA

    Terrorists now using satellite communication, says NASRDA

    November 29, 2025
    Tax reforms: NOA launches nationwide campaign to counter misinformation

    Tax reforms: NOA launches nationwide campaign to counter misinformation

    November 29, 2025
    2027: Court asked to restrain Jonathan from contesting

    Jonathan says Guinea Bissau coup painful than losing to Buhari

    November 29, 2025
    Veteran Nollywood actor and cultural icon Lere Paimo

    Nollywood actor Lere Paimo dies at 86

    November 29, 2025
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2025 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.